Insteon Thermostat 2441TH

It doesn’t seem so as of yet.

+1 Waiting on this as well. Let me know if you need any help with beta testing.

FYI - I just merged a PR from a contributor to add Insteon thermostat support to the dev branch of the Insteon-MQTT bridge project (forum thread). It’s a different way to handle insteon integration than the built in system. If you’re interested in helping to test it out, feel free to download the dev branch and try it out. If you find any issues, feel free to open a github issue as I’m not sure the author posts here or not.

+1 Waiting on this as well. Happy to test if needed.

Any update on this? I’m on .86.3 and don’t see the thermostat yet?

Thanks

There is a branch of Home Assistant on my fork here based on the current HA version: Home Assistant. You can download and test. It really only works for the 2441TH. It may work for the 2441ZTH but not sure. It uses the current version of insteonplm so no change there.

Thanks Teharris,

Don’t understand what to do with this but I do have a 2441th. I looked at the link you provided but it looks like another install of Home Assistant? My thermostat is controlled thru an isy994 controller that talks to Home Assistant.

sah

This is for the insteon component not the isy component.

Just to let anyone who’s interested know, I started working on adding thermostat support to the isy994 component. I have a preliminary version on my Github Fork here for anyone interested in helping. So far, only initial loading is completed, have not implemented status updates or control yet; but at least its a start. Thank you @teharris1 for a kickoff point.

Thermos

I’ve created a new topic for the ISY version here: Insteon Thermostat 2441TH for ISY

Didn’t get a chance to test this. Teharris will this get pulled into latest HA release anytime soon? Currently running 87.1

I’ve got this running as a custom component right now with some slight changes to @teharris1’s code. It works enough for me, but there are still a few issues to resolve before I think it’s ready for a PR. I was hoping to be able to finish it and get it merged in soon, but I’ve got a newborn at home so this is on the back burner. If any other devs are interested in collabing on it let me know

1 Like

+1 on also haveing the thermostat. It would really be great.

If by any change you are looking for a beta tester im right here :wink:

Im looking only to gather the data from the thermostat, not controlling it for the moment if it can help.

would anyone know if there is an update to this? I have 5 Insteon thermostats and would love to see them on HA. I am using the isy994.

If you’re using the ISY: please install the ISY994 custom-component from HACS to have access to the thermostats.

Still working through the updates to the original PyISY module which is holding me out from pushing the updates to Home Assistant for right now, but the custom component is workng great as a drop-in replacement with additional features for now.

@teharris1, do you still have the branch of Home Assistant that you had it working for 2441TH? I tried to follow the link (https://github.com/teharris1/home-assistant/tree/thermostat) you posted last year and it returns 404. Thanks!

I do not have it any longer but I can recreate it. I am also working on a new version of Insteon that has a lot of new features if you are interested in being a Guinee pig. BTW, do you use a hub or a plm?

Is the thermostat supported in the new version? I’m currently using PLM with my HA. I have 2 PLMs, a hub and a couple of Rasperry Pis laying around.

Is this the branch that contains your new Insteon changes?
https://github.com/teharris1/home-assistant/commits/pyinsteon

I have created a new version that includes the thermostat but it requires a new library underneath it. Here is the link to the HA version you need:

You also need this library installed:
https://github.com/teharris1/pyinsteon/tree/release1

I have done a lot of testing of this solution and it is in very good shape. BUT, please keep in mind this is still under development so bugs will definitely exist. Also, the Thermostat is a very flaky device with all kinds of weird behaviors. For example, I found out during development it will only send status to one modem at a time.

1 Like

If you do test it please provide feedback using this post: