Instructions for USB boot with Hass.io, HassOs and Raspberrypi 3B

I have installed the last version of Hass.io and HassOs. I have researching during hours and could not find a solution. Thanks.

No possible with hass.io (unless something changed recently).

I have read that is the development of that funcionality and it is merged to the master branch and released: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/pull/318

But I don’t how it works because I created a boot in one SSD and I connected to the PI USB port and nothing happened.

I miss some instructions and it is an important topic because mi PI 3B has broken 2 SD cards :frowning:

As i read it that pull request only relates to having the data on a usb drive, not booting off one.

1 Like

You can just install raspbian lite to boot off a USB and then docker and then use a generic linux install of hass.io on that.

I did this for a while before I got my NUC and it worked really well. The benefits of a full Linux distro and Hass.io with none of the gotchas of running HassOS

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, a good solution to avoid this kind of things… I will do that if there is not solution with HassOs because it will take me a lot of time installing and then, migrating the current status…