Integrating Becker Motors in to Hassio

I do not entirely follow the channel/unit thing… On the Master remote, the topmost LED is lit up, hence CH1? What is the unit…? Is the Master Unit 1? The motor unit 2? In the pair example, the USB should be 1:1…
As you know, I do not get any signals into the log file from the USB - trying to find the error… But the USB should listen to and report any traffic going on, regardless of its own Channel and Unit, right?

each remote has a unit code. This is true for your master remote as well as your USB stick. A unit code consists of five digits, e.g. 12345.To make live easier, the unit code for the USB stick is simple 1 to 5.
In addition each unit might have several channels 1 to 7.
The motor is just a receiver and has no unit code.
Each motor can be trained for multiple unit:channel combinations.
The becker.pair service needs to be filled with valid data like:

service: becker.pair
data:
  channel: 1
  unit: 1

You can get this view by selecting YAML modus and then FILL WITH EXAMPLE DATA

Good morning, sorry for my late reaction. I didn’t have time to test it again within the last weeks. But today I tried it again and I’m not sure where the problem is.

First of all, thats everything I’ve written down within the configuration.yaml, concerning the Becker shutters:

################
#BECKER ROLLADEN
################

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    # This must correspond to the folder name of your /config/custom_components/becker folder
    custom_components.becker: debug

cover:
  - platform: becker
    device: "/dev/my-becker-centronic-usb"
    filename: "my-centronic-stick.db"
    covers:
      # Use unique names for each cover like kitchen, bedroom or living_room
      buerodaniel:
        friendly_name: "Büro Daniel"
        # Becker Centronic USB stick provides up to five units (1-5) with up to seven (1-7) channels
        # Unit 1 - Channel 1
        channel: "1"
        # The travel time for direction up is sufficient if travel time for up and down are equal
        travelling_time_up: 3
        # Optional travel time for direction down
        travelling_time_down: 3
      bedroom:
        friendly_name: "Bedroom Cover"
        # Unit 1 - Channel 2
        channel: "2"
      living_room:
        friendly_name: "Living room Cover"
        # Use Unit 2 - Channel 1
        channel: "2:1"

I tried to implement the first shutter by bringing it into the “programming mode”, the shutter reacts with the typical “click”, so this should be ok.

After that I tried to run the “becker-pair” out of the services category of development tools and I only get the “unknown error”

By looking into the home-assistant.log file, nothing is logged concering this action/error

Any ideas who to go on?

Thanks

For me the “unknown error” was fixed by restarting the device the USB Stick was attached to (in my case a Raspberry Pi)

I finally managed to get it all to work using the stick bought from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0983XS7ZG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The only real oddity I noticed is when running multiple commands at once (e.g. voice assistant “shut everything”) only two of my four windows close. I’m wondering how I can ensure the commands are done sequentially.

Dear @RainerS

again, thank you for this great integration ! This works perfectly.

Is it possible to add custom attributes in the cover settings ?
I am currently using such attributes, but on seperate entities.

Example :

cover:
    device: "/dev/my-becker-centronic-usb"
    covers:
      my_cover:
        friendly_name: "My cover name"
        position_when_it_is_hot_outside: 10
        position_hot_side: true

Thank you

The integration still works well. But I do have an issue. It’s about my Becker Centronic EasyControl EC545 master remote.

I have it added in my config to track button presses. But it only registers the 2nd press. Is there any way to fix that?

cover:
    device: "/dev/ttyACM1"
    covers:
      erker1:
        friendly_name: "Erker Voor"
        remote_id: "1C3E3:1"
        travelling_time_up: 22.7
        travelling_time_down: 21      
      erker2:
        friendly_name: "Erker Zijkant"
        channel: "2"
        remote_id: "1C3E3:2"
        travelling_time_down: 22.6   
      woonkamer:
        friendly_name: "Woonkamer"
        channel: "3"
        remote_id: "1C3E3:3"
        travelling_time_up: 23.5
        travelling_time_down: 22   
      eetkamer:
        friendly_name: "Eetkamer"
        channel: "4"
        remote_id: "1C3E3:4"
        travelling_time_down: 21.4   
      tuin:
        friendly_name: "Tuin"
        channel: "5"
        remote_id: "1C3E3:5"
        travelling_time_up: 27.9
        travelling_time_down: 22.9  
      alles:
        friendly_name: "Alles"
        channel: "6"
        remote_id: "1C3E3:F"
        travelling_time_up: 27.9
        travelling_time_down: 22.9   

I can’t really motivate my response but what if you disable “Alles” so that you don’t have the option to control all covers at once?

Good evening everyone,
I would like to thank Rainer, Ole and Nicolas for the excellent work on integrating Becker in Hassio. I managed to integrate all my components into the system. I also admit that the beginning was difficult and that my misunderstanding Channel/Unit in yaml and the Unit/Channel inversion in Becker.pair gave me a hard time. But now everything is integrated, works and suits me very well.

On the other hand, since the start of my installation, I have had these messages in my log file:
2024-07-08 22:52:42.382 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.frame] Detected that custom integration ‘becker’ accesses hass.helpers.dispatcher. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.11, it should be updated to import functions used from dispatcher directly at custom_components/becker/cover.py, line 253: receive = self.hass.helpers.dispatcher.async_dispatcher_connect(, please report it to the author of the ‘becker’ custom integration

I am currently running with this version of HAOS:
Core 2024.7.1
Supervisor 2024.06.2
Operating System 12.4
User interface 20240705.0

Is there any special treatment that needs to be done to update me? However, I had the impression that I had taken the latest version of the integration on GitHub?
Thanks for your help

I need to look at that.
If anyone else wants to help with that, please feel free to contribute on GitHub.

Hi there,

i´ve also some issues with my covers and i hope someone can help me. :slight_smile:

I´ve a raspi 5, with original power supply and the centronics stick plugged in as described with small extension cable. Nothing else plugged in.

in config.yaml is the following:

• platform: becker
    device: “/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Becker-Antriebe_GmbH_CDC_RS232_v125_Centronic-if00”
    filename: “my-centronic-stick.db”
    covers:

Use unique names for each cover like kitchen, bedroom or living_room

kueche:
    friendly_name: “Küche”
    # Becker Centronic USB stick provides up to five units (1-5) with up to seven (1-7) channels
    # Channel 4
    channel: “4”
    hwr_seite:
    friendly_name: “HWR Seite”
    # Use Unit 5 - Channel 6
    channel: “5:6”

after pairing i got error messages at first try, but then i get a green hook and i see the enities in HA. But somehow i don´t hear the double “clac” noise, just the first one confirming the cover is ready to pair.

service: becker.pair
data:
channel: 4
unit: 5

what am i doing wrong ?

thanks for your help and kind regards

Hello Rainer,
do you have find a solution ? We are not on a hurry but 2024.11 can arrive fastly and I have no other solution …
Thanks a lot for yor help

Dear all,

I have implemented this nice integration and it has been working perfectly for a couple of months.

Since a couple of weeks, the USB stick is not interacting with my becker covers suddenly, after working several days without any issue.

Here is what happens :

• Home Assistant services (such as cover.open, cover.close, cover.set_cover_position) are still running (no error)
  • the cover is not responding
  • after enabling debug mode => no error message
  • home assistant reboot as no effect

My only working workaround is to stop HA, unplug the stick, wait a couple of seconds, plug again the stick and start again HA

Has anyone already encountered this kind of issue ?
Which advice could you give me in order to find the root cause and a solution?

Thank you

Hi Nico,

Had the same understanding from other users I discussed with. Looks like the newer Stick is somehow weak.
But I don’t have a good idea so far.
Rainer

I had the same experience and opened a warranty claim at the shop I bought it. It was replaced with a new one which is working fine for around five month now

Have the same issue. Any known “older” stick versions that don’t have that problem?
All the best
Mngsps

I have a problem with to integrate this repository, too.
Hardware:
Using HA on a Pi400. Roto Cover. Centronic USB Stick (Tested by Colleague)

Part of the configuration.yaml:

cover:
    device: "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-BECKER-ANTRIEBE_GmbH_CDC_RS232_v125_Centronic-if00"
    covers:
      # Use unique names for each cover like kitchen, bedroom or living_room
      schlafzimmer:
        friendly_name: "Aussenrolladen Schlafzimmer"
        # Unit 1 - Channel 1

I think, the problem is the pairing.
I started the pairing with the “Centronic EasyControl EC411-III”. Feedback from the cover was ok.
Then I started the pairing in HA.

Please see the failure in the screenshot.
I tried everything - I am at the end.
You’re welcome to support me.