Integrating Becker Motors in to Hassio

@RainerS I’ve ordered the 4035 200 041 0 on the webshop but i recieved first the Becker Domotic Box instead then they send me the 4035 000 041 0 USB key.

I can return it if this is the problem.

Here are two discussions about USB sticks:

There has been already one broken stick, but there is no final conclusion about part numbers.

If you have a Linux PC on hand you could try the centronic-py from ole to exclude any issues of your setup.
Or copy the pybecker folder to your PC (works with both, Linux and Windows) and run

python -m pybecker -?

for help with available options (will allow to log and send commands, need to pass -d COMx for windows).

Otherwise I would send it back as broken.

@RainerS Thanks again, i’ve used Python for the first time ( i usualy only web dev )

First i’ve installed Python with windows store :sweat_smile:
installed pip
pip install pyserial
pip install pybecker

I’ve changed default device to COM6

I’ve paired successfully with :

python pybecker/__main__.py --channel 1 --action PAIR

And controls worked :

python pybecker/__main__.py --channel 1 --action UP
python pybecker/__main__.py --channel 1 --action DOWN

So, my USB key with chips SX1232 & ATSAMD51G19A seems to run well and is compatible.

For my next test tomorrow, do you think that something would be better than to try to launch commands from HA with pyscript ?

Have you verified the USB cable? Sometimes they don’t work well. If this is OK, then it looks like your USB stick is not properly connected to your system. Are you using VM or Docker? Unfortunately the integration does not check for proper connection to USB stick and just accepts any serial port.
Have you tried another physical USB port?
You could also try to launch commands from HA, but please note when you switch systems, the database with the counter gets lost. Therefore you will need to run STOP several times, unless your motor will accept new commands. This is similar as changing batteries in your remote.
Maybe the command line integration is better than pyscript for testing.

Okay, I admit: I’m stuck.

I’ve been trying to get this Becker/Centronics thing up and running for hours and somehow, it all doesn’t come together. So please, O community of knowledgeable people, help!

My setup is

• a home assistant running an a (non-supervised) docker container on a server in the basement
  • a Becker-Centronics controlled Roto window shutter on the 2nd floor
  • an EC411 1-channel master switch (that seems to work fine)
  • an OrangePi Zero in the attic running some Armbian Ubuntu flavor
  • a Centronix USB stick version 4035 200 041 0 that someone sold on ebay

What I managed (after some struggeling - is there a clean documentation for that Centronics channel/unit thing?) is to pair the USB-stick in the Orange Pi with the shutter using an on-device centronics-py script. Training worked and I was able to UP/DOWN/HALT the shutters.
But:

• pybecker didn’t work (no training-clack-confirm, no UP/DOWN actions working) no error message
  • connecting via ser2net via centronics-py didn’t work (line 210 [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer)

The Pybecker thing, I don’t understand - but the ser2net issue could just be configuration. How do I have to set up the stick in the ser2net.yaml file? Did anyone get that set up and running?

Thank you @RainerS, I tried on the front USB port of my Synology NAS, i remapper it on the HA VM and this time i could associate succesfully on chanel / unit 1 / 1.

However, i cant associate witch channel 1 / 2, i had to put 2:1 and the change in the configuration make me a lot of bad name entities.

I’m going to check it and explore more after my sky holiday week.

Please keep in mind that the order of channel and unit is different in config versus becker pair service

Today I was checking my HA log file and found the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.cover
Source: helpers/deprecation.py:205
Integration: Cover (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 14:06:15 (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:06:15

SUPPORT_CLOSE_TILT was used from becker, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use CoverEntityFeature.CLOSE_TILT instead, please report it to the author of the ‘becker’ custom integration
SUPPORT_OPEN was used from becker, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use CoverEntityFeature.OPEN instead, please report it to the author of the ‘becker’ custom integration
SUPPORT_OPEN_TILT was used from becker, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use CoverEntityFeature.OPEN_TILT instead, please report it to the author of the ‘becker’ custom integration
SUPPORT_STOP was used from becker, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use CoverEntityFeature.STOP instead, please report it to the author of the ‘becker’ custom integration
SUPPORT_SET_POSITION was used from becker, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use CoverEntityFeature.SET_POSITION instead, please report it to the author of the ‘becker’ custom integration

That’s already on my todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a bit confused on which stick to buy. Most vendors have this number: 40350000410. But the readme says: 40352000410.

Would this one be the correct one?: Becker USB-Funk-Stick Centronic | Fenstergigant

To be honest, I don’t know. The description is weak. I guess they didn’t update the description and there’s anyway only the new one available. I also have no glue what’s the exact difference between them.
Here’s another option:

I bought it from there 3 years ago.
You anyway have the right to send it back, if it is not working.

Thanks for the reply. The transport cost is pretty high to my country in that shop. And the item has the same number. So I’ll just try the other one.

I have the stick and it works. I paired the covers but made 1 mistake. I paired cover 2 to a entity and after that I accidentaly paired cover 2 and 3 to the same entity. So when I control cover 2, it works. But when I control cover 3, cover 3 and 2 work at the same time. Can I unpair and start over?

The easiest way is to use your master remote and remove all remotes except your master remote. Then pair your stick again. See your manual of the master remote for details.

I checked the remote manual, but there are no steps to remove a remote. Any other possibilities?

I found another manual. It tells about removing all remotes. So I’ll give that a try. I’ll report back.

Ok, that worked. So I had to select the program button 3 seconds with the problematic shutter selected. Then 3 seconds again on the program button. And then another 10 seconds on the program button, and it deleted the USB stick. Now I need to play some more with the rest of the settings :slight_smile:

@Mngsps I opened a warranty claim with the store where I bought the stick and they sent me a new stick as a replacement and the new one has been working perfectly for 4 days now. The replacement was also very easy, I just had to unplug the old stick, plug in the new stick and restart the system.

Good morning,

i’m a new in the “hassio” business and started to implement my becker shutters. I use a raspberry pi 5 HA, with the Becker Centronic V2 stick (already shown in the hardware overview) and installed the “RainerStaude/hass-becker-component-plus-pybecker” integration via HACS. Within the config, the becker integration is shown unter “custom components” so the installation should be right.

But: When I start the “becker.pair” service => Unknown Error

I added the logger to the mein config, but i can’t find any logfiles within the config becker folder

logger:
default: info
logs:
# This must correspond to the folder name of your /config/custom_components/becker folder
custom_components.becker: debug

Thanks in advance for your support!

The logs are saved in the home-assistant.log file within your main config folder.