Integrating Win10 In HA with MQTT

Here’s a compiled version of 1.4.1:

hey thanks a lot! @Bobby

1 Like

hello anyone knows what should i put in server box in mqtt program to make it work ?

1 Like

It seems to be very interesting but there are no instructions how to install. And for me being a layman gets complicated.

1 Like

I just installed this to get around the clunky RPC method of shutting down - works perfectly. Thanks heaps!

I have installed it but it uses all of my cou (i7) and my pc starts lagging. Is there a solution for this?
It starts with cca 18% cpu usage and it’s raising slowly, after a few minutes it reaches 70-80% .

I use my custom version in which I removed RAM usage, CPU and all stuff that I don’t need. I have Ryzen 5 1600 It use 0.5% CPU MAX 1%

How can i do that? Or could you share it?

1 Like

Oh, I wrote in the wrong theme. I don’t use this version anymore. I now use IOT Link which is created in Python where you can easily edit files.

Yeah IOT Link is amazing. Have it on all my Windows systems.

1 Like

Any suggestion on how to make the monitor go blank/turn on fast? Not sure if it’s forcing a black screensaver and waking it up? I want to shut off my HA mounted dashboard when no one is around, but wake it up quickly when the motion sensor detects someone. I tried a smart plug, but it takes too long for the monitor to actually power on and display something.

I uninstalled this but it still starts on windows startup What gives? @KjetilS

Same problem here - I cant seem to uninstall it

I disabled it from startup and removed the folder thats tied to it but it still lingers on my pc. Temp fix for now.

Are you still using link? i’m having problems setting this up can you help?

Hey there, apologies for the late reply. Did you still need help? I can sure try. :slight_smile:

Any chance to get an installation guide?
how do set on pc? how to set and use in HA?

thanks.

I use HASS Workstation Service. Works great! https://smarthomepursuits.com/how-to-setup-hass-workstation-service-in-home-assistant/

Hi, I’m new here, and in homeasistan I have seen the issue of controlling the pc from home assistant, and I find it very interesting, the problem is that I have no knowledge whatsoever, I am learning as I go, and I wanted to ask, if there is any video tutorial, to guide you in the installation, thank you very much