Integrating Win10 In HA with MQTT

Check the latest build, lots of bugs fixed and added a imagefolder -> slideshow :slight_smile:

I just checked out the latest tree, and the release version works well, even without a username and password.:grinning:

One significant thing though, is that closing the window doesn’t stop the binary running. You have to do that with the task manager.

it’s already fixed, havent commited and made a installer yet… comming later today :slight_smile:

All of a sudden, the application doesnt keep loaded anymore. It starts and closes itself within seconds…

no error message?

New build uploaded :slight_smile:

One other problem - the size of the setting form is too large for my tablet screen, and there is no way to scroll, so that the save and close buttons are inaccessible.

Normally, I can rotate the screen and get at forms that are too long, but this is both too long and too wide.

I have made a build moving the buttons underneath the table, which works for me, but either making the page scrollable or smaller would be a more complete solution.

The new build stays active. However, it has the issue of “unexpected error” again when not selecting a TTS

Happend again. First the little window (where you click on settings) will not completely minimize.
Then when you close it, it will never open again. And the settings are lost (IP etc). Even after restart it doesnt open up again… (well it opens and immediatly closes).

Have been busy with other things, will work on the issues the next days :slight_smile:

New build uploaded, a bunch of bugs fixed.
Added some new examples of usages to https://github.com/KjetilSv/Win10As/blob/master/hass-sample.yaml
Including a automation MQTT notification to TTS.

1 Like

Hmm, just tried your tool and it seems like it does not like to connect. WIndows 10 x64 here. It takes two minutes to close the config window and stays disconnected. I activated mqtt: for the internal broker and tried to log in with homeassistant and my API key. After restarting the tool the disconnected below left is now “toolStripStatusLabel1”

Ah and Volume activating does not stay active on restart of the app and creates a new entry every time I switch it on again.

And it eats 20% of my Core i7

Try uninstalling and then install https://github.com/KjetilSv/Win10As/raw/master/installer.zip :slight_smile:

I also tried a reinstall, but the last version is not stable in eats my i5 on my computer and it freezes, that on version 1.0.30 but version 1.0.10 worked perfectly fine for me. Also, I noticed that the CPU and ram sensor publish on every change but that’s not good for me I think. I have the time interval set for 6000 second.

Yeah, should not use “any” cpu, only small spike with timer intervals.
Can you pm me the content in C:\Users\kjetil\AppData\Local\mqttclient-most-recent-folder-\user.config ?

OK, new one installed. Not really a fix over here. Volume switches off and stays in the sheet as before and the “toolStripStatusLabel1” after restart of the app is there again. I just had one new error message: “An unexpected error has occurred. details: Objektverweis wurde auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. innerException:Continue?” Yes/No I went and disabled all switches except the sensors and manually wiped the volume and monitor entries still being in the list, clean now again but not working tho. Dunno if that helps you…

Strange, but have added some more error handling stuff.
New build https://github.com/KjetilSv/Win10As/raw/master/installer.zip
btw : I’m “always” online at the HA discord if you wanna communicate directly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will show up later today. Name is BierKaiser there ^^

1 Like

Hmm, and your name is?

it’s @kjetil

im also having an issue with my cpu spiking up to 100% and staying there. Was this issue fixed?