Integration for Danalock v3 Zigbee

There’s a lot of interest around automation for the electronic lock, Danalock.
It comes in a number of different versions, Homekit, Z-Wave and Zigbee.
Seems there’s some progress getting the Z-wave to work with Home Assistant but it’s very quite about the Zigbee version. Currently the easiest way to go is to use the Smartthings hub as a bridge to Home Assistant.
Not everybody wants to buy new hardware though, especially since many already have Zigbee capable hardware as for instance Conbee II.

I think there are a lot of members in the community who would appreciate if the Danalock V3 Zigbee got some love.

https://danalock.com/products/danalock-v3-smart-lock/

According to website APIs available for partners.

I just received my Danalock V3 zigbee and I was able to integrate it with my HA. The lock is reporting the status (lock/unlock) and I can lock it and unlock it from HA, so integration looks fine.

The only issue I am having at the moment is the lock reporting a lock status when the lock cannot be complete (i.e. when I forgot to lift the handle of the door so it cannot be locked), not sure if other people are having the same issue

That’s interesting, how did you integrate it into HA?
I assume you did not use Smartthings.
Can’t help you with the lock status unfortunately.

I have a CC2531 module for the zigbee connection and I use zigbee2mqtt. The connection was pretty quick, the first step was linking the Danalock with the mobile app (app uses bluetooth) and in the app there is one option to activate zigbee (inside “smarthome”, and it´s actually called “z-wave” even it should be called zigbee), using that option HA was able to discover the lock.

3 Likes

OK, cool!
Weird that Danalock haven’t replaced the Z-wave icon with a Zigbee.
Haven’t tried zigbee2mqtt, might give it a go and sell my Smartthings.
All my other zigbee devices are connected through a Conbee II.

Hi @heisenberg,

how does it work for you in general? Can you open the door using HA? In this case i mean not only unlocking it but open the door so you can enter the house like you would do with the Danalock app?
Does this use case work for you and how?

Looking forward to your reply.

Patrick

Hi @Pking, the answer is yes, I can lock and unlock the door from HA in the same way I do it from the Danalock app, but I am not sure what you mean with “not only unlocking it but open the door”

Hi @heisenberg,

what i mean is to physically open the door. Danalock turns the “Key” a little bit more into
open position so the door can open itself. Does this make sense?
Frictionless entry of you like.

Regards

Patrick

I guess that depends on your door, you can think about Danalock just as a motor attached to the lock. In my case Danalock can lock and unlock the door (as a small note, my door has a multipoint locking system, so in order for Danalock to be able to lock the door I have to previously lift the handle of the door), but it cannot physically open the door (as the previous normal lock I had couldn´t do it either), I need to press the handle to open the door.

1 Like

Ok, now i get your point. So you were not able to just insert the Key and turn it as much as possible into the opening position in order to open the door? May i ask if you live in the US?

Exactly, I know what type of door/lock you mean, but I don´t have that option. I live in UK and here the multipoint lock is the standard.

Anyone who managed to get it setup using zha component? I’m thinking of what would be the best z-wave or zigbee, leaning to zigbee for some better battery management, but I have no idea if that is the case…

I asked the support and got the following information

Hello Roger,

There is currently no integration to Home Assistant and it is not in the roadmap for 2020.

Best regards
Danalock support

Pking

Jun 16

Hi @heisenberg,

what i mean is to physically open the door. Danalock turns the “Key” a little bit more into
open position so the door can open itself. Does this make sense?
Frictionless entry of you like.

Regards

Patrick

Hello,
I have the zwave version of that lock and yes it can open the door.

I have an automation that when i ring the bell my maindoor and my appartmantdoor opens so i can bring up my stuff without searching for keys

:slight_smile:
Ps write from a phone and doesnt know how to quote

Hi, @royrogermcfreely.
Can you explain step by step how do you integrate the danalock in HA?
I have one danalock V3 and also have the aeotec z-stick gen5 , but I cannot work the lock via HA.
Can you help me?
Thanks

Nuno Peixoto

I just got a danalock zigbee. I can open/close without any issues. The status is unreliable, since I have enabled End-to-end operation. Unfortunately I don’t get the battery info, which would be nice

I have this working with the zigbee version, deCONZ via Conbee 2 and latest HA.

My only issue is that the bluetooth seems unreliable so I tried to make an automation with presence detection that would unlock the lock. It seems too slow to send the signal to the lock. Anyone notice this too?

@Frags I have run a sniff of the zigbee network and Danalock is sending a data request package every 5 seconds, which means it should take a maximum of 5 seconds to operate after you send a zigbee command, when you say “too slow” you mean 5 seconds delay or more?

i have the same problem as others have. The current status (locked/unlocked) of the locks in incorrect.
I just locked the door with an automation but the status is still unlocked…

@Frags, I use device tracking (life360) as geofence, setup a big enough radius so that the door has time to unlock before your arrival. Works fine for me. Fails rarely but if it does I open the life360 app so that HA gets a location update faster.
@hans80, have you done a manual calibration via Danalock App? That’s what I do and I never have any issues with the status being incorrect.