Integration for TP-Link Omada system

There is a link to the api documentation in this thread. Omada SDN Controller API Document - Business Community (tp-link.com)

1 Like

Just a quick FYIā€¦Looks like Zach has been adding a lot of things lately:

Maybe you two could see about working together on this Omada integration.

2 Likes

got HA and Omada updated this week. As had initial issues with recorde on maria db i didnt notice omada integration broke.

2023-04-12 15:31:36.193 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up tplink_omada platform for switch
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 304, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tplink_omada/switch.py", line 33, in async_setup_entry
    network_switches = await omada_client.get_switches()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tplink_omada_client/omadasiteclient.py", line 95, in get_switches
    for d in await self.get_devices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tplink_omada_client/omadasiteclient.py", line 84, in get_devices
    result = await self._api.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tplink_omada_client/omadaapiconnection.py", line 145, in request
    return await self._do_request(method, url, params=params, payload=payload)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tplink_omada_client/omadaapiconnection.py", line 182, in _do_request
    self._check_application_errors(content)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tplink_omada_client/omadaapiconnection.py", line 203, in _check_application_errors
    raise RequestFailed(response["errorCode"], response["msg"])
tplink_omada_client.exceptions.RequestFailed: Omada controller responded 'Operation forbidden.' (-1005)

guessing its the omada update as a lot changed in 5.9.31. The UI is starting from ā€˜globalā€™ and not default site.
so guessing a bit here, but not sure yet.

anyone seen this too?

Hello, I have 3 EAP225ā€™s, an SG2218 (non-poe) switch ,an ER7205 and an OC300 (all Omada). Are you expecting to be able to add capabilities for those any time soon?

Yes, Iā€™m aiming to add at least 1 feature a month, but I really only have time to work on this at quiet weekends. There is an open PR to add support for internet and LAN port connectivity status on gateways but itā€™s fallen into a bit of a black hole waiting for review.

If someone wants to provide feedbackā€¦ please do :slight_smile:

There have also been quite a few changes happening in the underlying library which will form the basis of upcoming new features. A few helpful people have been providing very welcome contributions on the back-end.

Feature requests will be considered if you have anything you desperately want covered.

Thank you, totally understood it is volunteer and very deeply appreciated!

Feeling badly Iā€™m unable to help so to rectify - just so you know where I am coming from, Iā€™ve got an RPI 4b w/8Gig of Ram & 1tb SSD - so

Programmer in a past life mainly Windows - on Wall Street, low latency multi threaded realtime trading systems (C++, C#, Visual Sourcesafe, .NET, Visual Studio etc.). Moved into management (IT) and away from programming - but as programming is my first love careerwise, I picked up the above hardware and taught myself Linux & Python etc, networking expertise is pretty good but that is through a lot of time and effort and pain working on improving a customized home network.

So although the aptitude is there - I have no clue on how to even properly contribute and how GitHub works with regards to respectful contributions and vetting of code before check- in etcā€¦ So where is the best place to find some tutorials/samples for:

1. GitHub tutorial or paradigm/best practices for proper and tactful collaboration and polite way to contribute?

2. Tutorials/samples on how integrations work with HA and how to properly contribute - ?

FYI I do not have any dev environment or other RPI hardware so that is a consideration/hurdle -

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Yes, I have a specific request.
Would love to control client reconnect/block/unblock from within ha for automations. That would probably be a service for client entities based on mac.or up adress.
Not a small addition probably, but would love to assist testing/validating.

Hey just an update, this does now recognize my Omada devicesā€¦ but not many properties (yet)!

Yes, the WAN/LAN connectivity sensors went live in the 2023.06 release.
Iā€™m going to look at adding more sensors next.

1 Like

Ok, now i get the firmware implementation in this integration:

Never considered an install button here when you first delivered this, now I see :+1:

Any help needed on new features btw?

Thank you for all of this. So excited to see what comes next!

Maybe this is impossible, but I often goo into my Omada settings and turns trotting policies on and off. It would be great to have just a switch on a dashboard to flip some of those values! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t mean to be rude but are any new features planned for this integration?

Yes @bagpuss you have us all excited! Whatā€™s next?

I justed wanted to chime in because I searched for a way to enable/disable wi-fi of Omada access points using Homeassistant (e.g. bound to a HA switch).
Iā€™ve successfully set up the Omada integration with the latest version of HA and a self-hosted Omada software controller (latest version, using the docker image) and two access points EAP615-Wall(EU) v1.0. The two devices showed up as expected.
Iā€™m glad to test with these devices if thatā€™s helpful.

You can do this with the other (one of the other) integrations that I mention in this post: Integration for TP-Link Omada system - #63 by danbutter

I run both at the same time. I was hoping for the same kinda feature set as the unifi crowd has, but not quite there yet.

I have both the HACS version and the built in version of the Omada integration installed, and neither shows rx-rate or tx-rate, which was the whole reason i installed theseā€¦ how did you get them in your attributes?

I can see the Rx and Tx Activity with the integration from hacs. Shows in MB/s.
I just went to the integration and selected a device.

ā€¦totally wrong topic, sorryā€¦

I have both integrations installed, but I also donā€™t see the Rx, Tx Activity on any of the integrations.

Go to Settings ā†’ Devices & services ā†’ Entities. Click on ā€œSearch entitiesā€ and enter ā€œTxā€. You should see a list of all the Tx-related entities the Omada integration has created.