Integration for TP-Link Omada system

Very promising. :slight_smile:

I am running Omada Docker but had it disabled because there was no useful support. I only use it with APs but would also get a Manageable Switch if an integration could handle it.

For me it would be interesting to see

• which client is currently connected (MAC, IP, friendly name)
  • which client was connected when
  • uptime AP etc.
  • firmware version and is an update available
  • is a guest network enabled
  • which client is connected to which AP and to which network SSID

And if possible, controlling clients/APs like assigning IPs or kicking/ blocking clients. Maybe even wake on lan, but that is available via dedicated integration and not part of Omada, afaik.

1 Like

yes! its alive
let the new domains come in :slight_smile:

any testing required for new releases, let me know

1 Like

Woeehoo for me it also works now. Donā€™t know what was wrong earlier on.
Gone keep my HACS integration also for now, it has more entities and my access points too. But no POE switch, so I like this one. Keep up the good work @bagpuss !

Glad you got it working. How do you add each POE switch port?
I see the switch but I donā€™t know how to map each port

this is populated by the integration. I didnt do anything else then going through setup flow. what switch do you have?

Is a Switch TL-SG2008P v1.0.

All the entities populated by the integration are trackers (device_tracker)

I have nice new shiny official and working (but empty) official TP-Link Omada integration - but any way to figure out when these could be added? (@MarkGodwin is not in here.)

1 TL-ER7206 Router
1 TL-SG2218 Switch (mine is not showing up I presume because it is Omada but not POE)
2 EAP225 Ceiling WAPā€™s
1 EAP225 Outdoor WAP

1 Like

Those are from the custom omada integration, not this native one.

Yes I dropped that one as it was not very useful, so decided to just get this one integrated and then be patient and wait for (or help to add if I have the time which I donā€™t right now) upcoming functionality :slight_smile:

The next version adds support for firmware update notifications. I chose this so that all the Omada devices would find their way into the system :slight_smile:

I now need to invest in an Omada router. Is the ER7206 worth the extra money? Iā€™m on an
TL-ER6120, so the TL-R605 feels like it might be too big a step down.

I have the 7206 for the SFP port and itā€™s super stable. Also the VPN is solid. No regrets on this purchase.

If I would purchase now, i even would consider ER7212PC. The embedded omada and full set of ports available, would ditch the extra switch i currently have.

For VPN throughput, the ER605 is so mush worse than the ER7206 that the price differential is very clearly worth the extra cost.

@checking12 , just wondering, what ISP are you using that allows for SFP port use? (FYI, I have Verizon fiber IG down and up but it is only compatible (they told me) to use an ethernet connection between the ONT and the ER7206ā€¦)

ISP in NL is tmobile. Its an AON network. You on GPON?
Iā€™m not 100% sure, but afaik , the ONT is activated on the cetnral fiber management and hence they say we cant help you. But in normal situations, the ONT is activated on MAC adress and is just a meda converter.
You could try to just clone the MAC from the ont (should be on the device) and make that mac being use in Omada. (there are fields for that). be sure to do it on the SFP WAN and not the Wan1/2. and then see if the SFP comes to life with the cable inserted. In the end itā€™s just a ETH port with different media.

Thanks for the info. Probably not worth the effort as my current speed is ~940 up and down and am paying for 1Gig service.

Just curiousā€¦would this be 2023.3.4 or 2023.4.0? Not asking you to rush or anythingā€¦just wondering.

Thanks for your work on this integration.

I donā€™t know yet. I would guess 2023.4, as itā€™s a new feature not a bugfix.
However, Iā€™m not completely up to speed on how the release cycle works.

Release are issue based afaik.

You see every month a different number of minor releases, depending on bug fixes. But if your code is merged, it will just go with the next release, regardless if itā€™s major or minor.

Looks like it would be in 2023.4.0. 2023.3.4 was released from a branch containing just specific fixes, I think. I canā€™t promise I will have time to add more before then.

But I do now have the ER7206 to play with :slight_smile:

You have an api document link for omada? Wondering what they cover.