Integration with Car Net VW

Hello, new here so don’t shoot me … yet

I was wondering possible to integrate HA with VW’s Car Net application. I have seen others do with HomeSeer etc. There isn’t any official API for it yet (At least what I know so far). But this is what I found;

Would be nice to get location, charge status, battery status to HA or Smartthings.

1 Like

1+

In two months ny new VW will arrive.

+1 from me too. I have a eGolf with car-net. Would be great to control it from HA

+1, count me in

Remember to push the vote button :+1:

1 Like

Good to know more people want this feature. I thought I was the only one with Car Net and smart house :yum:

1+ , voted

glad to see there are fellow eGolf & HA owners out there

I’m a proud Passat GTE owner :grin:

Is it doable at all?

Yes, It is doable. Someone allready made a Python integration:

+1 for me.

+1 for me :slight_smile:

+1 For Me, New VW on the way

1+ , voted

An integration in Home Assistant would be pretty simple as carnet already did the heavy lifting. Would be a nice start for somebody who wants to get into the platform/component development of Home Assistant. But according to this issue it could be that carnet needs to be updated first.

Or if a VW owner provide me the credentials for her/his account on a temporary base I could do the base integration. It’s seems read-only thus it would be limited to platforms which are observing (sensors and tracking) anyways.

I just saw a Java implementation of Car-net, and the author claims he is using the old API and that it still works. I will give the Python sollution a try and report back here.

Hello

I’m building an implementation that targets the calls made by the browser. No open API’exists and by now this is the only way. Can be a bit shaky if VW changes anything on the web but I got some calls working. The most important one is Charging information" since my car is a GTE.

Don’t know if this is working for the American market though.

2 Likes

I also have a GTE and charging data is very interesting. As well is trip/km data as I am leasing and want to make sure i dont drive more than my contract allows me to. Otherwise Iit will be expensive…

Any progress? Would love this for my GTE as well.

If you manage to get anything working I’d be happy to test it out, I’ve got a Passat GTE in the UK.