Integration with Car Net VW

Hi,
Just want to say that i have started to build a plugin for this, https://github.com/robinostlund/homeassistant-volkswagen-carnet

But it is still in developing state but you can test it already.

Brg Robin

4 Likes

Thanks for your work! I’ll give this a try later this week with my GTE.

I’ve integrated the component in Home Assistant and connected with my VW Golf GTE. I had one issue which I’ve solved by a workaround described in https://github.com/robinostlund/homeassistant-volkswagen-carnet/issues/2

I’ve also integrated this component into my Hassbian 0.60.1 installation. Other than having to change “se” to “nl” since I don’t live in Sweden but in the Netherlands, it seems to work great!

Interestingly, one of the things on my to-do list is to have a play with Carloop and see if I can get details from my old Ford’s OBD port. It should be possible, which means any car could be added to Home Assistant.

1 Like

How is it going? I have used the component for a couple og weeks now, and it seems to be stable.

I am not happy about infrequent value updates, but I think it is CarNet that is not updating/getting updates from my GTE. The app shows the same. I can wake up in the morning and charge percent will still show 70%, the same as before I went to sleep.

I see the same as @Marius. But I also think it is Car-net that isnt dooing well. When I check the android app it is also not updating if the hA plugin isnt.
But getting support for this kind of problems whith carnet isnt posible. I have tried lots of time, and no answer or just answer that maybe the car is out of data coverage…

I just started using HA and have installed the Car-net function. Getting the following error:

I am able to start the charging of the car, but most sensors are shwing up unavailable. As I said, I am new to this. Running Hassbian on RPi3 with the latest image.

Thank you for any input

Tried also with hassio installation. Still get the same error message.

Could the problem be corrupt SD card?

Corruted card… now working like a charm!

Afther fixing the first hurdle. the next error is

2018-04-05 20:55:18 WARNING (SyncWorker_11) [custom_components.volkswagen_carnet] Could not login to carnet

i checkt my cred they are good, anyone a idea? i having a Passat GTE

I’m having the same issue did anyone ever figure it out?

It might be that there has been changes in Car-net server side. It suddenly stopped working for me last week, while I was on vacation.

The component seems to fail while logging in and getting the list of vehicles

Do you have fingerprint security active in the Car-Net app?

Now if only the Canadian vws would support carnet.

1 Like

Hi all,

do you know if it is possible to extend this integration to Skoda’s connect service?

Thank you in advance

@robinostlund Thanks for the awesome add-on.
Here’s an image from my lovelace dashboard =)
If someone is interested i can probably share the package or if you wish to integrate it on your github page for the component…

Features:

• Cable shows up and connects when car is connected to external power.
  • Windows turn red when climatisation is on
  • Horse-shoe lights are on if parking lights are on.
  • Small red “led” blinks in windshield when car is locked
  • Long press on climatisation / window heater icon to start them.
  • Car image is replaceable and possible to customize, just download the top image when logged in on car-net on the computer.

(chargebox is an additional integration with GARO chargebox to show status/faults)

bild

bild

2 Likes

So cool. I am getting my e-Golf this week. @endor - could you share your lovelace card?

Best,Reinhard

Of course, I will extract it and add a link here tonight. :slight_smile: