Integration with Car Net VW

Hi,

i had this running on my previous GTE. I now have a MY20, I added my previous config with new VIN. ThIS was on a fresh install of HA.

Did everything the same as previously, rebooted mi Pi, and now i don’t get a frontend. Currently not at home to try a brute restart too se if it works.

I can’t understand what would be the cause of it not rebooting properly, i made a snapshot just before so I’m all good to set it back.

Back again, somehow the carnet integration “bricked” my install, i couldn’t even get to CLI to revert back to the previous snapshot.

Is this supposed to be working with We Connect, as car net is rnow called?

I felt optimistic so i did it again after a fresh install and restored from my snapshot, downloaded the files from github, pasted the info into configuration.yaml. Checked my configs, rebooted.

i bricked it again. I rebooted a couple of times before i did the integration just to make sure it wasn’t caused by something from the past.

Is this supposed to be working with We Connect, as car net is now called?

Well, it works for me. I guess you would need to check your logs in order to get some idea about why it doesn’t work for you.

I solved it, first i installed the custom component and restarterd before adding the lines in configuration.yaml.

Are others also experiencing the same issue, HA is unable to access the portal, a reboot of the system solves it. Happens to me every other day.

Is there a way to just reload the custom component and not the whole system?

2 Likes

Yes I have the same issue. As soon as I log in to the weconnect portal with another (any) browser, HA connects again without any restart. Doesnt work with a weconnect app connection though.

Having the component force a new login if it lose contact would be a good thing. Or a way to trigger a new login with automation if eg battery capacity unknown is detected. For me that is an indication contact has been lost (while debug logs still says the component is updating sensors from the car, but in fact it isnt)

1 Like

Hi,

First of all I love this integration, there is just one thing that doesn’t work for my December 2016 Passat GTE

That is:

• ‘combustion_range’,
  • ‘combined_range’,

The values are empty and I think this is basic info so I guess that the car should support it, but I might be wrong.
Can anyone with a Passat GTE of about 3 years old confirm this should be working?

Thanks,
Rien

My 2017 GTE report combustion range and combined range as well as electrical range. Do you see the combustion and combined range in te weconnect app or portal?

However, the locks and combustion heater cannot be controlled via the api on this modell. :frowning:

No, I don’t see it in the app either. But this app is so crappy that I don’t trust that.
My GTE is from December 2016

I just want to say I requested a way to tip Robin for his awesome work on the custom component, and he added it! Maybe some of you’d like to tip as well. https://www.buymeacoffee.com/robinostlund

1 Like

Hi folks! +1 vote to get this as an official integration!

I just recently got my new e-Golf and am currently testing out the custom integration by robinostlund. I read something about maxium 15 requests to VW servers between chargings (or something like that), is this still the case? My integration does not seem to update although I see in debug lug that the component is running. Every now and then, perhaps when I’ve been running my car (?) it is suddenly updated but then takes forever before next time. Or would it perhaps update more frequently when I charge it? Anything in particular I need to activate in the car (my VW app is setup and working)?

As I said, new to both VW app and this integration, so any advice on how it works is appreciated.

Thx.

I am wondering if this works with the US version of Car Net. I have tried using the same credentials I use for their web site but I have no luck. I boiled the configuration down to the bare essentials of username/password. The authentication is rejected.

The US web portal asks for a PIn when accessing the vehicle. This seems to be different than the spin used for starting the remote heating.

I did see in the code, that there is a “region” setting and tried to set it to US. I may try NA (for North America) next…

Any more advice? Does anyone have this working in the US?

I have installed the component through HACS.

Came to ask the same. It appears to default to the European site. Anyway to integrate the US version? I also noticed that there is a key for “region” (which seems to default to SV) and tried adding that key with a value of US, but still getting invalid credential errors.

I have installed the component using HACS - seemed to work.

But I get this in my logs:

2020-10-09 11:19:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of volkswagencarnet is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-10-09 11:19:33 ERROR (MainThread) [volkswagencarnet] Failed to login to carnet, Response payload is not completed
2020-10-09 11:19:33 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.volkswagencarnet] Could not login to volkswagen carnet, please check your credentials and verify that the service is working
2020-10-09 11:19:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for volkswagencarnet: Integration failed to initialize.

My username + password +spin are correctly in the config.

Mvh
Kasper

1 Like

Hi Kasper, I have the same issue on my dev container (0.116.0.dev0) but not on my production unit ( 0.115.6) which I didn’t update yet. I hope they are working to fix it, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be the same result for everyone.

See issue on github.

I downgraded aiohttp to 3.6.1 - that worked.
Seems like an issue with either aiohttp 3.6.2 or with the integrations use of it.

@Jokerigno - for skoda integration check Skoda Connect

1 Like

WOW! It sounds amazing! TY for the tip!

Hi CyberJacob, did you do something with carloop and HA?