Integration with Daikin Skyfi app (Air conditioning)

I’ve slapped together a working SkyFi version here:

https://github.com/bircoe/HomeAssistant/blob/master/climate/skyfi.py

I need to spend some more time reworking how the fan speed and mode arrays are handled but it’s currently working.

1st thing I’ve noticed is that there are different api endpoints compared to the european version.
Are you sure password is a required parameter @bircoe ?

Yes, it appears that the password is required, if you don’t provide the password or provide the correct password the server answers with “500 Bad Password”:

# curl http://192.168.1.70:2000/ac.cgi?pass=XXXXX
opmode=1&units=.&settemp=21.0&fanspeed=1&fanflags=1&acmode=8&tonact=0&toffact=0&prog=0&time=16:18&day=0&roomtemp=19&outsidetemp=18&louvre=1&zone=0&flt=0&test=0&errdata=24&sensors=1
# curl http://192.168.1.70:2000/ac.cgi
500 Bad Password

Is anyone else seeing that if you call climate.set_temperature with e.g. temperature:30 (to test), wait 4 secs (I do it in a script) and then call climate.set_fan_mode, the target temperature will revert back to what it was before?

This is my script:

heatpump_on:
alias: "Heat: Pump on"
sequence:
  - service: climate.set_operation_mode
    data:
      operation_mode: 'hot'
  - delay: '00:00:04'
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 24
  - delay: '00:00:04'
  - service: climate.set_fan_mode
    data:
      fan_mode: '3'

Thanks Bircoe. Saw the update on whirlpool. Appears to be working well. It would be nice to add the outside temp to the component, but its easy enough to pull it through curl.

Not sure if it helps, but I’ve finally updated my version on github.

Seems to be working reliably for me.

eithe,
You may want to try reversing the order you run the commands, try the fan mode before the set temp

Yeah, not sure what is wonky with my setup, whenever I call something else than set temp, it reverts the temperature to 22 which is a bit annoying (e.g. if I just want to keep the current temperature and only change the fan speed).

I´m also having the same problem, whenever I change Operation Mode, Fan Mode or Swing Mode, the Target Temperature is always automatically set to 22º, I thought this was only a problem of my setup, but now I see this is a component integration problem, can you guys verify this and fix it?
I have been testing the Daikin Component for a couple of months and I can testify, to my knowledge, that this problem was not present in older versions.

1 Like

Just to confirm, Are you guys talking about the Daikin componet in the released HomeAssistant,

or the SkyFi component by myself and bircoe?

I con’t reproduce the issues you are talking about.

Yes kabongsteve I’m talking about the Daikin component for the European versions of the Daikin AC.
the version of all my Wifi adapters is BRP069A41 made, according to the box, in the Czech Republic.
Thanks for checking this out.

@DavRebelo, check out the discussion here about it resetting to 22*C.

Hi Steve, I really appreciate the work you’ve done on this, and I’ve installed it on HA in my place. I have a couple of questions however, and was wondering if you’ve had any issues similar to mine. The target temp on my HA is always set as 0 degrees, and I can’t figure out how to change it as default. When I select a mode in HA, It sometimes turns the Daikin Skyfi/AC on, but not to the mode I selected. It just reverts to the last mode the AC was in. Is this normal behaviour? Finally, the automatic Alexa integration that HA creates works for everything but the SkyFi, do you have any idea why?

As a side note, I noticed on Whirlpool that you said that you were frustrated with the android app (I am too, its terrible on my note tablet), but I also use the iOS app on my iphone, and it is faultless. The AC responds immediately, every time, and there are never any faults or miscommunications. It also has additional functionality like displaying the outside temp at the same time as the room temp.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I really appreciate all you’ve done so far, it’s the exact solution I’ve been looking for, and I feel with a few tweaks, I could get this thing working perfectly (alas, I’m a complete novice, it took me almost a week to get HA working).

Hi Tim, sorry you’re having so much trouble. I would suggest you run Packet Capture on your Android tablet and monitor the traffic between the ios app and the skyfi, and then the same between HA and the skyfi. Perhaps in monitoring that we can see what is going on and why the issues are occurring.

Steve

OK, Ill get onto that, I’ll report back in a few days with the results. (I’m not in my house right now, the bathroom is being renovated, so no water). I really appreciate your quick reply, also you shouldn’t be apologising for anything, right now you appear to be the foremost expert in Australia on Skyfi.

I have updated the version in my GitHub to improve reliability and issues found

1 Like

You’re a legend Steve. I haven’t had chance to run a packet capture yet, but fiddling around with settings has allowed me to fix most things. The only thing I’ve got to figure out now is Alexa integration.

Glad to hear.
I use the Google home integration, and once setup the link works. Slowly though. Haven’t t tried temp but in I’d worked
I’ve also now got HA controlling the temp and schedule, as my remote thermometer doesn’t register correctly. Working reasonably well so far. Next step the zones
Enjoy

2 Likes

Registered for the forums just to say thanks Steve. Nice work. Worked straight away for my BRP15A61.

mkdir .homeassistant/custom_components/climate -p
cd  .homeassistant/custom_components/climate
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kabongsteve/HomeAssistant/master/climate/skyfi.py

edit configuration.yaml
add:
climate:
  - platform: skyfi
    host: 192.168.XX.XX
    password: XXXXX

restart service.

Done

I got it working as well with the above configs. Well done Steve.
I really need to be able to control the zones as well though.
It would be great if this was possible.

How’s this intergration working? I’m looking at getting Aircon upstairs (in au) and wondering if we got the au model working correctly.