Integration with Daikin Skyfi app (Air conditioning)

According to https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/2768285 is the Skyfi deprecated and replaced with Airbase. I’m currently working with @Borgy to see if we can get the current Daikin implementation to support the new Airbase too. If you could get Daikin units that support Airbase I’m fairly sure that the integration will work soon (it is just a matter of motivation from my side).

From what I read the airbase is for ducted systems only I also spoke with and air con guy who said the skyfi is still in use for the split system.

Do you guys who got it working have a split system or ducted?

I’ve used the Airbase with a ducted unit.
For my split Daikin, I’ve just used a Sensibo and included it into Home Assistant that way.

Thanks @davekempe I’m guessing you have a ducted system.

Before I pull the pin on $1600 worth of aircon unit can anyone else chime in that still has a split system working with the BRP072A42 Unit. I was going to go with a 2.5kw Cora series to start before I put a 9kw system in the family area.

@mynameisdaniel
@splendstrom

Yep I have ducted. If the control unit works with your system, it will behave the same with skyfi. My understanding is the controler has a few interface methods into different aircon models, but the wifi side is the same.

Thanks! Hopefully it still works!

I’m just confirming if they controller he sells is the same model

A bit late - but my BRP072A42 is working great.

I can control everything the iOS app can control, but not quite everything the remote can control (i.e. overhead mode).

Thanks!

I’ve got the aircon installed, waiting on the WiFi unit, apparently that model is for the large kW units so I’ve got a slightly different one coming here is hoping it all works the same.

Finally got the BRP072A42 unit installed this afternoon, I followed the steps above installing custom component from https://github.com/kabongsteve/HomeAssistant

Added climate into config. (found the password on the sticker of the unit - 13 digit password see photo below)

climate:
  - platform: skyfi
    host: 192.168.0.223
    password: 0503950654###

Seems to be throwing some errors, I am not sure if due to the fact that I am not using a skyfi app but the “DAIKIN Mobile Controller” ‎DAIKIN Mobile Controller on the App Store

It comes up in the front end

Log Details (WARNING)

Tue Mar 19 2019 20:42:02 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Updating skyfi climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:01:00

Log Details (WARNING)

Tue Mar 19 2019 20:39:09 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Update of climate.daikin is taking over 10 seconds

Log Details (WARNING)

Tue Mar 19 2019 20:38:50 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Query: Daikin failed /ac.cgi?pass=0503950654###: [Errno 110] Operation timed out

I grabbed the password off the side of the wifi unit

Any ideas what I am missing here?

I’m not using any custom components for my BRP072A42 , just the built in one. I don’t even think config is required at all. The password I only used initially to get the unit onto my local network.

In Homeassisntant, go Configuration > Integrations > Set up a new integration > Daikin AC

Just chuck the IP address in there. I think the component you’re using will only work with units that use the SkyFi app, not the Daikin D-Mobile (DAIKIN Mobile Controller).

1 Like

Saved the day @mynameisdaniel

Thank you!

Just removed the password field and swapped out skifi with daikin and we are up and running like a treat!

So excited.

Hi all,

Trying hard to get this to work - can you post screencaps as I don’t seem to have those same options in my HA.

Thanks

Are you saying that the Daikin AC - Home Assistant works for BRP072A42 units as well? (I thought they used the SkyFi app and a different protocol.)

There isn’t much to see - under integrations, configure Daikin AC by putting in an IP address and you’re done :slight_smile:

I am indeed, mine uses the D-Mobile (Daikin Mobile Control) app. My AC is a Daikin Zena, effectively I’ve just bought this (I didn’t buy from here, just an example).

I can confirm it works with the BRP072A42 too :smiley:

I have gone ahead and proposed a change to the help pages too confirming my model number of wifi controller and ac unit Daikin Cora Series Reverse Cycle Split System Air Conditioner (2.5kW Cooling) - AU version

1 Like

Great! I think we need to re-write the whole section of supported units as it seems that both AU and EU units using the BRP072A42 and BRP069A41 modules works fine.

I have tried to compile a list of working units but it probably would make more sense to link to respective apps so that users can recognize the app they are using and from that see that their unit should be supported. Or, perhaps it would be enough to say that the Daikin integration does not support the Skyfi protocol (and never will as it is better suited as a separate component).

Hi all,

I’ve made some modifications to Kabongsteves code as it wasnt working with my node red flows. AC mode was missing for the set state (i.e. would only turn on to previous AC mode, not a new one) and fixed the list of fan and ac modes (dry, fan_only).

All works with the new lovelace default gui.

Thanks to bircoe and kabongsteve.

Thanks for this, but am I missing something here? I’m trying to download the .py file from github, but when I click on it, I jump straight into the code? I know I downloaded Steve’s original file (and it works, just without the fixes you’ve put in).

Also I just read that they’re getting rid of the custom_components folder, is this going to cause issues?

Thanks

T

kbs hasn’t merged the request.

You can access my version here:

You are correct about the custom components. Technically it should go under custom_components/skyfi/climate.py (which is what i have done).