Integration with Haier HoN app

Today I switched my domotica system from OpenHAB to HA, mostly because of the lack of integration for Haier products that were installed a few weeks ago (1x AS50XCAHRA, 1x AS35XCAHRA, 2x AS25XCAHRA)
I now use this integration and was succesfull setting it up.
There is 1 thing I miss and that is the possibility to turn off the temperature display on the unit (or maybe I overlook it).
Is that something that can be added?

Thanks in advance

Since I’m using the add-on of @gvigroux (not the one of @Andre0512), I have to login to my hOn app on my iPhone. Has this something to do with the installation of it or has the app been changed on the iPhone in the last few months?

I need to use the iPhone app as I can turn off the wine cellar, which is impossible with the HA add-on.

As far as I know, this is not possible with both hOn add-ons.

Which one of the add on is the best to use nowadays?

The hOn servers only stores the last 5 sessions, so after requesting the access token 5 times (gvigroux integration requests it every 6 hours) you get logged out on your phone. (Workaround would be to extend the session instead, so you don’t need a new access token and not get logged out)

If you share me your device data, we can try to add the function to turn it off. Feel free to open an issue.

have you found any solution?

Is anyone working on integration of newer Haier air conditioners working with EVO app? I tried to analyze what the app does and able to login -

POST https://evo.haieronline.ru/v1/users/auth/sign-in
{
    "email": "[email protected]",
    "password": "ExamplePassword"
}

but not able to get list of devices (some requests are working though - for ex., https://evo.haieronline.ru/v1/iot/device/prov/types).

There is also WSS opened - ws://iot-platform.evo.haieronline.ru/gateway-ws-service/ws/, but I don’t understand how it works.

К сожалению решения не нашёл! Работает только через умный дом Яндекс!

Announcement: I have to take the project down in the next few days

Dear User,

We are writing to inform you that we have discovered two Home Assistant integration plug-ins developed by you ( GitHub - Andre0512/hon: Home Assistant integration for Haier hOn: support for Haier/Candy/Hoover home appliances like washing machines and air conditioners in 19 languages. and GitHub - Andre0512/pyhOn: Control hOn devices with python ) that are in violation of our terms of service. Specifically, the plug-ins are using our services in an unauthorized manner which is causing significant economic harm to our Company.
We take the protection of our intellectual property very seriously and demand that you immediately cease and desist all illegal activities related to the development and distribution of these plug-ins. We also request that you remove the plug-ins from all stores and code hosting platforms where they are currently available.
Please be advised that we will take all necessary legal action to protect our interests if you fail to comply with this notice. We reserve the right to pursue all available remedies, including but not limited to monetary damages, injunctive relief, and attorney’s fees.
We strongly urge you to take immediate action to rectify this situation and avoid any further legal action. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Haier Europe Security and Governance Department

Oh this deserves raising some noise!

1 Like

We should do not buy their products!

1 Like

fucking retarded companies. A month ago I bought a Haier tumble dryer thanks to hOn integration from Andre

I was also considering Haier for my whole house HVAC. No more.

1 Like

Those ‘plugins’ were actually the main reason I considered buying Haier, especially since I’m building a house and needed to make some major purchases. But not anymore.

I’m thinking about starting a company focused on creating hackable devices. Imagine coffee machines, washing machines, dishwashers, HVAC/recu systems, essentially anything that’s open for user customization.

*But realistically, I don’t have the resources or funds to launch such a company right now.

1 Like

Maybe you can give us the e-mail so we can write them. I don’t maybe they can release some sort of local API or real API.
It’s a shame that such great work would be obsolete.

1 Like

Would be nice to see a proper API. But anyway, for those thinking what to do, there is other solution to communicate locally with ESPhome: Haier Climate — ESPHome

I have a question.

Where the “terms of service” are described?

Or what if you don’t call directly them APIs?

https://go.he.services/tc/V1/en_GB/tc.html

For example, this:

In particular, but without limitation, you are prohibited to modify, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code or create derivative works

I really really wish this backfires on them somehow…

1 Like

Thank you for your support, I have heard many different opinions and will now seek legal advice.
I will try to post updates here: Project shutdown : can we help? · Issue #147 · Andre0512/hon · GitHub
At the moment I can’t say much about the extent to which I can enforce our rights here…

4 Likes

I dont see how this make demage to them, compare to use of hon app, you still consume bandwith on thair end, or am i missing somthing. So release local api and resolve bandwith problems if this make so much financial strain

App probably makes API calls only when it’s open while HA must poll for updates all the time.
Even if that wasn’t the case, when HA makes an API call, it does just that - it does not serve you useless ads. Or gather statistics about who-knows-what.

Haier goal is NOT making it easy and functioal for the customer. Their goal is making money. Whether they can see that they could make more money by releasing API documentation properly (like HomeConnect (Bosch, AEG) does) or at least allowing reverse engineered API to work silently (like LG ThinQ does), it’s up to them.

why is the add on from @gvigroux not marked by Haier? Or will it affect his as well?

Don’t take it down. You are not breaking the law.

Some time ago I changed update interval to 1 hour by default, and then use an automation service call ‘Update entity’ to every 30 seconds only when i’m using the Washer Dryer.

That way I reduced API call to just 24 calls per day.

I just hope they don’t change a login protocol… again.