Integration with Orbit B-Hyve Irrigation System

Hi everyone, I’m trying to add the Obit B-Hybe integration to my Home Assistant but am not seeing it when I search in the app or through the web service. Did something happen to this integration recently? I can’t find anyone else talking about having issues with installation so it must just be me, but I cant figure it out as I’ve added dozens of other integrations through the GUI without issue.

Thanks!

It’s definitely there so could just be a typo.
Try Orbit B-hyve in Settings → Devices & Integrations → Add Integration

Sorry for the typo in my post. Here’s a screenshot of my app when I search for the integration.

Thanks

I had forgotten it’s a custom component so need to set that up first.

1. Install via HACS

If you do not wish to use HACS, then please download the latest version from the releases page and proceed to Step 2.

1. Navigate to the HACS add-on
  2. Search for the Orbit B-hyve integration and install it
  3. Restart Home Assistant

2. Configure via Home Assistant

1. Navigate to Home Assistant Settings > Devices & Services
  2. Click + Add Integration
  3. Search for Orbit B-hyve
  4. Complete the guided configuration

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. Is there a step-by-step guide to installing using the .zip file from the releases page to getting to the point where I can search for the integration in home assistant?

The HACS option is not really very intuitive based on what’s on their website in terms of how I get it installed so I might as well skip the middleman and install this directly.

I am very thankful for the developers who have made it as easy as it is, but hopefully this integration will one day become part of the core home assistant software some day so that it’s easier to set up.

Just a quick observation - I recently began investigating how to configure HA to enact watering delays after my orbit failed to implement a rain delay during the massive rain storms we’ve been getting here in California. While playing around with the Rain Delay service, I found that the service call below would actually reset an existing rain delay value rather than append to it. In my case, I had previously set a manual delay via the Orbit iOS app which had yet to expire.

Is there a way to extend an existing rain delay rather than replacing the existing value when calling the enable rain delay service?

service: bhyve.enable_rain_delay
data:
  entity_id: switch.zone
  hours: 24

I created my own rain delay. I watch the current average temperature, if it had rained yesterday and how mutch or if it will rain today (rain forecast open weather map) and how much. Then I activate my rain delay or not. The delay is calculated every morning at 05:00

Maybe that’s a stupid question, but do Home Assistant needs to be accessible from the internet for the integration to work?

Without internet no communication with the bHyve platform

I do have internet access “from” Home Assistant “to” the internet. But I don’t have access “from” the internet “to” Home Assistant.
In other words, I don’t have Nabu Casa, or reverse proxy, or any other form of remote access to Home Assistant.

Then it should work

As of a couple of days ago my B-Hyve integration (which I mostly used to track the battery levels when away) has just…stopped delivering the info. I just restored an older version of my installation and where the sensor.front_spigot_battery_level used to have a little red icon saying it wasn’t present now there is nothing and my battery gauges obviously are pooched.

Does anyone know what happened? (Sorry…I’m not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I don’t see any indication of a change!)

Zone switches are working to start watering, but the switch immediately turns back off and the watering continues. I have to turn the switch on and back off to get it to stop. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I’m trying to add a new Hose Faucet Timer and I keep getting this error:

Any suggestions before I remove and re-add the b-Hyve integration? If I uncheck all the devices that string of characters I blocked out are all that remains.

WHat controller Orbit you are using and what integration you use to integrate it with Home Assistant ?

ALso tell me this integration works by local LAN or by cloud ?

Hi,

Love the integration, but it fails to setup now following the installation instructions. Here’s the log. Saw a similar log in this thread in May '22. Is this a log-in credential problem?

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled several times, as well as deleted my B-Hyve device and re-registered it.

Appreciate the help!
Thxs,
Steve

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/bhyve/init.py:124
Integration: Orbit B-hyve (documentation)
First occurred: 4:32:15 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:32:15 PM

Error setting up entry [email protected] for bhyve

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 313, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/config/custom_components/bhyve/init.py”, line 124, in async_setup_entry await
hass.config_entries.async_forward_entry_setups(entry, PLATFORMS)
AttributeError: ‘ConfigEntries’ object has no attribute ‘async_forward_entry_setups’

I have 3 XD devices all connected to the same hub and they are reporting to the integration for it seems everything except the battery level. They all show 0. I’ve reloaded the integration but they just remain at 0.

This appears to be a firmware issue at Orbit…when they updated the FW to v58…the battery info all went away (for their own app as well as for HA!). Stupid software engineers? Most people actually get N/A, not 0.

4 Likes

Thanks. Mine shows in the app but good to know it’s a known issue.

The zone switches do not work for me. The integration does see the watering but no control of the valve.

Orbit 21004 B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer with Wi-Fi Hub, latest firmware