Integration with Orbit B-Hyve Irrigation System

Thanks, I see that information now but thought the sensor state would also show ‘running’ or ‘off’ and not just ‘auto / manual’.

I have Recorder: set to 7 days inside of HA. Is there something else I need to enable for the B-Hyve? I don’t see that it was active when I manually watered.

Currently all watering is disabled as it’s not warm enough yet to turn the system on.

EDIT:

After trying again, I see the following when I manually water a zone via the App:

I’m curious as to what information it will retain once it turns off.

EDIT:

After the zone was turned off after a 10 minute timer, the zone itself shows off, but the recorder shows its still on:

The recorder needs some time to visualize the current(new) state. It’s time based. You see there 24 hours :wink:

I’ve been using the integration; thanks again for those who worked on its development. I would really like to be able to set the manual_preset_runtime in HASS. Is that something that’s possible? Also, is there a plan to actually have the Orbit integration included in a future release of HASS?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hope everyone here doesn’t mind some pretty basic questions that I cannot wrap my head around.

I installed this via HACS and had a Lovelace Entities card showing me zone, zone state, battery level and rain delay (on/off).

This is what I have in configuration.yaml

# Orbit Bhyve
bhyve:
  username: [email protected]
  password: XXXXXX

sensor:
  - platform: bhyve

binary_sensor:

switch:

With this, I get a red exclamation point in Configurator stating duplicated mapping key at line 145, column -28:
sensor:
^

Should I change the formatting of the above?

Also, not sure if related but my Entities card now shows Zone State and Battery level Smart Drip for Garden as unavailable. No clue why/when that happened.

I also can’t figure out how to get any more functionality as is mentioned in the Readme. Where do I copy/paste the code for Rain Delay Template Sensors or the Switch Template Sensors?

Thanks!

Fixed the not showing in Entities card by removing the two greyed out entities and uninstalling then reinstalling via HACS

Still, any pointers on where to copy/paste code for Sensors?

you either have sensors declared already in configuration.yaml, or you have split the config and have a sensors.yaml file… ctrl-f and search for sensors in configuration.yaml.

@sebr do you have intentions of submitting for HA core inclusion?

No current plans to do so, why do you ask?

This integration is stable and seems to work well. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be integrated as an official core components of Home Assistant. My 2 cents. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, does your integration work with the B-hyve hose faucet timer?

https://bhyve.orbitonline.com/hosefaucet/

1 Like

I’m not the developer but, yes, it does.

I use it and it works great.

1 Like

Thanks! Torn between this and rigging up something with a z-wave outlet, 110V solenoid valve and letting HA/Node-Red do all the logic.

Like the openness of the z-wave route…but the B-hyve is a nice little package.

Not sure if it’s helpful but I debated between both of those options too. I’m very pleased with how simple and sleek the setup turned out. I have a 4x1 manifold with 4 hose timers to control various zones for hanging baskets, two lawn sprinklers, and a dripper system for vegatable garden. Setup couldn’t have been easier and I’ve had zero problems with it so far this Spring. Automations are super easy and the orbit app, which is required for some functionality, is serviceable. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

I’ve had this integration working beautifully for quite awhile. I have multiple wifi hubs and hose faucet timers, all controlled by HA/Node-Red and scheduled using a calendar integration. Works flawlessly!

And if it matters, I’ve never had to touch the phone app after the equipment was installed.

2 Likes

@Sp8cemanSp1ff I’m curious if you’ve found a way to adjust the preset runtime in the HA environment. Not sure how you can get around interfacing with the app otherwise…

Ah yes, I’d forgotten that setting. Our ground is pretty sandy here, so I water in multiple short passes. I ended upsetting the default runtime up to a large number, and then my calendar integration tells Node-Red to turn it off before the app setting does. More a workaround than a solution, but it works so well I forgot it.

I love the Orbit integration! With the update to 110 though looks like you need to do some work sadly :frowning:

is it still working with warnings? or erroring completely?

Appears to be working.

1 Like