Integration with Span?

Ok note three posts above. A repro that has lost of what you wish and I expect to become the default. I’d recommend trying that version first.

Awesome, thanks, I loaded the updated repository. It has the “produced” value on each breaker which will definitely be useful to many folks.

Feature Request still stands though particularly since I have a PW3. It doesn’t attach to span via a breaker but rather through Tesla Gateway. SPAN recently started supporting PW3 so the relevant measurements are showing up in the SPAN app.

It would be great if battery stats for a battery not attached to a SPAN breaker like PW3 could be available in API.

1 Like

I have a Span, and a PW2 w/Backup-Gateway-2.

My HASS gets circuit energy/power readings from the Span, and gets PW status from the Tesla via the HASS PW Integration.

Is that a potential solution for your needs?

1 Like

Thanks. Yes that will be an excellent solution if/when the Tesla Integration is able to support PW3

So, just went through and changed the repository, and needed to set up the span panel again.

I tried to use the same auth token as before, and it was rejected. The notes said it could be reused?

Is there actually any reason to use one anymore? Or, with this new version, is the 3 door opens just as good?

Thanks for all your help with this!

The custom repository version in HACS should be 0.0.11 or greater and if so the old auth key should work the same if your HA has the same host name.

Theoretically the door auth works just as well AFAIK.

I’m in the process of building my offgrid home in the mountains. One of the requirements is that it does not depend on the cloud for anything. All services are self hosted locally (mail, dns, smart home integration, etc) in case of an outage. Connectivity to the internet is solely for remote VPN access to monitor and manage the home and property while blocking all device access from using this connection. With that said, do you feel the current state of this product is able to fully function locally under these conditions or should I look into alternative smart breaker solutions?

Officially from Span, in short no. Local access is not officially supported, but some engineers from Span advocate for local access and are active on this thread, but with all smart things take that with some wisdom that it could or may not be officially supported in the future. However…

If using the HACS integration it is possible to do so, and durable authentication is active so there is persistent connection between HA and Span. Pretty good control with integration.

If you proceed you will need to give it access to enroll the panel with Span, and if you make panel changes (breaker size change, dual pull etc) Span will need access to mothership as they are the only ones that can make these system changes (not ideal). Otherwise the panel works very well, however I am grid-tied and do not know how it operates off-grid.

2 Likes

Can someone who has permissions review and approve the change to the default HACS repository to point to the updated version? Many of us in the past and others in the future will keep running into the old Span integration.
Adds new integration [SpanPanel/Span] by cayossarian · Pull Request #2560 · hacs/default (github.com)

1 Like

@wamartei - I had this feature request and was able to implement the feature and it is live in v1.02 of @yodiyossarian’s Span org repo-- Release v1.0.2 · SpanPanel/Span · GitHub

The battery level will show as an integer to what SPAN panel sees. Weird thing is, some people with SPAN panels without the battery also get a value there but theirs stays static, whereas those with batteries see it work as expected based on actual battery percentage.

Here is a screenshot
361995431-7f7f250b-bc43-49bd-a6bc-a72d7997a825

There are still a two APIs that I am searching for and have had no luck. They would complete the full integration that SPAN has access to in the app. SPAN is pulling these values from the storage integration with Powerwall (and I assume others):

• Current grid usage (in positive or negative) (net of Solar / Battery / Home usage)
  • Current solar production

Pic below:

If anyone has access or insight to what those APIs are, I can add those to the integration. I have a feeling those probably are off of /api/v1/storage/ possibly, but haven’t had any luck guessing or taking apart the app APK or anything else.

@pavandave AFAIK the API does not expose solar so that’s why we had to work around it in the integration options to configure the solar legs, if any (see your app). The README covers those sensors. So since the current power will go negative if you are generating excess solar you can use templates to figure out the grid consumption as in this discussion.

1 Like

Is there a way to change the priority of the circuit with this integration? I have the ability to set the circuit state (on/off) but not adjust the priority. This became a huge problem for me when Helene killed my grid and internet connections. The only way I was able to finally make the change was to connect the Panel to my iPad for hotspot sharing and then eventually had enough of a signal to be able to set all circuit priorities.

It normally isn’t a problem, but being off-grid for that prolonged of a period I wanted to be able to enable certain circuits even though they weren’t normally Must Haves.

@turtle2472 The short answer is no, there is no way to control the circuit priority with this integration.

The longer answer is there is a SPAN API to do it but that API is apparently broken/disabled. You can get a list of the circuits and within that circuit list a field designates the circuit as ‘user manageable’. For a circuit that is in the ‘Always-on circuits’ list within the SPAN app those circuits come back as not user manageable when we try to invoke an API to change the priority. That behavior seems reasonable. But when we try to set another circuit priority that is marked as user-manageable an internal server error is returned.