Intel-Nuc help needed :)

Hi
Can anybody give me full manual how install Home Assistant on INTEL NUC ? And how i can create backup or backup as image SSD disk…

Intel NUC DN2820FYKH Will be ok for Home Assistant with 120GB SSD and 4GB RAM ?

I simply flashed the NUC image to the SSD with Etcher

But image hassio for NUC?

and @pepeEL i succeded by burning the image with etcher to my m2.ssd via a m2 usb dongle and now im in love with my NUC :slight_smile: Bluetooth is working :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Link to the guide i followed: Can't install Hass.io from USB on NUC?

Now i need install on SSD by USB Hass.io and then run it on rpi3+ or new rpi4. But Hassio not support boot from USB.

If you have a nuc you have to take out ssd and mount it in a USB adapter, and then via Etcher burn the image to the ssd like you do with the RPI

Anyone having issues with an error of:

IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlp2s0: link is not ready

I have updated the BIOS on my NUC6CAYH and have burned the image of HASSIO NUC 2.12 onto my SSD. I have retried this several times, but I can never get past this error no matter how long I wait. The NUC is connected via ethernet and appears on my network. Any ideas?

I have read that this is possible if you use the generic Linux install of HassIO rather than HassOS

Here is a tutorial for you :slight_smile:

Hi, Did you ever solve this ? in the same position.

So you’re getting the image with HassOS, Supervisor, and Core? Or are you installing on Debian/Ubuntu?

installed via:

With the Intel Nuc image. In the meantime got in the portal, only console is still showing

IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlp2s0: link is not ready

Now i know i can get in, does not bother me anymore if it is not an issue.

Personally, I used this (installed back in October or so), and have had great success.

Realize everyone has their own personal flavor / preference.

Yah, I use something similar to that but with debian.

what do you mean ‘console’? Do you have a monitor plugged into your nuc?

Anyways, if you have a monitor plugged it, it will never load and only show a console.

Correct it was when I connected the monitor. It looks like it is the wifi adapter which I do not use anyway. Working fine for now