Interesting touch switch lanbon l8

Prior to openHASP v0.4.0 you had to flash 4 separate bin files to different offsets of the flash.

From 0.4.0 onward we include a full binary firmware that is meant to be written to offset 0x0.
So the offset should be 0x0 instead of 0x1000:

esptool.py --chip esp32 write_flash -z 0x0 lanbon_l8_full_8MB_v0.6.2.bin

I’ll remove the old page from the docs, since it still shows up in the search results…

2 Likes

Didn’t realise there was a 0.6.2 out, I downloaded a while ago when I started this mission! I’ll get hold of that now, cheers!

I get you (just! lol) thanks very much. I assume i still need to run the erase command first?

esptool.py --chip esp32 erase_flash

It’s optional, but just to be safe I would still run it to be sure there is no lingering data from another flash attempt.

Cheers for all that, managed to get 2 units flashed with 0.6.2. :slight_smile:

I’m able to get into their settings via their ip address, have set up wifi and mqtt, installed the HASPone blueprint in HA, but when I got to set up an automation, it says No matching devices found

HA can see the plate on the integrations page, but when I click configure, it asks me to specify the JSONL file path and I have no idea what that is, I’ve not seen this in any of the tutorials, in them, the plates seem to be auto discovered.

After about 5 mins the plate then becomes unavailable and needs to be physically rebooted.
Any ideas please?

for OpenHASP you don’t use the Blueprint, instead you use a custom component: How-To - openHASP

I’m confused, in this tutorial, at 1:50 he says ‘find our blueprints and instal core functionality’, which i’ve done, then go to configuration >blueprints >HASPone core functionality> create automation
Then he says ‘this will always be the first blueprint you import’

I’ve done all that, but where his plate is auto discovered and found in the drop down menu, mine isn’t.

However, when I search my entities, I can find the following ones auto discovered and can add them to a dashboard:

There’s a warning about version compatibility between the firmware and and the custom component [that’s what’s installed using the blueprint, so that’ll be where that confusion of terminology arose - apologies again, very new to this!]

I’m using firmware 0.6.2 as advised above and blueprint 1.05.00 - is that correct?
I’m now getting this error message I haven’t seen before:

You are not using haspone, you are using openhasp.

1 Like

ok, epic fail yet again on my part :roll_eyes:

I did have HASPone core functionality installed, as per pic above, but, I’m assuming having openHASP at the same time caused a conflict? And me trying to do things in both!

I’m assuming it was openHASP that was giving me access to the entities? as they’re no longer available to me, as I’ve now been thru HA & deleted everything openHASP and HASPone, including openHASP.yaml and the !include reference to it in config.yaml

Have rebooted, then reinstalled just the HASPone core functionality.
I’ve rebooted the plate itself, but HASPone core functionality just doesn’t see it…

There’s obviously some core understanding I don’t have here, I’m a tech (sound and theatre) so not incapable, but coding etc is well out with my remit, I’m not in your league here.
So, I know I’m taking up your time , which I’m incredibly grateful for, all of you, but could you please talk to me like I’m a first year high school kid? :roll_eyes: I’m honestly going round in circles…

Thanks, yet again :slight_smile:

OK, I’ve started from scratch again, rolled back HA to an earlier point and am installing as per the instructions here:
https://openhasp.haswitchplate.com/0.6.2/integrations/home-assistant/howto/

installed the openHASP repository in HACS, the plates are flashed, wifi + mqtt are configured.
HA was updated today ( 2022.4.7), I’m using the latest repo from openHASP (0.6.5) and HASPone core functionality (0.05.00) and the latest firmware on the plates (0.6.2).

The plate is being detected in config>integrations but I’m getting an error when I try to configure it:

I’ve created a file openhasp.yaml and linked it from my configuration.yaml with
‘openhasp: !include openhasp’
Config checked and restarted.

My problem is I’m not sure what a stub is! I’ve done a lot of googling but I’m no wiser as to what to put in the yaml file.
I’ve tried adding: ‘plate_02_bath’ with and without colon, with/without indents, with/without openhasp: on the line above.
I’ve also copied in every bit of example code from the how-to, but with no luck (obviously I’ve changed their plate names to my own).

Everything I’ve tried has come back as invalid, could someone please advise what I need to add?
Thanks as always.

@nicnicol The stub means you need to add an openhasp section to the configuration.yaml file with an objects entry below each plate name. Like so:

openhasp:
  plate_my_room_1:
    objects:
      # ...
  plate_my_room_2:
    objects:
      # ...
  plate_my_room_3:
    objects:
      # ...

I don’t think this thread is the best place to troubleshoot the configuration of the custom component. Please join our Discord channel or use the openHASP thread.

Excellent thanks. Apologies I’ll join discord or the other thread and hopefully get up and running soon :slight_smile:

Hi do you happen to have Tuya firmware saved? for 3gang EU version.
I would be highly appreciated.

Apologies in advance as I have cross posted this on Discord & on the Github page as well. hoping someone here is able to assist with my newbie question on Lanbon L8 before I consider flashing custom firmware to it.

I have one relay of the Lanbon L8 (3 gang version) physically connected to a lightning circuit in my theatre room. Before I consider flashing it with custom firmware, I wanted to know if the custom firmware makes it possible to use the Lanbon in a complete detached mode - i.e seperate the switch on the HASwitchPlate firmware from the relay itself. I have a number of Shelley’s in my house which provide this option.

I would like to then use HomeAssistatant to control the relays via MQTT and use the remaining switches to trigger other scenes in my theatre room. Would be good to know before I consider flashing as I’m unable to change the wiring of the relay to the lightning circuit myself as it is not legal for me to carry out electrical works without a license.

Yes you can. You should look at openhasp.

Good day, i finally got around flashing the L8-HD with 0.6.3 and cant get it to work.
It’s an EU version and i tried this pinout, as well as using group1 for pin12 per the docs

Any guidance is much appreciated

Follow these steps:

• Set the Type to L8-HD (AU)
  • Reboot to save the new settings
  • Power off the Lanbon for at least 2 minutes
  • Try again

@fvanroie, thank you for your help.
I had to execute your instrucstions maybe 4 times and in the end it’s working. Whilst It’s an EU version, it only works with type to L8-HD (AU).

In the process of introducing the plate i think i stumbled upon a bug. You may recall you provided this bin with the mqtt restart fix; I’ve now installed on the other 24 plates I’ve got running and it’s working perfectly.

So I uploaded this same bin (full) on the dimmer plate (plate25) and no matter what i tried (restart the plate, restart HA, discovery command) the autodiscovery will not pick it up.
The only way to add it, was to install 0.6.3 and it immediately appeared.
See below plate picture.

dimmer

Thank you again.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to use homekit version directly in HA using homekit controller?

1 Like