Interlogix Ultrasync

Thank you @stefdewilde ,
However, the service is there in the integration (ha-ultrasync/custom_components/ultrasync at main · caronc/ha-ultrasync · GitHub) and i thought that it was working some how. Maybe what i want to do is not, but from what i can see, the service is there unless i am not getting something.

If so, any plans for this feature in a coming update?

Thank you

Hi, I just installed the ha-ultrasync and the layout card and it looks really nice. I only have one question (fow now at least):
The Stay function initiates the Delay of 15 seconds with the NX-595E Alarm System starting to beep before arming it. When I press the Stay function on the physical alarm panel itself it is immediately armed without beeping 15 seconds. Is it possible to adjust the code in such a way that my NX-595E does not use the Delay when pressing Stay button in Home Assistant?

Thank you for thinking along with me.

Hey Chris,

My alarm doesn’t use the beeping when I use the Stay Function. Maybe it’s something in the settings of your system itself?

When I arm with Stay it also has the delay function, but no beeping. Only when I arm it for Away it beeps.

Hi Stef, it’s really weird. There are three scenarios:

1. When I press stay on the physical panel is doesn’t do a delay, just one long beep. When armed and I walk downstairs and the system detects me, the sirene doesn’t go off immediately and the systems beeps very long to allow me to disarm.
  2. When I use the UltraConnect App and select Stay, it gives me the same long beep, no delay and the system is armed immediately. When I walk downstairs the sirene immediately goes off (very annoying)
  3. When I use the Home Assistant version to press stay it uses a delay before arming. When walking downstairs the sirene doesn’t go off, but the system allows me to disarm while producing one long beep.

So is this configuration of the alarm system? My alarm guy didn’t understand scenario #2, so I guess that scenario #3 is also new for him.

Any clues?

The only thing I can say is that the system is kinda outdated. I’ve noticed some of this issues like your describe aswell.

By exampe: when I arm the house on Away with the physical panel I don’t get a notification. If I do it through the UltraSync App I get one. Through HA is also don’t get a notification.

Only on Stay I get notifcations from the app, otherwise I don’t. So my house is always on stay :wink:

I don’t bother to explain to my alarm guy. They don’t know anything about HA or Google Home.

Hello, I have the same alarm system as you. Did you find a solution ?
Original message

thank you
Thibaut

Hi there,

Love this integration.
Via a helper i made a notification for when the alarm is active, like if one of the sensors is in state ‘Burglar Alarm’ then set the alarm, if none, then reset.

Im wondering, is there an easyer way to do this? Like via the area state?

Thanks.

Hello guys, has anyone had success with getting the add-on to work while out of programming mode? I have read through a lot of forum posts and only @nerdinary so far has managed to get around it by using reverse proxy which was undocumented.

I appreciate any support with this.

Im not sure if i understand correctly, but i never needed to get my NX8 system in programming mode for this add-on to work (just to setup a user for home assistant).

Hello @jhummel , according to the previous posts the newer firmwares on the alarm systems have disabled web access while out of programming mode which in turn renders the add-on unavailable. There are so far 2 ways that I know of to still interact with the panel which is through the keypad or through the Ultrasync app (which is very slow to respond to input).

Hello,

It was a change due to home assistant deprecating device_state_attributes and replacing it with extra_state_attributes. If you have been using an up to date version of home assistant its probably unrelated to your problem.

The change.

Home Assistant docs.

Hello,

Does the integration work for Output Control within the Hills Comnav? I have a on and off switch that operates my garage door in the Ultraconnect app with the Hills Comnav. I have connected the alarm system to my Home Assistant and all the sensors and arming and disarming work great. I’m just wondering if there is a way to operate this Output Control switch with Home Assistant that way I can control my garage door.

Thank You.

As far as I know, it doesn’t.

Maybe @l2g can take a look at it?

Hello everybody!

Today I was adding some automations to my home assistant with triggers from the PIR sensors of my alarm panel. Lowest update interval for the ultrasync component is 1 second. I tried to set that lower (100ms or something) and couldn’t. Then I set it at 0 seconds and my automations are triggered super fast. Will this setting hurt anything in my system? What really 0 means? As far I can understand the code the component sends another query to the alarm panel as soon as it has a reply of the previous query. I have checked home assistant cpu load and nothing strange is happening but I don’t know how much this is stressing everything else. Any ideas? Do you thing it would be a good idea to change the interval setting from seconds to milliseconds in the component?

Thanks!

Maybe 0 keeps you logged in? No idea. Maybe @l2g can explain this.

Also, I think if you stay logged in, it slows down other logins (like if you enter it through the ultrasync app)

Yes you are right. Ultrasync android app cannot connect to the panel after setting the interval to 0.

I can say with certainty there is no session with the plugin I wrote, so i’m not exactly sure what happens when you set it to zero. If it’s instant as you describe, i would think you’re thrashing and making an massive amount of requests against your alarm panel (for such a live response as you describe it).

I would set it to 1 (second), as this is what the internal web page refreshes with (on the panel itself) if you log into it’s web page (or at least mine does). Remember, that it’s your home security; just because the alarm panel comes with a small very primitive web interface, you shouldn’t abuse it; technically speaking you could cause a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on your own alarm system. You don’t want to be in a state where there is more resources being used on your alarm panel just to satisfy your home assistant status vs the actions it takes on the security of your home.

2 Likes

For anyone that might need to experiment with less than 1 second update interval, I have created a fork that uses milliseconds to set the update here.

Has anyone found a solution for the addition on the WebAccess Passcode in the Intelogix ComNav system? You now need both the users Pin and a Web Access passcode to access the system

Hey Chrisnl,

Did you ever figure this out? Mine is now doing this too. (Option 3)

George.