Interlogix Ultrasync

I did manage to get it working, however, it’s not that simple as a reverse proxy. (I would like to see that working :))

I had to make Home Assistant to connect directly to the UltraSync Cloud server. The challenge here is that the mobile app, and other devices use a signature to make requests to the cloud server. That makes the solution a bit more complicated, but not impossible :slight_smile:

It’s possible to arm, disarm the system, and you can see the zone states, but there is a lag. I am pulling the data every 30 seconds or so you won’t see real time zone updates.

1 Like

I think we both reverse engineered the same solution.

I changed the data to poll every second, so it’s effectively real-time.

hello, did you find a solution?
Thanks

Unfortunately not. I haven’t had much time to do any research on the this. Fingers crossed someone has a solution soon

I am in contact with GP Carrier Global Product Security and once they are happy with it, I will publish my solution.

1 Like

Thank you. Looking forward to the update

Hi, I have UltraSync for my alarm with the NX-595E comm module connected to ethernet, monitored by my alarm company, but I have not connected it to HA. New to HA. Is it possible program a switch to create a panic button that would trigger the alarm? Also, should I wait for the update before trying to integrate UltraSync to HA. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Does anyone has more information how to make an integration with an ATS1500A security system?

@l2g @mver @Thibautmarchal Did you get it worked?

Thank you!

Here is my solution to connect my ComNav / Interlogix Ultrasync with Home Assistant, rocking the new firmware that disabled local access.

If anyone is willing to make PRs to the Home Assistant integration I can help describe the logic and what needs to be done.

@nerdinary that’s how I connected my ComNav module to HA ^

Anyone else has the issue of Ultrasync zone sensors being removed / not readable after updating to core 2024.3.0?

2 Likes

Yes, now you mention it. It’s not providing the sensors.

1 Like

@l2g
Chris, you are summoned to fix this problem :wink:

1 Like

Experiencing missing sensors too since 2024.3.0

There isn’t a straight answer i can give any of you at the moment unfortunately. My real job sucks the life out of me so i get very few hours to code for pleasure anymore. I’m also bad for not updating my HA (so i don’t suffer from the problem you guys have). Embarrassingly enough, i’m running version 2021.5.5 because I didn’t want to take the plunge to convert all of my Z-Wave Stuff over to the new MQTT solution (which i know i great once it’s setup - i realize this). Not saying this is the solution, but for now i would advise all of you to hold back upgrading unless there is a new HA enhancement you really need. Most are just security updates and new adaptions (unless you paying for the cloud service, there isn’t a lot of gain in keeping 100% up to date at all times).

But back to the point; At this stage I would welcome a PR from others. Or even advice to what you belive has changed? Sometimes things like this just amount to a function being renamed, or an additional async reference that wasn’t there previously (and then everything works beautifully again). The issue may not be as big as one might think.

Just due to my limited time i get programming these days: Please help me help you :slight_smile: :pray:

Update: New version (v1.0.7) of HA-Ultrasync pushed thanks to chatziko

p.s. You all just gave me another reason not to upgrade from 2021.5.5 :wink:

1 Like

I have an Interlogix Zerowire alarm panel that is continually reporting a “Control Communication Failure”. Is there any way of completely disabling the phone-home features?

Screenshot 2024-03-29 08.33.11

I had a similar message on my panel which also caused an annoying keypad beep once a week. I managed to get rid of it after some digging, hugely satisfying moment :smiley:

But my panel is xGen8 and the message was “Internet trouble”, so not sure if it’s the same.

Try the following (needless to say, at your own risk, your panel might be different than mine):

1. Restore internet access and wait a bit to initially make the error dissapear (I found no better way).
  2. In the web interface, under Settings / Network:
    • Set web access passcode to 00000000
    • Uncheck “enable ultrasync”
  3. Under Settings / Channels, make sure no channel has “Format” set to “Email” or “Ultrasync” (I changed mine to “Use as backup”).
  4. Cut internet access again, now the panel should not try to phone home so you shouldn’t get an error.
2 Likes

That did the trick! Thank you so much :smiley: you’re a rockstar

1 Like

The ha-ultrasync integration has no built-in way to remotely trigger the alarm, since the ultrasync web interface does not offer such functionality.

However there is a hacky solution to do a “remote trigger”: create a zone that is “Not Ready” and always bypassed. Unbypassing this zone when the panel is armed causes the alarm to trigger!

Note that, in my case, I only wanted to trigger the alarm remotely when armed. This was achieved as follows:

1. I have an unused zone (say zone 16) which is not connected to anything, and was initially disabled. In Settings / Zones, I changed its type to “11 Instant Auto-bypass”. This causes the zone to always be “Not Ready” (since it’s not connected to anything).

2. For my “remote trigger” to work I need to manually bypass the zone. So I setup an automation which turns zone bypass immediately on for that zone when the panel is disarmed (and bypasses are reset).

3. When the panel is later armed, the zone remains manually bypassed. Since the zone is always “Not Ready”, I just need to remotely unbypass the zone and the alarm will be triggered!

PS1. I use auto-bypass so that the zone is bypassed automatically even if my automation fails to work, to ensure that I can always arm the alarm. But auto-bypass is not enough for the “remote trigger” functionality, cause it seems that you cannot unbypass an auto-bypassed zone.

PS2. If you want a 24-hour panic button to trigger the alarm even when not armed, you can probably do it the same way with a zone of type “day zone” or something.

Im confused about the outputs. Are the relay’s on the panel supposed to be the outputs that are loaded in like the areas and zones?

\Devices\System Devices\Relay Expanders\Expander Number\Program Relays\Relay Number: