Interlogix Ultrasync

Hey Chris, Thanks for this. I’ve installed Ultrasync got it working (ready/not ready etc). However, I cant get the integration linked into HA. I’ve created a docker container, but how do I install the Ultrasync application within HA. It’s not under integrations for me?

Edit: Ultrasync is not on the same device as Home Assistant. Does this matter? Just spun up Home Assistant for the first time, for your integration. I intend to send the data to Node Red from Home Assistant.

Edit2: seem to have it sorted. Not an easy task for a newb to HomeAssistant. HACS instructions were not easy to find, and not knowing what to search for made it harder. Good integration, thanks!

1 Like

Hello!

I think you are right…
@l2g It’s a great idea to add the link for the HACS integration to the github!

Happy you were able to figure it out!

Is this right? I seem to have armed, disarmed and stay all active at the same time. Obviously I dont, but I’m trying to create automations for when the alarm is armed etc.

Where do you see this?
You should use this entity to read what state it is.
sensor.ultrasync_area1state

There are several states this sensor can have:

Ready (The alarm is ready to be armed)
Not ready (The alarm is not ready to be armed)
Armed Stay (The alarm is Armed Stay)
Armed Away (see above but away)
Exit Delay 1 (The moment you have time to leave the house before the alarm is armed)
Burglar Alarm (bad people in the house)

I don’t have an example of my automations because I use Node-Red for my automations. I have one that when my alarm is armed stay my ventilation system goes on a lower mode by example.

1 Like

Got it up and running way easier than expected. I also have the Ultrasync IP Camera and Doorbell. Are there any plans to support those in the future?

1 Like

@devonxscott I’ve never seen/had the doorbell. If there is plans to add support for it, unfortunately it would probably be a different thread/topic entirely then the security panel hub discussed here.

if the doorbell support the RTSP protocol or has it’s own web page associated with it that you can access, then the possibility to add support gets a whole lot easier for whoever takes the task on! :slight_smile:

After having to reinstall my Pi I’m trying to add this integration again. I’ve added the ultrasync-directory to config/custom_components and restarting my Pi it doesn’t show up in the list Configuration > Integrations > Add Integration. Whats up with my Pi or the integration?

hey man!

You should install the integration with the use of HACS.

More info through this link:

Works better and if there is an update, you can update it through HACS.

1 Like

Hi Chris, Nice to see you again.

My Alarm provider changed the device 2 times because it hangs ramdonly, and finally I have and Interlogics NX-596. I can’t find ultrasync addon on HACs, is this addon discontinued?

Hey Gengt,

Maybe delete your cache from your browser? I can find the addon in HACS integration.

Can anyone give me a pointer in how to create an automation when the alarm is raised (aka is going off)? I would like to be notified, by text or just notifications (with notify.notify).

should be something like this:

- id: '1626760207315'
  alias: test
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.ultrasync_area1state
    to: 'Burglar Alarm'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: notify.notify
    data:
  mode: single

I didn’t test this, but I think it should be a push in the right direction.
Can you give feedback if possible?

1 Like

Confirmed! Thanks thats it!

Okay! You can do the same with the fire alarm:

- platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.ultrasync_area1state
    to: 'Fire Alarm'

Thank you for all the work for this addon.

I’ve recently installed a NX-596E on my alarm and would like to integrate it with my HA setup - I’ve installed HACS and while trying to install the module, I get the following error:

Failed to authenticate to 192.168.xx.xx (the IP of my NX-596E).

I tried to troubleshoot with manually editing the ultrasync.conf, but while I use proper IP and credentials (I know they’re the correct because I’m getting logged out of my web session on the NX when I run the debug command) I’m still getting the “failed to authenticate error”. - I’m aware about the extra user that is convenient to have for this, but i’m testing with an existing user for checking this out for now.

Additionally if I use a wrong user/password I get another error “Failed to query 192.168.xx.xx” so I know something changes when using the above correct creds.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi @statica; You’re not the only one with that problem. :frowning:

There seems to be a new Ultrasync Model I don’t quite support yet. I’ve heard from some people that this branch can see their sensors, but they aren’t updating properly (so i need to revisit it).

You could try checking that branch out (instructions are present if you follow link) and let me know how the manual command works from the CLI.

Hi @l2g

Thank you for your insight on the matter, but unfortunately even though I followed step.2 " Use pip if you already have Python (v3) installed on your pc:" to overwrite the existing installation I still get the same behavior when running the manual command.

Wauw Fire Alarm should that be a different Alarm than the Burglar one?

Is it also possible to trigger the alarm from Home Assistant? Looking to create an automation to trigger the alarm when my door sensor state changes to open when we are asleep…

Fire Alarm and Buglar Alarm are different states that the sensor.ultrasync_area1state has. Just like it can be Ready and Not ready (if a sensor picked up movement or not)

About the door sensor, it’s a sensor you use yourself? Not in the Ultrasync setup you have? I don’t know if that is possible. I’ll have look maybe tomorrow or sunday if I can recreate this.

Thanks for clearifying!

In my Hass setup I have some aqara door sensors. I want to create an automation to sound the Ultrasync sirene when the doorsensor is opened after a certain time. I know how to write the automation in Hass. I’m just wondering if it is possible to trigger the Ultrasync sirene from Hass. Haven’t seen any services in developer tools of Hass, but maybe you know a way or workaround?