IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

I don’t think we’re far away (although would love some help from a more experienced Python developer) from getting it incorporated into Home Assistant, just need to refactor the way it communicates with the pyIntesishome library.

I’m not familiar with HassIO - but this may not be required if it is merged into Home Assistant as a platform?

@tinglis1 has updated the Intesisbox code, you could try pointing that at an airconwithme device

From what I can tell the airconwithme is a branch of intesishome. The brochure linked below talks about oem use of airconwithme intesishome devices.
https://www.ivoryegg.com.au/system/spree/downloadable_resources/documents/000/000/293/original/Brochure_IntesisHome_2018_xpag.pdf?1527539883

1 Like

Ah! Is your component set up to work with a Linux install of home assistant?

Maybe I’ll just be patient and wait a bit for a hassio integration then.

Just have to keep doing it tough and use the remote for now :stuck_out_tongue:

I added it to my hassio installation and add the climate part with my config, but there is dont popup any climate entity, My log doesn’t also show any part of the intensis component.

@Cinamon - sorry yeah you’re right, I realise while the commands are the same as IntesisBox, it needs to be sent over HTTP instead of TCP, so it would need some changes made to Intesisbox code.
As we’re already mixing talking about IntesisBox and IntesisHome in this thread, can we please move all future discussion of Airconwithme to Climate Airconwithme :slight_smile:

@Cinamon I’ve just posted something to try at Climate Airconwithme

Did you resolve this?

I am receiving the same error.

Hi @jnimmo,
When HA is running, there is this error:

\intesishome\ __init__.py”,line 7
<!DOCTYPE html >
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I downloaded the files from your link, updated to 30th July
The yaml file is verified.

HA: 0.99.3
With windows 10

Thank you so much!!!
Vanna

Any update on your pull request?

No update. I tried some variations but always the same. :pensive:

Hi,
I have updated today to 0.100.2 and intesisHome stop working
I’m getting this error:

## Log Details (ERROR)

Mon Oct 21 2019 12:09:30 GMT+0100 (Western European Summer Time)

<class 'KeyError'> Exception. (5,) / 5

Anyone with the same problem?

My IntesisHome also stopped working after an update to .100.2. This is what I am getting.

Platform error: climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 778, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 232, in get_platform
    f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}"
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/intesishome/climate.py", line 16, in <module>
    from homeassistant.components.climate.const import (ATTR_OPERATION_MODE,
ImportError: cannot import name 'ATTR_OPERATION_MODE' from 'homeassistant.components.climate.const' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/const.p

Hi @jnimmo do you still maintain/update this project?

In my spare time, I’ll try and look into it in the next couple of days!

Looks like you’ve got an older version of the custom component, please try downloading from https://github.com/jnimmo/home-assistant/tree/dev/homeassistant/components/intesishome

Hi all, looking for a couple of people to test new version of pyintesishome for me, I just would like configuration info for devices with the following characteristics:

1. A device which supports temperature increments of 0.5 degrees
  2. Device which supports temperature increments of 1 degree
  3. Device with low, medium high, auto fan speeds
  4. Device with quiet, low, medium high, auto fan speeds
  5. Device with horizontal and or vertical swing control
  6. A device which only has a subset of the operating modes Auto/Heat/Cool/Dry/Fan Only
  7. An AIrconwithme device

If you can help, please download https://github.com/jnimmo/pyIntesisHome/raw/master/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py and run it with the following command:

python3 pyintesishome.py --user USERNAME --password PASSWORD (–device airconwithme)

I’m keen to see the first devices JSON blob with the UIDs by PM (please strip out the token and pushToken).

Thanks very much

P.S Hopefully it will now meet the requirements to be able to incorporate into IntesisHome, just wanting to get fan speed and temperature precision right before publishing a pyintesishome update.

i have send you a PM.

1 Like

I used the latest climate.py component with the resulting error:

Tue Oct 29 2019 12:43:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Error while setting up platform intesishome
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/config/custom_components/intesishome/climate.py", line 81, in async_setup_platform
    from pyintesishome import IntesisHome
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyintesishome'

Hey is anyone with an Intesis Home unit able to tell us if there’s a local open port, like the Intesis Box has? I’m in the market for a new multi-split system and want a local API (no cloud) and use @jnimmo’s solution (I’ll try and help too), however if that’s available on the Intesis Home units then I wouldn’t be locking out any future ‘normal’ buyer who won’t have all the automation etc.