IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

just had a MHI ducted system install and got the Intensishome wifi add on.

Works perfect with the official component, using the climate lovelace card and many automations with NodeRed.

Just keep the Intensisbox cool, it shuts down over 40c

I’ve recently noticed (circa 106 build) that my install is constantly losing state with the intesis cloud (showing on when off, and vice versa). Anyone else experiencing this? Going to enable some debugging and take a look.

I’ve recently started using this, but my internet is a bit flakey and if it drops out I lose connection until I restart Home Assistant.
Is there some way to reconnect without completely restarting ?

this is happening to me as well, at least a few times a day - any solution here?

I haven’t been experiencing any of these issues, and if my internet goes down it reconnects without any action from me.

Still awaiting a response from the component owner.

Hi James,
I upgraded to 0.109 but the tempertaure sensor and the power consumption (heta-cool) in the climate entity don’t exist anymore.
This is the state of the entity:

Copy to clipboard

Entity
climate.fois_home_new

State
unavailable
State attributes (YAML, optional)

restored: true
hvac_modes:
  - heat
  - cool
  - heat_cool
  - 'off'
max_temp: null
min_temp: null
preset_modes:
  - eco
  - comfort
  - boost
target_temp_step: 1
supported_features: 16
friendly_name: FOIS HOME NEW
icon: 'mdi:white-balance-sunny'
​

Before upgrading, the state of the entity was:

Copy to clipboard

hvac_modes:
  - heat
  - cool
  - heat_cool
  - 'off'
min_temp: null
max_temp: null
target_temp_step: 1
preset_modes:
  - eco
  - comfort
  - boost
current_temperature: null
preset_mode: comfort
outdoor_temp: 23
power_consumption_heat_kw: 1865.6
power_consumption_cool_kw: 1168.9
friendly_name: FOIS HOME NEW
supported_features: 16

At the moment, I restored the snapshot with the 108.9 release.
Have you any idea about it?
Thanks a lot

Vanna

Hey Vanna, sorry I can’t see what is going on there. I’ve looked back through the Git history and can’t see any changes which would affect that. Did you see any error messages logged?

1 Like

Hi @jnimmo
This is the log with the 0.110.3:

2020-05-27 17:21:16 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up intesishome platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 178, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 119, in async_setup_platform
    for ih_device_id, device in ih_devices.items()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 119, in <listcomp>
    for ih_device_id, device in ih_devices.items()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 188, in __init__
    modes = controller.get_mode_list(ih_device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py", line 647, in get_mode_list
    if config_mode_map & mode_bit:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Hi every one…
I’m on Home Assistant core ( raspberry pi3 raspbian os ).
I’m try to integrate my clima component.
add on /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml
climate:

• platform: intesishome
    username: xxxxxxx
    password: xxxxxxxx
    device: airconwithme

I can see my clima entity and the value share are corrects.
But I not able to send command, I can turn switch on / off or set any temperature.
Any one can help me ?
Thanks in advance

Hi @jnimmo any update on this? I added a comment on GitHub with logs as well - it seems that (but not sure) that if any of the devices don’t respond once, then the module stops working completely until restart.
was hoping to see this in 112, but didn’t get in, do you have a beta fix for this?

Hello everybody,

How can I make a device out of the Air Conditioner? I have added the bellow config and I can control the unit but only through the entries and change the settings of the entry.

http://:8123/config/entities

|arch |x86_64|
|---|---|
|chassis |vm|
|dev |false|
|docker |true|
|docker_version |19.03.11|
|hassio |true|
|host_os |HassOS 4.12|
|installation_type |Home Assistant OS|
|os_name |Linux|
|os_version |5.4.56|
|python_version |3.8.3|
|supervisor |235|
|timezone |Europe/Amsterdam|
|version |0.114.3|
|virtualenv |false|
# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

logger:
  logs:
    pyintesishome: debug

climate:
  - platform: intesishome
    username: <snip>
    password: <snip>
    device: airconwithme

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

First, thank you for this component @jnimmo - I can happily report it was super easy to install and worked first go!

I’m wondering if there is a way to switch out the inbuilt intensis temperature sensor for another one (i.e. a multisensor) in the climate entity.

The current temperature usually comes from the unit return supply (I have an MHI) or unit hardwire remote (ours is in the rumpus). That means if you have a ducted system and want the thermostat operating on the climate entity to turn on/off the unit at a target temperature in the coldest or most used room (ours is the living room) you presently need to build a bespoke grouped entity and functions to use the (living room) temperature sensor rather than use the built-in HA thermostat.

If there was a way to override / replace the Intensis inbuilt (MHI) temperature sensor (climate.HVAC_current_temperature) then you could set up a thermostat for the primary ducted zone the heat is being directed to, rather than where the unit / remote is. Or possibly you could set up multiple thermostats for each zones?

Am I missing something here? Is there a simple way of doing this without creating a custom entity?

Ta.

No simple way to do this, you would need to create you own climate control schedule/automation

little nervous about this change in service the “nothing will change” always worries me… https://www.intesis.com/support/ac-cloud-control-for-users

Thanks @dubsix … I struggled to find a way but couldn’t and have set up my own on/off switch with a generic thermostat - I’m just worried about the impact of constantly turning the unit on/off without transitioning to fan etc - I had hoped that .climate might be object oriented etc.

Yes, I received that as well and wondered the same, but it looks like it just a new web CMS overlay - and they appear to still be dedicated to IFTTTT at the very least

1 Like

Hi All, I am looking to purchase this Intensis Toshiba VRF and Digital systems to WiFi (ASCII) interface and wondering if it would be compatible with this component in HA? I’m new to the Intensis ecosystem and this thread mentions Intensis / Intensis box and I’m not sure what category this falls into. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Likely the same ASCII interface as the IntesisBox, don’t see why they would change it when they have one that integrators are already using

Are the issues resolved now? I didn’t check the release notes to see when my last changes were merged