IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

Thanks for the quick reply mate. So following this logic this wouldn’t work with IntensisHome integration correct? According to the integration page:

Note: IntesisHome products are a separate product line to IntesisBox. This platform does not support IntesisBox devices (which can be controlled locally using the WMP protocol).

So if this is true, is there a way to have HA control it via the WMP protocol? Sorry for my ignorance here!

Edit: Sorry, just found this https://github.com/jnimmo/hass-intesisbox . I’m guessing this is the correct component?

@jnimmo
Hi
I’m equipped with a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry PAC and just received my Intesisbox IR wifi external module to control it. The modules is configured and communicate properly with the Split
I tried to integrate your Intesisbox (not the intesishome) by copying your 5 Githib files (from https://github.com/jnimmo/hass-intesisbox). I added then the lines below to my configuration.yaml file :

climate:

• platform: intesisbox
    host: 192.168.0.39

I tried then to Restart HA and press the “Check configuration” button first, but no way… The system is turning and turning and is not capable to validate my configuration and I cannot restart HA so (screenshot below)

Any idea how to fix this ?
For your information my HA version is : 0.116.4

Thanks

Hi @jnimmo

Can you help with this. I am trying to setup the IntesisHome integration, but when I add the following to my config:

climate:

• platform: IntesisHome
    username: xxxxxxxxxxx
    password: xxxxxxxxxxx

my configuration validation wheel just keeps spinning and I can’t restart HA (unless I remove the above form the config).

this is the error I get:
Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py”, line 418, in start
resp = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/web_app.py”, line 458, in _handle
resp = await handler(request)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/web_middlewares.py”, line 119, in impl
return await handler(request)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/request_context.py”, line 18, in request_context_middleware
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/ban.py”, line 72, in ban_middleware
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/auth.py”, line 127, in auth_middleware
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/view.py”, line 129, in handle
result = await result
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/config/core.py”, line 29, in post
errors = await async_check_ha_config_file(request.app[“hass”])
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py”, line 865, in async_check_ha_config_file
res = await check_config.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py”, line 161, in async_check_ha_config_file
p_integration = await async_get_integration_with_requirements(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py”, line 75, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
await async_process_requirements(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py”, line 122, in async_process_requirements
if pkg_util.is_installed(req):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/package.py”, line 54, in is_installed
return version(req.project_name) in req
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/metadata.py”, line 531, in version
return distribution(distribution_name).version
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/metadata.py”, line 236, in version
return self.metadata[‘Version’]
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/metadata.py”, line 224, in metadata
self.read_text(‘METADATA’)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/metadata.py”, line 491, in read_text
return self._path.joinpath(filename).read_text(encoding=‘utf-8’)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/pathlib.py”, line 1233, in read_text
return f.read()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/codecs.py”, line 322, in decode
(result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)

Please help.

B.

I think its much better, haven’t had any issues yet. Will update if I do. Thanks!

I’m sure I’m making some sort of rookie error here, but I have configured things in my configuration.yaml as per the instructions:

- platform: intesishome
  username: <<myusername>>
  password: <<mypassword>>

but when I run HASS in verbose mode to see what is going on, I get the error:

2020-11-12 12:22:50 ERROR (MainThread) [pyintesishome] Error from API 'WRONG_USERNAME_PASSWORD'
2020-11-12 12:22:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.intesishome.climate] Invalid username or password

I changed to a simple password, I’ve tried putting it directly inline in the config (rather than in secrets.yaml), tried the username and the email address - nothing seems to work. When I log in to intesishome.com with the same credentials, or into the app, no problems.

Any assistance greatly received!

Weird. Tried to log in directly to https://accloud.intesis.com and it wouldn’t work. So I reset my password and it did.

So strange.

Hi All, Is anyone else getting the following error? I’ve been trying since July.

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 179, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/tasks.py", line 483, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 117, in async_setup_platform
    [
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 118, in <listcomp>
    IntesisAC(ih_device_id, device, controller)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 179, in __init__
    self._fan_modes = controller.get_fan_speed_list(ih_device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py", line 705, in get_fan_speed_list
    return list(config_fan_map.values())
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'values'

after version 0.116.4 it crashes for about 8 hours having to restart homeasinta to get it working again

Can anybody confirm that the IntesisHome integration works with 2020.12.1 version?

I am having a hard time trying to get it work.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 199, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 117, in async_setup_platform
    [
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 118, in <listcomp>
    IntesisAC(ih_device_id, device, controller)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 179, in __init__
    self._fan_modes = controller.get_fan_speed_list(ih_device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py", line 705, in get_fan_speed_list
    return list(config_fan_map.values())
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'values'

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

107 / 5000

It works but badly, every 8 hours it disconnects and you have to restart home assistant to make it work again

Hi drocha010. Do you have it as a custom component? Or it is the embedded version in that comes with HA?
Would you mind to share it?
I still get errors when I try to set it as a custom components.

Unfortunately I currently don’t really have an environment where I can leave it running for 8 hours to reproduce the disconnection issue, I’ve simulated it in different scenarios and it should back off and reconnect, if it’s not I’ll need to see the logging at the time of disconnection.

Regarding the other type for the config fan map, do your devices support fan speed control? Looks to be a scenario the logic in pyIntesisHome’s handling of fan speeds is failing.

Hi jnimmo, yes, it supports fan speed control. There are 6 speeds available, and it seems that pyIntesisHome is configured to handle a maximum of 5 speeds.
What I did, and it worked, was to modify in IntesisHome control website the number of available speeds for fan control. I set it to 5 and magic happened.

So, thanks for pointing me out the fan issue.

I will observe it these days and check if there is any disconnection every 8h as drocha010 says.

Have you ever thought to make it work connected to the local Intesishome web server and not the cloud? (My goal is to avoid any manufacturer cloud and connect as much as I can locally.)
Here is a screen capture showing my local webserver UI.

1 Like

Good evening, I have it configured with custom component.
Attached image where you can see the cuts produced.

It does not update the temperature status and when you modify an order, the set temperature remains as unavailable and after 15 minutes it will work again until approximately 8 hours.

That’s really interesting, last time I owned an IntesisHome device it had no local control available - do you know if this functionality has been added to all IntesisHome devices? That would be preferable to cloud control any day.

I have asked IntesisHome support about local control and new devices. I will reply as soon as they answer me.
I can PM you the details to connect to my local web server, in case you are interested to see how it works.
Drocha010, could you please confirm what device model you have and if it has local access? (default user pass should be admin/admin; not related to your Intesishome cloud user or password).

my model device is INWFIMHI001R000, for mitsubishi heavy industries. I dont try to local acces.

Can you explain how to do it =

There are many ways to find out.

1. Access your router at 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. user and pass should be on a sticker on the back of the router (or try admin/admin… or simply put on google your router model + default user password). once you are in, look for connected devices. In case there is no intesis name there, take all the ip’s you see there and try to access them in your browser.
  2. Use IP Scanner (for PC) - there used to be a portable version so you don’t have to install it. Then scan your network and try all the IP’s you see there in your browser.
  3. Install a mobile app like fing. Scan your network and then try all the IP’s you see there in your browser.
    In case you see the intesis interface, try to enter with admin/admin.

Locating the IP is not a problem. To access the inthesis interface, when putting the ip in the browser, it does not access or give the possibility to put user or pass.

My assigned IP is 192.168.2.215 but do I have to access with a specific port?

Ooh, sorry. In that case, I am afraid that yours doesn’t have local web server. Port should be 80.

jnimmo, Intesis support doesn’t want to disclose that information. They say the product is intended to be used via cloud. Not locally. For that, they sell another product. :grimacing:

So, in case you want to take a look inside, I can give you access to my local web server. Just let me know.