IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

It won’t let me access from port 80
How would I have access to your web server?

PS: I have downgrade to version 0.118.5 and the operation of intesishome is perfect

Hi drocha010, maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my previous post. I was offering the local access to jnimmo, He is the developer of this integration. It may help him in case he wants to use it in the integration.
But why would you want access to my air conditioning?

Otherwise, I am happy that you have found a solution. If it works, don’t ruin it updating, they say.

jnnimmo, Intesis support’s last answer: “The Web server is not intended for this. So the usage is on your own risk and will not be further supported.”
They don’t want us to play with it too much. But anyways, if you decide to work on that, you can count with my help to test and access the local web server.

Hi, new HA user and got all my airconditioners working with HA. One of the AC units is a Mitsubishi GE35VA and controlled by IntesisHome (AC cloud now). Everything seems to work, but one thing that I would like to change is the default “on” state of the HVAC mode. If I turn the Intesis controlled unit on with Google Home (climate device from HA, don’t use the AC Cloud integration) the default HVAC mode is “auto”. I would like it to be the last HVAC mode which it was when it was turned off.

Off course you could say: “turn on the heating” or “turn on the cooling” and when you are in the specific room with the Intesishome, that works. And will turn on the heating and cooling mode respectively.

But! :slight_smile:

If I am in an other room and say: "Heat up the “room name with the Intesishome” it will also switch on with the auto HVAC mode.

Ideally I want to use the command “turn on airconditioning” command, this is also how my Daikin unit are working. They use the Daikin wifi controller with the Daikin HA integration.

I think this behaviour is controlled by Home Assistant Core - not something we can specify in this integration sorry :slight_smile:

I have an older Fujitsu ducted HVAC that I’m looking to connect to home assistant. Both the INWMPFGL001R000 (cloud based) and INWFIFGL001R000 (wmp based) are compatible with my unit.

It seems like both are supported but I was hoping for some advice as to which route is preferable?

Thanks
Steve

1 Like

I second this. I’ve got two units that both have local webservers, and the cloud polling seems to be super flaky.

@jnimmo - did you get anywhere with a local push component?

@rklomp has done an awesome job of adding support for it in the pyIntesishome library.
I spent last weekend merging in the hass-Intesisbox component also, so hoping in the next few weeks to have an update. You could use his patch in the meantime though with the current release of pyintesishome.
Also have config flow up and running for setup, however need to write some unit tests to be able to submit a PR to core, haven’t worked with mock before so just need to get my head around that!

1 Like

Hello,
Which Intesis do you recommend to integrate with HA, INWMPDAI001R000 or INWFIDAI001R000 ?
I see their cloud is now Intesis AC Cloud Control, it also compatible with this integration?
Is it working fine?
Many thanks everyone

Hi,

This my be a Node-RED question rather than a question for your Intesis plugin, but I thought I would try to post here anyway to see what you think.

I’m running the Intesis integration on my Raspberry Pi with Node-RED installed, which allows me to control the thermostats using simple HTTP GETs. In Node-Red the only services I can use in the Climate domain are as follows:

• set_aux_heat
  • set_fan_mode
  • set_humidity
  • set_hvac_mode
  • set_preset_mode
  • set_swing_mode
  • set_temperature
  • turn_off
  • turn_on

When I use the “turn_on” service the thermostat does turn on, but in the “heat_cool” mode. I want to be able to set the mode specifically to either “heat” or “cool”, but I can’t see how to do this. If I use the service “set_hvac_mode” and in the Data field include the word “heat” nothing happens, or Node-RED indicates an API error.

Do you have any thoughts about what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I figured out how to set the mode to “cool” - this is the text to put in the Data field:

{
    "hvac_mode": "cool"
}
1 Like

My AC unit has a special 8/10 degree mode, which is meant to keep a non-occupied space defrozen. It can be switched on and off in the Intesis AC Cloud Control (see screenshot). Would it be possible to add this to the HA integration and what kind of information would be necessary to enable it?

And my Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-W has a self clean mode, which should run for two hours after cooling.
I have no idea, how to activate this mode with home assistant.

I have only this options:

hvac_modes:
  - heat_cool
  - heat
  - dry
  - fan_only
  - cool
  - 'off'
min_temp: 18
max_temp: 30
target_temp_step: 1
fan_modes:
  - quiet
  - low
  - medium
  - high
swing_modes:
  - 'off'
  - vertical
current_temperature: 21
temperature: null
fan_mode: quiet
swing_mode: 'off'
outdoor_temp: 9
supported_features: 41

I’m a bit confused about if my device will work with IntesisBox. Going to the gateways page linked from github I do see my device in there (it’s the Mitsubishi SRK25ZSA-W with MH-AC-WIFI-1 adapter). But trying to connect to port 3310 of the device (which I believe is the MWP port) shows me it is blocked (and following the IntesisBox integration fails to connect).

Does anyone have more info on if my device should work with IntesisBox?

Thanks!

My quick search of that model indicates it is an intesishome model.

Ah thanks. To be clear, there are two types of devices, IntesisHome and IntesisBox and only IntesisBox has a method to control it directly via local network (port 3310), is that right?

You’re correct. Intesisbox is the only one with a published local API.

Thanks for confirming!

Hey Steve,
I too have a fujistu ducted HVAC and can use both devices. Did you decide on which one to go with? Im leaning towards the cloud based option as this gives the fallback for wife to use the app rather than rely on home assistant which i havent got her across the line with yet.

Unsure if there are any cost differences, not many people sell them…

Hi Damon,
I went with the INWMPFGL001R000 as this seemed to fit my requirements better. I’m not sure where you are located but Damien at ivoryegg (in Australia) was really helpful in confirming the right product for my exact HVAC.

I did have to remove the on-wall controller which i was hoping to run in parallel. The Intesis controller needed to be master and I couldn’t find how to adjust the existing fujistu wall controller to be slave so it would only work when removed from the loop altogether.

HA setup wasn’t too painful. I run unraid so setup wmp2mqtt to allow communication between the intesis and MQTT. MQTT then talks to Home Assistant.

My wife is equally non-technical but i built a simple dashboard and installed the HA app on her phone so when she needs to manually control it she can open the app and do it there. In addition i’ve got zwave temp sensors in the rooms that feed into automation logic to turn the system on/off at certain thresholds ie overnight when the house gets too hot (summer) or vice verca.

happy to help if you have any more questions

cheers
Steve

1 Like

If we are talking about the Fujitsu HVAC I had the same issues getting it to work in parallel, but after some trial an error with the dip switches was able to get them working together. The wall control unit I have doesn’t seem to be listed or easy to find any docs for, so I don’t know if it was some Australian special one or something. If that is an issue you were having then I’ll let you know what settings I used.

1 Like