Introducing Hass.io Ingress

At present it doesn’t bridge within the add-on, so I personally spun up a mini VM for that on another host and can now connect to my local network from anywhere.

I didn’t realise that. I am using it just to access Home Assistant - my HA NUC only updates a IPv6 address on DuckDNS and my open port on my router is only for IPv6 as well. So on my iPad, the 4G normally gets an IPv6 address but my mobile is on IPv4 network only so the ZeroTier One works brilliantly to access HA on that. I use Caddy as a proxy but still allows local network access which is what ZeroTier sets up. Yes it’s a VPN but I’m good with that and I don’t need to open ports for it to work.

Hi!
Is it possible to open it from navigation bar?
When I’m adding url address: /hassio/ingress/a0d7b954_vscode it is opening another tab of HA

vscode:
  title: Visual Studio Code
  icon: mdi:visual-studio
  url: /hassio/ingress/a0d7b954_vscode

Is it possible to have it in Nabu Casa UI as iframe like it is place with duckdns and opened port?

3 Likes

I haven’t tried this, and apparently the next release will make it a lot easier. https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/bdld2s/introducing_hassio_ingress/ekznkes?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Yes, you can either wait for 0.92 where there will be a nice and easy checkbox to enable that, or add the following code.

This is for VSCode, but the idea is the same for any other addon:

panel_custom:
  - name: hassio-main
    sidebar_title: Visual Studio Code
    sidebar_icon: mdi:visual-studio-code
    js_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
    url_path: vscode
    embed_iframe: true
    require_admin: true
    config:
      ingress: a0d7b954_vscode
3 Likes

is there any solution to access an addon configured to use ingress , from duckdns url? , i have duck and caddy , and using motionEye Now with ingreess ( after reconfiguring caddy for the new Url ) im getting 502 error . of course it works fine my net.tks

Yes. Just make sure you configure a port (the same one you used before) and it will be accessible exactly as prior to ingress. (I mean in the network section of the addon, then restart the addon)

DO NOT RECONFIGURE CADDY for a new URL… it works exactly the same as before.

Hmm, well I’m in a bit of trouble :slight_smile: I’m currently on 0.92.0b2 (Watchtower upgraded me automatically, I should disable that) using HassIO in Docker.

I’m not able to open the HassIO panel at all (Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js) and my Configurator option in the sidebar doesn’t work anymore (as expected by the sound of it). Unfortunately though, as I can’t open the HassIO tab to get to the add-on config, I’m not able to set a port to fix it…

Also:

Seems pretty stuffed, I’m assuming I need to either rollback or wait for a new version?

i would rollback unless you want to run the latest beta

Hard to say… I’m on 0.92.0b2 and no problems at all…

Are you using hassio in docker as well? My log errors suggest it’s related to that (the 172 IP)?

I am using the hass.io qemux86 image on my NUC Debian/Docker system

I have the same problem, like from out of nowhere, running Hass.io, 0.90.2, in Docker on Ubuntu.

Hmm, I ended up completely rolling back my VM to earlier today, so I’m back on 0.91.3 and it’s fine. When I get some time I’ll try upgrading again to see what happens, but I might wait for another version before I do that.

@Hansel How did you roll back? I have the same issue, I think.

I was running 90.2 and upgraded to 91.3 to fix getting a blank screen on the hassio frame. That worked but forgot and left watchtower running, it updated the supervisor the next day and I am now getting the entrypoint.js error. getting other odd stuff, esphome gives me an internal server error at login from any other machine on my network.

I cannot issue any hassio commands from ssh, I get
Get http://hassio/supervisor/stats: dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connect: connection refused.

any help would be appreciated.

Did you try

Yes, it was close to the command. The error I am getting for the command was

core-ssh:/# hassio homeassistant update --version=0.91.3
Post http://hassio/homeassistant/update: dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connect: connection refused
core-ssh:/#
  1. The command line is different.
  2. I thought you said you wanted to roll back to 0.90.2

Sorry for the confusion.
I was not getting the error on 90.2( I was getting just a blank page.)
Updated to 91.3 and everything was working. Overnight watchtower updated me to a new supervisor.
I tried the command as above and received: “Error: unknown flag: --options”

here is my log from docker

19-04-22 13:46:04 INFO (MainThread) [__main__] Run Hass.io

19-04-22 13:46:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.misc.dns] Start DNS port forwarding for host add-ons

19-04-22 13:46:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.supervisor] Update Supervisor to version 160

19-04-22 13:46:04 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest tag 160.

19-04-22 13:46:04 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest:160 -> 400 Client Error: Bad Request ("no such image: homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest:160: invalid reference format").

19-04-22 13:46:04 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.supervisor] Update of Hass.io fails!

19-04-22 13:46:04 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved

future: <Task finished coro=<HassIO.start() done, defined at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hassio/core.py:71> exception=SupervisorUpdateError()>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hassio/core.py", line 77, in start

elif await self.sys_supervisor.update():

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hassio/supervisor.py", line 115, in update

raise SupervisorUpdateError() from None

hassio.exceptions.SupervisorUpdateError

Thanks again.

Sorry mate, I run a bunch of VM’s for this stuff so I was able to just trash the VM completely and restore a backup from earlier in the day…

1 Like