Introducing Home Assistant Cloud

The UI before 0.80 was not showing the correct information. The correct information can be found by upgrading Home Assistant or navigating to https://account.nabucasa.com

Looks like we had a race condition between expired subscriptions being disconnected and payments being processed and subscriptions being extended. This caused users to be incorrectly disconnected. We’re working on a fix.

For now, logging out and logging back in and you’re up and running again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Problem is that there is no “Home Assistant Cloud” in my Configuration page (0.80)!

That will only show up if you enabled the component.

My mistake: Cloud integration was not activated on my system running 0.80 release. Done and ok.

But for my system running 0.75.2 (which does not want to upgrade to 0.80), this is where I see that after subscribed today for 1 months, the system tells me that my subscription expires in 3 days from now.

By the way, my HA was installed using Dietpi. And my upgrades are giving me trouble. Anyone around who would have faced the same difficulty, and overcome it? May not be the right thread but guidance or redirection would be appreciated. Otherwise, not choice but to uninstall and re-install :sleepy::tired_face:

If it shows 3 days, it means PayPal hasn’t charged you yet or hasn’t told us yet that they did. We’re going to fix it to make more sense. However we won’t be able to update the UI in old Home Assistant releases.

Paypal has charged me.

Country specific pricing please! Purchasing power parity is a thing, you know. My only other subscription (Google Play music) costs about a buck a month here.

This will help get more people to sign up. 5 dollars a month adjusted for PPP (IN) works out to around 1 dollar.

Here’s a list of PPP factors as of 2017 to help with the calculations.

I am subscribed to Home Assistant Cloud via PayPal, but my subscription expired at 9:00 this morning. (I am in an Asian timezone)
Nabu Casa hasn’t charged my PayPal yet and thus I am disconnected and unable to access Google Home.

I wonder if the expiration time in Home Assistant is in sync with the time that the payment processing occurs in Nabu Casa?

Hey there! any news on remote access via HA cloud?

2 Likes

I think it’s on their Wishlist still.
The podcast episode made it sound like they have the idea but nothing immediate

So I have signed up and payed - I am logged in with my hassio configuration.

How do I now access my UI from outside my network?

I can’t seem to find any documents anywhere??

You can’t find any docs because this feature is not available yet.

WHAT! The website says “With Home Assistant Cloud you don’t have to deal with dynamic DNS, SSL certificates or opening ports on your router. Just log in via the user interface and a secure connection with the cloud will be established.”

Unbelievable.

Refund time I think!

And if you had carried on reading it says they are working on it, so no not unbelievable.

1 Like

No I’m sorry but that wording isn’t great to the point of misleading. They (at the very least) need to switch those two paragraphs around to make the headline message that they are working on it.

What were you expecting as a refund for your free 30 days??

I’ve definitely just paid for the service, so I expect to get that back.

The paragraph explains how you can log into the Home Assistant interface and establish a secure connection with the cloud to enable Google Assistant, Alexa and Cloud Webhooks without having to deal with dynamic DNS etc. It was not meant to misled, instead it explains how configuration of cloud features work compared to the traditional approach.

You can change your subscription on https://account.nabucasa.com. For refund, reach out to support at https://www.nabucasa.com/support/ .

2 Likes

Hopefully, when the service is offered and you try to subscribe again they won’t accept it. Sorry, they never misled and it was pretty obvious from the statement. People are unbelievable when they fail to do any basic research of what they sign up for and then complain it someone one else’s fault when it’s not what they wanted