Introducing Home Assistant Green: Your entry to Home Assistant

What is the SoC (System-on-a-Chip) variant model that Home Assistant Green is based on exactly?

Edit: In the video they only mentioned it uses some kind of Rockchip RK3566, not a specific variant model of RK3566, and as far as I know, there are different variants of RK3566 for different markets, such as RK3566A for tablets, RK3566D for OTT box. I believe that there might also a variant called RK3568 with the same CPU/GPU IP but with high-speed peripherals such as PCIe 3.0.

Any other similar development boards that uses this same variant SoC as Home Assistant Green?

What is the electric consumption of the Green ?

Can’t find any info on BIOS options. Can this device “Auto Power On” on power outages?

Check out Pine64, they use Rockchip.

Yeah but not exact same SoC model. Rockchip makes loads of variants different variants that are not all compatible, and a development board would really need to use the exact same one to be a good match.

Learned that Home Assistant Green uses a Rockchip RK3566, but again not which specific model of it is, it really should be the exact same SoC model, as there are even multiple variants of the RK3566 with different specifications made in different markets.

By the way, wondering if the board from “Dusun DSGW-210-HA” SBC-appliance was considered as an option? It uses a slightly slower CPU but it comes with Zigbee/Thread, Z-Wave + Bluetooth radios:

Hardware specifications can be found at Home Assistant Green - Home Assistant

2 Likes

Great news and have ordered what I hope is the first of many.

I support a lot of first time users and this approach should greatly accelerate the adoption rates and assist with first time onboarding.

Well done!

1 Like

CM4 are slowly becoming available, have a look at rpilocator.com.

2 Likes

Very exciting with another piece of HA hardware. I see you can preorder in Europe already.

I’ve been using one of these Dusun boxes for about 9 months now. It’s been great although i have never been able to get bluetooth going.

But not the precise soc version. It just says Rockchip RK3566 SoC with quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 CPU.

This is very exciting! I have a couple friends who are a great target audience for this.

By the way, I think it would be helpful to strongly suggest that buyers also get a skyconnect, maybe offer a “bundle” with it as a default option, even if it’s the same price as each one combined, because most people will expect any smart home hub to be “the thing they use to connect zigbee and thread devices”.

Yikes… that storage is a bit low!

Yeah 8G ram and 64G storage would be nicer, but probably not then $99.

Have been looking at it since January. A CM4 has been last seen in Canada in May, but only briefly and it was not one I want. The situation is only a little better in the States.

Did anybody found, which protocols this will support? Same as yellow, or?

I am pretty sure it is not the same, but can be with additional USB devices.

What do you mean “protocols”?

It doesn’t have built in Zigbee/thread like the Yellow does. Not sure if it has Bluetooth and WiFi