Invalid authentication: Server response doesn't match our challenge on ip TP-Link

Two of my TP-Link (Tapo) smart switches will not let me configure them. I searched and most say to delete the add-on but there is no option to delete add-ons for some strange reason. Another search result said you have to start all over again with HAos which I find hard to believe.

I have got the same problem
deleted, but when re installing not pick up Ip address
works fine on Tapo app

All sorted !! It was Wi-Fi strength. In UK with BT Hub Router plus 3 x Wi-Fi Discs.
Some p100 plugs were on the wrong Disc (Wi-Fi extender).

Yeah mine work fine in the Tapo app also. And I have 4 other switches that are working fine in Home Assistant. Not sure why these two are giving such a fit. I just got 3 more Tapo switches so I am going to add those and see what happens.

hope u sort it !

Even the new plugs give the same error:

For me, mine was trying to connect to the 5ghz wifi. It was showing up twice and I didn’t realize one was 2.4 which it needs to connect to.

1 Like

All mine are connected to my IoT guest network which 2.4 GHz which is not even close to the SSID of any of my 5 GHz so not sure why HAos is not liking some but likes others. How did everyone set them up to start with? I set mine up using the Tapo app but I see that you can also choose another app like HAos which I tried but it fails to find the devices when setting it up. I also tried via Smartthings but that fails also… There is also Googles Home but that fails. Maybe they need to be setup using Matter for HAos to play nice with them? Sorry… Just thinking out loud :rofl: