Inverter Power Flow Card

How to do it for grid and battery negative power?

Hi. I’m not sure what you are asking but you can use invert_power: Set to true if your sensor provides a positive number for battery charge and negative number for battery discharge and invert_grid: Set to true if your sensor provides a negative number for grid import and positive number for grid export

v4.9.0
:rocket: Exciting New Features

• feat: show remaining battery energy on the lite and full cards. Set show_remaining_energy: false to disable.
  • fix: improve dynamic_icon logic
  • docs: update documentation

Full Changelog: Comparing v4.8.0...v4.9.0 · slipx06/sunsynk-power-flow-card · GitHub

Yes i did it. For the battery everything is fine, the grid, however, despite having set invert_grid: true, the pylon arrow indicates correctly but the dot goes the other way around.

Best to log an issue on GitHub so we can figure out whats happening
BTW if the Transmission tower shows an arrow it means you are exporting energy and sending it back to the grid.

After a reboot HA works fine. Great beautiful work, the best card I’ve seen so far. Although I have a Sofar Solar inverter and cannot take advantage of all the options.
Questions:
Can the color of the card be changed to black?
Why is the inverter_power_175 sensor not clickable?

1 Like

It inherits your theme background. To set it to a different colour you can use card mod

card_mod:
  style: |
    ha-card {
      --ha-card-background: black;
    }

inverter_power_175 is clickable. Make sure your sensor is configured correctly within HA.

I wouldn’t know what to do. Should I change something in the sensor?

Go to developer tools, states and filter on your sensor name

Click on the circle with the i. What does it show?

Show sensor status with history

I cant see any reason why it wont work then. Are you sure you are referring to the correct sensor on the card?

I think so, I’m referring to this
Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 13-07-23 Panoramica – Home Assistant

That sensor is essential_power.

If you have not defined a sensor for essential_power then the card will calculate that value for you based on this formula

essential = inverter_power_175 + grid_power_169 - aux_power_166

or in the case of three phase

essential = load_power_L1 + load_power_L2 + load_power_L3

Since there is no HA entity or historical data you cannot click on the load to bring up the more-info dialog. The work around is to provide your own entity i.e. essential_power: sensor.load_power

Now it work!
What does grid_power_169 refer to? Which sensor should be paired?

This is an inverter measurement point that is specific to Sunsynk. If you don’t have a Sunsynk inverter then I would not worry about that sensor

when editing the card, the card-mod style is removed when you change of the options in any of the sections

This was fixed in 4.7.2. Make sure you don’t have a cached version of the card.

1 Like

The card mod style went from black to white with the Firefox browser while with the Edge browser it works fine. What could it be?

Untitled

Can we have Total Solar in 2 decimal places, please?

Hey all I have been following along reading with this and think that this is a wonderful looking dashboard card and would like to get this setup but have yet to find clear instructions as to all the bits and pieces to get it working and have seen many different directions but have not figured out all the steps to make this work has anyone made a step by step on how to get all the sensors installed working in HA then the install of this card. ? I do have node red installed on top of HA and have a connection to the inverter already and a basic ui in node red just not sure how to get it working in HA.

thanks