iOS 12 and saying goodbye to an old friend

This is Awesome news, I can’t wait to see Siri Shortcuts implemented into this wonderful platform.

I also can’t wait to see what the users come up with. Right now I’m struggling with shortcuts I can see it’s pot but it’s really complicated with a lack of detailed instructions.

Thanks for all you do @robbiet480 it very much appreciated and does not go unnoticed!

Good news! With zero fanfare, I noticed tonight that I now have access to the critical alerts entitlement! It’s working great locally thus far, and that was the last roadblock out of my control, so we are back on track!

7 Likes

Here’s some sneak peeks of the new Today Widget and the Apple Watch app.

14 Likes

Super! Great news!

Cant wait to test this. After that I don’t really see the need for homebridge anymore. When do you expect this in beta?
Keep up the good work!

Brilliant news about the critical alerts.

Hi. I really appreciate all work that is done for HA. Use your app every day. Thank you.

Question about siri. Any news on shortcuts?

I am really waiting for that for some reasons.
I am not a programmer at all, but if there is some help that can be done - I am open to try.

So I finally got very motivated on this problem last night and figured it out. (I got tired of the not authorized login warnings). So it seems you MUST have a password set on the legacy interface I never set one up since my HA is not exposed outside my network. So basically I had to set a legacy HTTP password, login in with that in the iOS app, then I get the new auth login screen, enter that password also and it seems to be working fine now. (so double login). Others may have figured that out already or had a legacy password set but I thought I would follow up in case someone else is still having the issue.

1 Like

I have not had a legacy api password since the beta of the new auth system and have not needed it for the iOS app to work. I don’t know why you see that behaviour.

Any update to this? I’d really like to be able to use Shortcuts to push event/info to HA…

Only method I found so far is to use a GET or POST webhook, but that’s seems annoyingly complicated.

1 Like

I also removed the legacy API password but I get errors daily saying there was a failed login attempt from my ios app.

Are you running the 1.5 beta of the app?

No, I’m running 1.1.1

I suggest you switch to the beta. The old one doesn’t support auth properly.

Any idea when it will leave beta? I think I can wait until the GA release if it doesn’t take too long.

I don’t know. Has to be soon.

I still get with the beta the login attempt error

Hi Robbie - just wondering - how far off is a new version of the iOS app? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Thanks

It would be really nice to get critical alerts in the app. I need it for my alarm system and my flood alerts. Any idea how far away it is (beta) ?

I’m on the new iOS app and I’m getting this error when I update location. I’m running 1.5.0