(Fixed in iOS 14 b6) iOS 14 beta 5 reloads every time you click on link

Having same issue on new Public Beta.

Same here on my iPad with iOS 14 Beta 5…

Just updated last night, same issue here with beta 5

Same issue on beta 5 for me. I am able to click sidebar items and badges just fine but when I try to trigger something it reloads. Weird

Is there an easy way to go back to beta 4? Or do I need iTunes and reload from a backup?

Just to keep everyone in the loop, this bug was reported to both Google and Apple (here and here.)

Liz from Google was able to reproduce it, figured out the exact cause of the issue, and passed that info along to Apple. Robbie also made sure a WebKit engineer was notified about the bug.

So it’s been escalated to the proper people at Apple, all we can do now is wait and hope it gets fixed soon.

15 Likes

Same issue here. Thanks Sean for the follow up.

Further update. There has been a fix merged into WebKit. Fingers crossed that makes it into the next round of betas

6 Likes

Same problem here. Was almost on the way to reinstall. Haha damn bugs

Confirmed that iOS 14 beta 6 fixes this issue. The dev beta was just released, but if you’re on the public beta that will likely be out tomorrow.

5 Likes

Nice. Same problem on Chrome

iOS 14 beta 6 fixes this issue :tada:

5 Likes

Public beta is out now too

1 Like

Yep same here. All good in the hood now.

Came here to post the same thing. Fixed in iOS 14 beta 6!

So relieved to see this working again. First thing I checked! Now to see if PB6 brought any other surprises…

I have been banging my head against the wall for DAYS trying to figure out why my phone would not work. Didn’t even cross my mind that it could be iOS 14 because it has been fine since the start of 14. I have been tweaking my platform for the past few days trying to figure this out. Glad its not just me! Downloading PB6 as we speak!

Just installed beta 6. All working again. Phew

I can confirm workin ok with beta 6

Same issue on 14.0 released version