iOS Dark and Light Mode with easy background change - A theme pack

yes, go to github and download them, place them in your config folders correctly

Hi I’m using this great theme but I’m having an issue with mini media not showing icons, could someone please help

Good suggestion!

I’ve added the theme here: lovelace-ios-themes/manual-install at master · basnijholt/lovelace-ios-themes · GitHub

A Pull Request that adds manual installation instructions is appreciated :smiley:

Hello @basnijholt, and thanks for your work!

I have an issue, only with the light versions of the theme. When I chamge page or i open a popup of some card, the background become grey for a while. After that It return back to the theme background.

Do you have an idea about how to solve it?

Hi @NdR, I do not understand what you mean, could you perhaps attach a screenshot?

Sure @basnijholt , here you can see my issue:
I have a lot of “grey flashes” on the background.
This not happen with your “old dark ios theme”.

I don’t observe that behaviour on my iPhone. How did you activate the themes? Using the service call or via your profile?

I only use the Profile to set it…

I still have your “old” Dark Theme installed. Can it cause this issue?

@NdR same issue here. With and without background and custom-header configs, set via profile. Only happens on iOS using the HA app and Safari. Seems OK on desktop browser

Edit: also created automation to set theme on HA start… same issue

Yeah, I confirm that I have this issue only from mobile, iOS App.

Ok i tested out a different background image and the flickering is gone so I’m going to play around with the background images provided and see.

Edit: @basnijholt I moved the file to /local/www/, reset frontend cache and restarted HA for good measure and all flickering is gone

Jake, could you explain me what exactly did you do? Thanks!

Copied the background for selected theme to /www/ and then updated the background-image path in the theme yaml file to reflect new location

@ludeeus, do you have any idea why this would solve the issue reported by @NdR here?

I don’t understand how this would make a difference.

1 Like

When served from www/* it’s cached.

Is there a way to make a HACS installed theme files to do the same?

Definitely, add a feature request so I don’t forget :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies! I’ve opened this issue.

1 Like

Thank you m8. And I confirm that I solved it too, moving the files to www

Edit: this problem is fixed in HACS 1.5.2.

For others, experiencing the same problem, you can fix the caching problem (which causes white flashes on tab switches, by executing the following commands in the terminal:

mkdir -p /config/www/themes/ios-themes
cp -r /config/themes/ios-themes/* /config/www/themes/ios-themes/
sed -i 's/hacsfiles/local/g' /config/themes/ios-themes/ios-themes.yaml

This problem is also reported in the repo https://github.com/basnijholt/lovelace-ios-themes/issues/5.