iOS Dark and Light Mode with easy background change - A theme pack

You need to put those in configuration.yaml (with correct indentation) or create those entities manually in the UI.

Thanks a lot! that helped. However nothing happends when using toggle.
The theme is already set to Backend-selected.
Please also find below screendumps

Best regards,
Michael

1 Like

Hello. So I am relatively new to Homeassistant, but followed the instructions and managed to have the theme installed with custom-header component on top.
However I do have one issue i canā€™t seem to find a fix for (attached photo)
Basically, the background, no matter what theme I select doesnā€™t go up under the header, it stops bellow it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Adrian

Hi @Adrian_Apostol, unfortunately, the custom-header frontend component is no longer developed and broken in the latest Home Assistant version. I removed the instructions to install custom-header from the README in the themeā€™s repo.

1 Like

@Gordy1277 I think Iā€™m having your same issue. Can you please confirm what you did to fix this?

Edit: managed to get the themes loading in my profile, so can select the different options (although for some reason the ā€œBackend-selectedā€ option disappears). However, still not able to change the themes via the automation/Lovelace card - have the card and can select the different drop downs, but nothing happens. I have a feeling this has to do with the location of the frontend.yaml file (Iā€™m currently locating it on local/config/automations/frontend.yaml).

@basnijholt any ideas where I could be getting this wrong?

Thanks!

You need to find app-header-background-color: in the theme.yaml and change it to app-header-background-color: rgba(155, 155, 155, 0.25). That should hive you a semi-transparent header to you can see the background.

1 Like

I have just released 2.5.0 with a lower header transparency: https://github.com/basnijholt/lovelace-ios-themes/releases/tag/v2.5.0

2 Likes

Cant get the backgrounds to work, am i missing something? Ive added:

background: var(ā€“background-image)

to my RAW UI editor at the top. But the background just wont apply.

Any tips for a new HA user? :slight_smile:

EDIT: I figure it out, i had to change my default theme in profiles. :stuck_out_tongue:

Had the same issue as you, as i understand the author has split up his configuration so by meaning the automation\frontend.yaml he means that you have to create automations to automaticly change the theme.

Instead of making a new folder called automation go into your automation.yaml file and insert what you have in the frontend.yaml then reload your automation configuration in server control.

I installed HACS and the repo, The themes show up but none of them display the backgroundā€¦
I added the code in step 2 to my configuration.yaml file.
I created lovelace-ui.yaml (and ui-lovelace.yaml) in the same directory as the default config and added the line from step 3 to those files.
I selected a theme but the background remains blank.

On top of that, now the default dashboard I created went blank/missing so I had to create a new one.
But I think that is just a coincidence. I really want to fix the background thing first.

Using iOS Dark mode and works great. Thanks for the excellent work!
I have one question, can I set the lovelace card edit popup not transparent? with transparent, we see thru the things in the back and hard to make edit.

Is there an easy way to have one specific buttonā€™s icon change a different color than the rest when active? Or is there a way that Iā€™m missing to have the buttons work like they would in iOS where they are ā€œlighterā€ when on and ā€œdarkerā€ when off?

or a universal way to change the color for each theme instead of manually editing each? My buttons do not change opaqueness depending on if they are on or not- they stay the same so itā€™s difficult to see when they are activated.

In the pictures in the first post the header seems to be transparent ish. For me it looks weird. Any unmentioned package that is required?

It looks like I can affect the header by app-header-background-color: rgba(x,x,x,x) and the opacity factor also seem to work partly, it changes the opacity of the color(but as if the thing color below was black). app-header-background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0) results in a black header.

edit:
I realised this issue appeared after update to Ha 2020.12.0 in 118.5 the transparency worked as it should.

1 Like

try adding another tabā€¦ i had that issue too and another tab might fix it

1 Like

What is the current recommended way to hide the header now that the CustomHeader component is no longer supported?

Hi! Any idea how to put background on this?

similar to the yellow box?

So what is the fix action? Did you find anything? My bar is purple too on every theme.

Watched a video on animated backgrounds and the iOS Dark mode theme was mentioned. What an upgrade to the aesthetics of the UI.

However the top navigation bar is a pale grey and looking at the doc it appears I need https://github.com/maykar/custom-header which is no longer active. Is there another way to change the appearance; e.g. size, background color etc. of the header?

I am having this same issue but my top bar is purple