iOS Notifications not working in 2020.4

Hello
After updating today in the night Home Assistant aplication for iOS my notification are not working anymore. After removing app from iphone and all mobile app integration from Home Assistant, and after changing the name of the iphone it has been started to work, but after some time it stops again :frowning:
In HA I’ve got an error:
obraz
But in my services there is service notify.mobile_app_iphone_wojtek
obraz

There is currently a known issue around notifications which may be a result of the team transfer currently underway.

We believe this issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, please try resetting your Push ID in the app and waiting 12 hours. If you continue to have issues after that, please contact us via Twitter or Discord.

I don’t think the problem is resolved.

My automation did always work and all other notifications (android/ persistent) are still working. tried te reset push ID and waited 12 hours, still not working.

some other things I could try?

Did you verify a new slightly different mobile_app name didn’t get created? Awhile back the mobile app was creating “new” devices with slightly different names than originally… an underscore in a place it wasn’t etc…
I’m pretty sure that was resolved awhile back though… you may just want to delete the integration for that device, reinstall the app and go through the setup process again.

It worked before, also with the new name, when I use the service

notify.mobile_app_iphone_van_bram message: test

and press call service the message is send but nothing happens.

I did however found out that I have 2 iPhone entities for the same iPhone and am not able to delete them both. Is there an option to delete the entities, it is not possible within the GUI.

I’m having the same issue. I just deleted my phone from the integration, logged out of the app and logged back in and that hasn’t helped.

I also just tried logging out, uninstalling the app from my phone then deleting it from the Mobile App integration and setting it all back up and that didn’t work either.

Any chance notifications accidentally got turned off on the phone itself? Did you check the log for errors right after sending?
Maybe try sending a message from services page ?

Notifications are on for the phone and I’m testing it from the Services page. I did forget to check the logs prior and there is an error. It says:

Requested entity was not found.

4:09:08 PM – Mobile App (ERROR) - message first occurred at September 15, 2020, 10:58:33 AM and shows up 399 times

I’m not sure what other entity I should pick, there is only one for my phone.

Okay - a Home Assistant restart fixed it. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Restart is not working at all and I am still not able to delete the unused iPhone mobile app integrations.

this is the error within the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify
Source: components/mobile_app/notify.py:161 
Integration: Mobile App (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 10:41:24 (4 occurrences) 
Last logged: 10:46:16

Requested entity was not found. This message is generated externally to Home Assistant.

The requested entity is available within entities.

I am also have ios push notification issues. It looks like everything works and I do not receive any errors but I do not receive any push notifications. This was working previously.

EDIT: was able to make it work. I changed the name of my iPhone and deleted and reinstalled the app and rebooted the server and everything is working as intended.