iOS17 freeze

When I start the HA APP under iOS17 or want to access HA via Safari, nothing works, everything is frozen, with the iPad on which iOS17 is not yet installed and everything works fine on the Mac Mini.

1 Like

It’s also working fine for me.

Try killing the app and trying again.

I closed the app and deleted it from the iPhone, turned the iPhone off, turned it back on after a few minutes, reinstalled the app, without success

1 Like

same Problem here: iOS 17 Safari freeze · Issue #100617 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

No problems here either

I am having temporary freezes too!.
A dashboard loads partially but there’s no interaction possible. I can only scroll the view. Then after a while, 20 sec or more the rest of the view loads and interaction is possible. But then if I switch dashboard , show a card (with a light switch i.e.) or show the menu. same thing happens again. Both on iPad and iPhone on ios 17.
I reinstalled the app. but that didn’t work.
It also happens in safari (on ios 17 / ipad os17).
Totally unusable at the moment from my apple devices running v17.

I will try to debug via safari on my mac. And see if it’s a special card that is causing problems or maybe get some hints.

1 Like

Same problem here. Arrived on 2 separate phones right after IOS update. App, Safari, Chorme same effect. Updating HA to latest stable docker tag didn’t help.

Since it fine for some, it’s probably related to the content of your respective dashboards.

Which custom cards are you using? Are these dashboard views particularly heavy (lots of cards and data)?

I think it might be related to graphs. I have some energy consumption history-graphs on a test dashboard and that dashboard freezes for 20 seconds or more. I removed that graph from another dashboard and now that dashboard is fine again.

And it the time it freezes seems to be related to the number of data points in the graph.
weekly graph is really!! slow. Daily still slow, hourly graph is better but still noticeable.

So I’d guess something changed in javascript in ios17 or in drawing to canvas2d
( I see >80% cpu being used while drawing the graph)

1 Like

Yes, I confirm. I moved standard temperature graph to another view and it stopped crashing while on this view.

Same issue after upgrade to IOS 17.

One of the views that has a 24h history graph card on it (energy use) is not working. View freezes immediately and only option is to close the app.

i removed that history graph card and all is working normal.
I also tried:
Upgrade to 17.01 - no change
Close/restart app - no change

I just updated my Iphone13 ProMax to iOS17.01. Same issue. First time opening, it’s loading my graphical. But scrolling is hardly not possible. When I close the app and reopen it, then it freeze. Opening via Chrome on my IPhone no issue. I think there is an issue with the App itself not with the graphic.
PS: I have to correct myself: on chrome I have the issue as well :-(. What to do?

I downgraded to 16.6.1 and everything is working perfectly again

for those who don’t experience any issues - just open any historical chart data. The app freezes to the point where you can’t even change anything on the menu. But beware - you’ll need to uninstall it and install again to get out of this situation as the app is always returning to the last window (in which case if it got stuck at history, it will re-open and freeze back there every time you close and open it again).

I found out the issue. As mentioned by another user is it’s the historical graph who block the system. Interesting: I have two historical graph implemented. Only one makes the issue. Another is running fine. This is the code, which caused the issue:

`type: history-graph
entities:

• entity: sensor.shellypro3em_3ce90e6ebf14_phase_a_active_power
  • entity: sensor.shellypro3em_3ce90e6ebf14_phase_b_active_power
  • entity: sensor.shellypro3em_3ce90e6ebf14_phase_c_active_power
  • entity: sensor.shellypro3em_3ce90e6ebf14_total_active_power
    title: Leistungsverlauf pro Phase
    hours_to_show: 24`

Hello, now the same problem in Sonoma and Safari when opening the history chart

I had 2 cards the similar to this and my 24 hour was causing issue, where the 2 hour wasn’t.
On the flip side I have some 1 week and 1 month not causing issues so I’m not sure what to troubleshoot.

Exactly the same problem for me, shelly em3 performance curve at 24 hours, and nothing works anymore.

genau dasselbe Problem bei mir, shelly em3 Leistungsverlauf bei 24 Stunden, und nichts geht mehr

Here the same. My iphone 14 with ios17 freeze all time. Not my Android device.

Same here. Stuck at History graph. iOS 17.0.3. Latest version of the Companion app.

No issues when using HA without the app with Safari

Has anyone found a workaround the get out of the history graph page or is the complete reinstall needed for the app?

Edit. I found a way to nagivate out of the frozen view; kill the app and restart. Quickly (within the first second) tap the menu item top left and navigate away to a working view. The window the do this is very short. If you miss it, the app will remain frozen. But luckily doable and no reinstall needed.

1 Like