iPhone app no longer works

Ok. Progress report.

Under general configuration I disabled Remote UI

In the app config I put the IP address as stated both on the internal and external url.

With WiFi on the app is back and works fast. Incl refresh.
Without WiFi nada.

This makes sense So far so good.

Partly happy now. But the laptop still the same story.

And I don’t know what will happen if I connect nabu and remote ui.

Yeah, the app tries to be smart and switch based on what SSID (name of your wifi network) you’re connected to. For example, if you’re connected to your home wifi network named IHATERAIN, the app will try to connect using the internal IP. If you’re connected to any other SSID (or not connected to WIFI), then it will use external.

But why is my laptop not connecting ?

You said it was before… so now your laptop is not?

It was but at some stage both failed

So my laptop is still off but I can see HA files via the network

So my app works with the local network. No issues but there is something off the the Remote UI. I don’t know what but that’s step3. Step 2 is getting it back on the laptop.

I first will restart HA to confirm the settings.

Bad decision. App is down again. HA close to
the bin now… :triumph:

So we are 8 or so hours further and back to square 1…

If you clear the cache, does it then suddenly work? I ask, because I might have the same issue since yesterday on all devices, both outside my network as inside (using DuckDNS). Clearing cache works temporarily. Driving me insane though to clear cache multiple times a day per device…

No. Make it’s worse. Anything from a refresh, restart and reboot sets me back.

I am done with this. Home Automation is meant to make life easier not more complicated and frustrating. Switching on the light when you come home by clicking a real switch wins by far…

That means your HA isn’t running. Check the logs when you restart and fix the errors that appear. Post your whole restart log not just one that looks suspicious

HA is running. It’s up because it still controls lights and stuff and it’s moving. There is nothing wrong there.

I will get you the full log…

Tell me one thing. I deleted the app today about 10-12 times and reinstalled. I never have to fill in any login data after reinstallation. Where is that info stored? The first time it always starts. After that it’s done. Unlike my laptop. Nada there.

For the iPhone it should ask every time because cache is removed on deletion. I don’t know how the Android app works. It’s pretty new. You can try clearing your browser cache on your phone because they are normally shared resources. But what keeps throwing me off is that you say your computer doesn’t connect.

Are you 100% sure your router didn’t change the ip?

yes. I have checked the IP from the router side and it tells me that Home Assistant is on 192.168.1.132. Plus I reserved the IP address for Home Assistant in the router. So it doesn’t move.

my log all:

2020-09-20 19:38:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for sonoff which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 19:38:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for clean_up_snapshots_service which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 19:38:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 19:38:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of recorder is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 19:39:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] The openweathermap platform for the weather integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.
2020-09-20 19:39:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] The openweathermap platform for the sensor integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.
2020-09-20 19:40:31 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.sonoff.sonoff_cloud] Cloud WS exception: {'action': 'update', 'deviceid': '100097393e', 'apikey': '80ad0d79-6bc1-429e-956b-429e3b066222', 'userAgent': 'device', 'sequence': '1600641629787', 'ts': 0, 'params': {'sledOnline': 'on'}, 'from': 'device', 'seq': '2239'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 234, in _connect
    await self._process_ws_msg(resp)
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 155, in _process_ws_msg
    await self._set_response(data)
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 66, in _set_response
    assert 'error' in data, data
AssertionError: {'action': 'update', 'deviceid': '100097393e', 'apikey': '80ad0d79-6bc1-429e-956b-429e3b066222', 'userAgent': 'device', 'sequence': '1600641629787', 'ts': 0, 'params': {'sledOnline': 'on'}, 'from': 'device', 'seq': '2239'}
2020-09-20 20:10:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.ipp] Error fetching ipp data: Invalid response from API: Timeout occurred while connecting to IPP server.
2020-09-20 20:12:23 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.sonoff.sonoff_cloud] Coolkit API error: Cannot connect to host us-api.coolkit.cc:8080 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 936, in _wrap_create_connection
    return await self._loop.create_connection(*args, **kwargs)  # type: ignore  # noqa
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1050, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1080, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 846, in _read_ready__data_received
    data = self._sock.recv(self.max_size)
ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 147, in _api
    r = await coro
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 480, in _request
    conn = await self._connector.connect(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 523, in connect
    proto = await self._create_connection(req, traces, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 858, in _create_connection
    _, proto = await self._create_direct_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 1004, in _create_direct_connection
    raise last_exc
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 980, in _create_direct_connection
    transp, proto = await self._wrap_create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohttp/connector.py", line 943, in _wrap_create_connection
    raise client_error(req.connection_key, exc) from exc
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host us-api.coolkit.cc:8080 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]

I logged out on my app on my phone (iOS) and reinstalled the app. Then it asks for the login credentials and the ip address. Then I get connected to a live HA. So I am 100% sure that the IP is right…

So I was thinking to do the same with my laptop but howdy you logout if you can’t get in…

btw if the ip is different you get a 404 page not found… But I get a HA logo with retry (funny guys).

That’s browser caching the old information, you’re not actually talking with HA at that moment. It’s a static image that is presented by the browser in the event that you cannot connect to HA. If you CTRL+F5 on the page it will show you "404 not found" if it cannot be found.

If I use the IP address in the browser of my iPad or iPhone it gives no issues. And HA is live. So why can’t I clear the browser of my laptop. I copied the address of the login screen to my laptop and that worked but after login it bounced.

you can, CTRL+F5.

Not sure if that works for a Mac

Command+Shift+R

I don’t have a mac, I"m just using google. This page says it’s a separate hotkey

Command+Option+E or Command+R

still the retry screen