iPhone app no longer works

I have set-up Samba inside HA.

Then you should still be able to access that from another computer. They are not in the same container so it will still be running if HA isn’t.

Here is one of the error messages I’m getting.

Logger: homeassistant.components.frontend
Source: components/frontend/__init__.py:253
Integration: Home Assistant Frontend (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:35:47 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:35:47 AM

Please remove extra_html_url from your frontend config. It is no longer supported
Please remove javascript_version from your frontend config. It is no longer supported

Those are deprecation warnings. They have nothing to do with your issue. All you need to do is connect to HA with samba and open the .storage folder and follow @tom_l’s suggestion. So that’s what you should be working on. The error message responses were for @Ih8rain2

Got it… Still can’t see HA using Samba… Not sure what else to do??
Should I uninstall and reinstall Samba?

Petro, I am seriously lost here. How do you use Samba outside HA?

OK my log:

2020-09-20 12:28:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for scheduler which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 12:28:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for sonoff which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 12:28:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for clean_up_snapshots_service which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 12:28:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-09-20 12:28:25 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of recorder is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:02 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=84 from 2020-09-20 14:05:12.169595)
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setup of binary_sensor platform cloud is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_number is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of zeroconf is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of zone is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.scene] Setup of scene platform homeassistant is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of tag is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of media_source is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_select is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_datetime is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_boolean is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of ffmpeg is taking over 10 seconds.
2020-09-20 12:29:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] The openweathermap platform for the weather integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.
2020-09-20 12:29:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] The openweathermap platform for the sensor integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.
2020-09-20 12:45:39 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.sonoff.sonoff_cloud] Cloud WS exception: {'action': 'update', 'deviceid': '100097393e', 'apikey': '80ad0d79-6bc1-429e-956b-429e3b066222', 'userAgent': 'device', 'sequence': '1600616733926', 'ts': 0, 'params': {'sledOnline': 'on'}, 'from': 'device', 'seq': '2019'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 234, in _connect
    await self._process_ws_msg(resp)
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 155, in _process_ws_msg
    await self._set_response(data)
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_cloud.py", line 66, in _set_response
    assert 'error' in data, data
AssertionError: {'action': 'update', 'deviceid': '100097393e', 'apikey': '80ad0d79-6bc1-429e-956b-429e3b066222', 'userAgent': 'device', 'sequence': '1600616733926', 'ts': 0, 'params': {'sledOnline': 'on'}, 'from': 'device', 'seq': '2019'}
2020-09-20 12:45:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.sonoff_100097393e is taking over 10 seconds
2020-09-20 12:48:46 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.ipp] Error fetching ipp data: Invalid response from API: Timeout occurred while connecting to IPP server.
2020-09-20 12:52:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2864852536] Error handling message: expected a URL for dictionary value @ data['internal_url']. Got 'http:/homeassistant.local:8123'
2020-09-20 12:54:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snitun/client/client_peer.py", line 110, in _handler
    await self._multiplexer.ping()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snitun/multiplexer/core.py", line 87, in ping
    self._write_message(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snitun/multiplexer/core.py", line 185, in _write_message
    raise MultiplexerTransportClose() from None
snitun.exceptions.MultiplexerTransportClose

samba’s whole purpose is to allow external computers access the file system in HA. So you use another computer and browse to the config folder on your network. For example, I called my HA ‘nuc’ and the IP is 192.168.1.134, so…

or

i.e.

//nuc/config

or

//192.168.1.134/config

Is my problem I posted here related: Desktop/mobile apps cannot connect suddenly

Going insane and hoping I’m not the only one.

Your URL is wrong.

http://homeassistant.local:8123

OK, So Samba is on the background anyway I was be able to access HA on the network as you showed and by reinstalling the app. I am in HA again, but a refresh I am back in the loop again. Reinstalling the app brings men back in. So I have the door open on a inch. What to do next?

btw Petro, how is your Sunday ?

I have no clue where you are tbh. If CTRL+F5 in your browser does not bring the page up, then HA is not running and you need to go through your logs and fix the errors one by one. Something you did got you in this position and only you know it.

Ok. This I can correct:

This should be ok but in my browser (safari) it still doesnt run. Neither the Nabu Casa

Edit:

Changed and restarted. Still nothing :tired_face:

Your internal and external are set differently. Are you using a proxy?

No… should they be the same? That’s not what I have understood from the configuration

I am using Nabucasa cloud with remote UI. I have to because my house is on a different continent from where I am. Currently I am on the same network but is more exception then rule.

It depends on your setup and only you know that. If you’re trying to use a dns service and internal, you’ll need ot run a proxy. Otherwise you can only use the external url and the internal won’t work.

The issue came from nowhere. I had no issues at all. Installed it once and never touched anything of it and then suddenly the app failed and now by trying to solve it it seems I am sinking deeper and deeper…

I could be asking stupid questions but what proxy are we talking about?

The official proxy is NGINX. I would assume you don’t have it set up and your internal url never worked (seeing that it was wrong in the first place based on your errors). That means, you should only be able to access HA through your external URL. I don’t know how you have that configured and it seems foreign to me.

All Greek to me. Let me explain how I did the set-up in basic steps to understand where I am coming from.

I have some Sonoff stuff working on EWeLink.
Then I heard about HA. So I bought a Raspberry Pi4. Installed the HA image and started. Connected the raspberry by Ethernet on my router. So in my browser I used http: //homeassistant.local:8123. No issues. Installed the app and used the same address. No issues.

Since I need to be able to access HA remotely I installed Nabucasa as well. Also again no issues. nabucasa connected and remote ui connected. Never a failure. It didn’t matter on what network I was it always worked. I didn’t do any fancy configuration because I wouldn’t know how. For weeks since the start no issues. Fantastic in fact😁!

Until this morning or last night when the app suddenly went into this looping. I used to refresh the app by pulling it down. I did as usual but it pushed the app in the looping and I can’t get it out (as we know by now).

On my laptop still no issues but for unclear reasons it’s the same now. And even just using the IP address in the browser won’t work anymore.

I rebooted the router, HA and the raspberry. Tried some internal and external URL setting but still nada.

Sigh…

Luckily Ewelink still works so I can control my house

It is a bit my short experience with HA. Great one day and the next day you are a long way from home… ok I take my limited knowledge into account. The solution could be around the corner but I don’t see it.

Are you able to see HA from Samba?

I can see HA. Just via my laptop. I have no clue about samba🤔