iRobot Roomba i7+ Configuration using Rest980

what are you getting?

thats all its expected to do, we just interact with this container via API

does your robot still have the mapping working? otherwise this container adds no value as irobot removed the position data.

known issue - irobot removed the mapping positional data from the api.

sensor.rest980 is in home assistant, not in the rest980 container - please have a look through the instructions on GH.

do you have a robot which supports mapping? if yes, then looks like the vacuum directory isnt mapped correctly?

is this error just on startup? could be its tried to load before the rest980 first request.

log position isnt likely to work anymore given irobot has removed the positional data so can possibly remove this automation. the others are pointing to a missing input_boolean.vacation which i have setup independently of this integration, so perhaps either you can add in your config, or remove this from the condition check.

maps are broken, irobot removed the api

thats all its meant to do, you dont interact with the container after its started in the console.

that command should be substituting the value from input_text.vacuum_map - perhaps check this is correct?

not quite correct. i just have other priorities and only get to occasionally come and review this.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies!

yeah only on startup. Tbh I couldn’t track down any functionality issues as a result so that makes sense.

Log position - ok got it.

input boolean - thought I’d managed to catch everything you’d set up, obvs not. Removed from condition check and all good

I obviously need to do a better job at reading update notes. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Are there any options to replace it?

Other than the new IOT protocol “Matter” that has been released. But that isn’t ready for things like vacuums yet. It’ll probably take a year or longer before vacuums are supported. Not only that, Roomba would have to update the vacuums to support Matter too.

Hey All,

I am reaaaaly new to HA but managed to get the addon working :slight_smile: can anyone explain to me in realy simple words or maybe and example on how to configure scheduling? as example vacuum the living room every morning around 7.00 mon tue wed.

@njaynl There are two included automation examples in the vacuum.yaml file.

the first essentially is configured to clean the kitchen room at 6am if the associated input boolean is enabled

FAQ item 12 provides some more explanation on how the room cleaning works, which this automation is just, automating for you

hope this helps! :smiley:

thanks for reply and your addon !

I do have another question; sorry to bother you :slight_smile:

How do i manually set an automation for the robot? let’s say when my phone leaves my location the vacumm starts cleaning the kitchen.

You just need to update the trigger section of the automation to instead match on this event.

if you have setup presence detection then have a look at this thread for an example.

you can also tie the device tracking to you as a person entity and use this vs the phone directly as the source

thanks man! you’re the best.

Are you talking about this (Rest980) or a different integration that is dead?

oneeeee last question which rest980 command or trigger do i send to the roomba to start cleaning a room? i want to manually trigger it. I tried copying some actions from the vacuum.yaml but that does not work :slight_smile:

Oh, I’m not talking about the Rest980. I’m talking about the Roomba integration. I should have been more clear, my bad.

1 Like

well, it depends -

if you just want to clean one room manaully, you need to either activate the input boolean for that room (which, per faq item 12 just sets the vacuum_rooms input text with the names) and then activate the Vacuum Clean Rooms automation.

do you just need to do these steps for your manual trigger. the included lovelace file should give you the templating for having a list of input booleans, representing your rooms, and the a button to initiate the clean room automation

Thanks! i managed to edit the existing schedules and copying that and adjusting the automation to i can manually trigger :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone have a lovelace card code with selective room cleaning for the braava? the github only states a mutlifloor one.

thanks!

Hi All,

I’ve just installed all correctly by following every point of the guide for my Roomba i7, but all the informations about my robot are “not available”. See imageScreenshot 2023-08-24 162008

But I’ve noticed this error on rest980:

[email protected] start /usr/src/app
node ./bin/www
/usr/src/app/node_modules/dorita980/lib/v2/local.js:33
throw e;
^
Error: Connection refused: Identifier rejected
at MqttClient._handleConnack (/usr/src/app/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:920:15)
at MqttClient._handlePacket (/usr/src/app/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:350:12)
at work (/usr/src/app/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:292:12)
at Writable.writable._write (/usr/src/app/node_modules/mqtt/lib/client.js:302:5)
at doWrite (/usr/src/app/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:428:64)
at writeOrBuffer (/usr/src/app/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:417:5)
at Writable.write (/usr/src/app/node_modules/readable-stream/lib/_stream_writable.js:334:11)
at TLSSocket.ondata (_stream_readable.js:558:20)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:176:18)
at TLSSocket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:134:10)
at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:559:20)
npm ERR! Linux 6.1.21-v8
npm ERR! argv “/usr/local/bin/node” “/usr/local/bin/npm” “start”
npm ERR! node v6.17.1
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! [email protected] start: node ./bin/www
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script ‘node ./bin/www’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the rest980 package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node ./bin/www
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs rest980
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls rest980
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /usr/src/app/npm-debug.log

How can you help me?

I can’t reach 192.168.1.x:3000/api/local/info/state

I solved that problem, but I can’t load the map and my log file is not populated.

When I run: http://192.16.1.xxx:3001/image.php shows this error:

No Coordinates found in file, is it reachable and populated? Log file

In the last couple of months a problem has developed where jobs started from HA don’t work. Whenever they start, the iRobot app says ‘Discovering and Cleaning’, lasts about 5 mins and then returns to the base. The app then tells me there’s been a localisation problem. It doesn’t do this when I use the iRobot app. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Thanks

Guyan

Hello,

I had one too, but for me it was in the iRobot app. I reinstalled the robot and it’s been good since then.