iRobot Roomba i7+ Configuration using Rest980

Hello, i recently tried this project as well, but it fails when i copy the vacuum.yaml to my server. I did not change anything in the file, but HA will not parse it. The error message is:

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [vacuum]: required key not provided @ data['platform']. Got None.

Somewhere i found that this is caused by the line sensor: at the beginning. If i remove it i get another error at line 290 which shows: rest_command: The error i get then is:

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: expected '<document start>', but found '<block mapping start>' in "/config/vacuum.yaml", line 290, column 1

Do you have any idea what can be wrong here? i use the “rest980_j7 Docker Image” and “php-nginx Docker Image”. I am also able to see the details on the /api/local/info/state page.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve been able to get this installed but so far all I get in my vacuum.log file is “n-a” and “Finished” - shouldn’t I get some coordinates?

good point, ive just added an example yaml file

Mapping is broken in Firmware 3.20+ ref

I would check and make sure the identifiers still match - perhaps something has changes?

make sure you have setup packages correctly

Mapping is broken in Firmware 3.20+ ref

Do you have some instructions on how to set up the package and what to include? Thanks!

I’m not sure what caused it. I checked the identifiers as suggested above but they hadn’t changed. In the end I too went for a factory reset of the Roomba and started again from scratch.

1 Like

Hi

Can someone please help?
I can see the location of the robot on /api/local/info/state but not on the map page.

hello @Syrius,

i dont understand how to configure vacuum.yaml and secret.yaml (point 6 of your guide). Where can i put these files? im trying into configuration.yaml, in packages directory etc. But i have the same error in development system and then i cannot reboot HA.

Can you help me please?

tldr setting up packages is -

create folder in your HA config folder called packages. then add the following to your configuration.yaml file (either in the existing homeassistant: section, or create a new one as shown below.

homeassistant:
  packages: !include_dir_named packages

not sure what it causing this - can potentially raise an issue on the rest980 repo, but given the majority of robots no longer support this, i dont know what kind of response you will get.

if the pose data is there, then in theory the map generated in this addon should be generating?

see my packages tldr above :point_up:

yes i have packages directory, but i have these errors:

Invalid config for [input_text]: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘input_text’][‘vacuum_clean_bagno’][‘initial’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘region_id’, ‘9’), (‘type’, ‘rid’)])
value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘input_text’][‘vacuum_clean_cameretta’][‘initial’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘region_id’, ‘2’), (‘type’, ‘rid’)])
value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘input_text’][‘vacuum_clean_cucina’][‘initial’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘region_id’, ‘10’), (‘type’, ‘rid’)])
value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘input_text’][‘vacuum_clean_matrimoniale’][‘initial’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘region_id’, ‘8’), (‘type’, ‘rid’)])
value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘input_text’][‘vacuum_clean_sala’][‘initial’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘region_id’, ‘1’), (‘type’, ‘rid’)]). (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 196).

whats happened?

Make sure your entries in secrets.yaml are enclosed in the appropriate quotes -

vacuum_kitchen: '{"region_id": "16", "type": "rid"}'

Thank you

Now I hope this is my last problem:

How can solve it?

Do you mean the iRobot Roomba and Brava integration? Or some generic vacuum integration?

So i get that mapping and images are broken, but ive gone through every other step, ive updated the secrets file, but whenever i try and make a card with the given lovelace yaml it cant find anything any i still dont have the rest_command in services. Not sure what i missed.

Syrius, thanks a lot for your job, can you explain me how to return roomba on its base?

Hello! love the integration, i’ve been able to get it set up and working, and it’s been great. I understand that at this poin the mapping portion is not working, but is there any way to obtain the room that the vacuum is currently cleaning from the app? (i.e. currently vacuuming: living room)

it looks like the maintenance items have not been correctly copied from the lovelace file. the camera is likely not needed as there is no mapping function - you can delete the camera section.

rest980 addon typciall, but it depends how you did install this. if you have the app open when startin the addon, it can sometimes give you the {} result.

do you have a sensor.vacuum ? this is part of the vacuum.yaml file so if its not present, then you likely have not setup packages correctly

the dock button on the top card will send the robot home.

unfortunately not - this is all handled in the cloud and not exposed to the API directly from the robot.

Hello, does it work for the Roomba S9+?!

In my case I had already the default Roomba integration enabled. I had to disable the default integration, after that I got the JSON code.

E.G.:
afbeelding

Yes, works with mine just fine.

Question! I got the addon running fine the one thing i would like is to send a notification to my phone when the tank level for the braava is empty. Can anyone assist?