Is it possible to take a snapshot of a Lovelace card and send it as a notification attachment?

I would love to be able to send an image of a graph or gauge as an attachment in a notification.

2 Likes

Since the graphs are not images then I believe that is hard.
The only thing I can think of is to extract the values from the graph and pass them to an online service like
Line Graph Maker | Create a line chart (rapidtables.com)

This is just something I found googling, and from there try and get the image.

I would also find this feature to be very interesting. Idea could be to create a snapshot of any lovelace card configured in your dashboard via some new service (means the service would need to do some html rendering then create an image out of it). Once done, that image could be referenced or linked in a notification (but could be other use cases as well).

2 Likes

Did you find any solution for this?

I’m tracking the World Cup with, @vasqued2’s ha-teamtracker, and the ha-teamtracker-card.
Would be great if I could add a photo/prt sc, every time the score changes.

Thinking about this harder, having the “snapshot” service work for any card as a card level feature would be highly flexible if there was a way to render it out no matter what. Some cards have some very interesting functions and sending a point in time view of its state would be so handy.

Especially if you are pushing this out to a device like a TV or something. THinking about the hack of sending images to the PIP doorbell / camera feature in homekit.

3 Likes

I need this badly. I’ve been taking manual screen shots of my battery tester that plots profile of battery cycles on graphs. Then I compare. This would be very useful. Then you could send by email or text… the status of any graph or card. PLEASE PLEASE YES

1 Like

I would mark this as a duplicated of the FR which already have 30+ votes: