Is there a need for a nice Wall Panel / Would you buy one of these?

Thank you guys for the participation in this thread.

Before we continue with the different options and models I want to reply to you.

@ddokupil

I will check if there is a motion sensor built in. The rest is no problem the device is controllable via HA because it’s using the official HA-App.

@pepe59

This device won’t use tuya. It’s 100% local and HA-Compatible.

@Participant
The device can offer

• All Android apps, like Spotify for Spotify connect
  • Amazon Alexa app for voice Control
  • AirPlay is an Apple thing, I guess there are some Android apps which emulates an AirPlay Device
  • Dlna / UPNP is also not a Problem there are a lot of apps available
  • I will test this device with Snapdroid and LMS

@WallyR
Full ack.

Later this day I will share some more information about the models I can deliver.

Would it be important to have different screen sizes with different prices?

• Small Version 6 inch
  • Big Version 8 inch

Is an amplifier important for you? For powering passive speakers

I think these are similar to the NSPanel Pro if they run Android. I have several of the Pros running Fully Kiosk for HA. The only downside it the small screen size, so these would be nice if they could be made to work. It should be possible to hack them to disable the Tuya components and in stall a different launcher.

@sota

The device will be delivered without Tuya. With a launcher and HomeAssistant Pre-Installed.

1 Like

Sounds like a real good plan.

Maybe a idea to make a thicker display with the support to put USB devices at te back, so they are not visible from the front. (Like z-wave or zigbee)

And a good holder for the wall and sell apart a desk mount

A motion or light sensor in front.

Controlled from the Hass client or with a Bluetooth keyboard

The knob is a really good thing.
Especially with the display.
White color or optional for little bit more money
White, red, green, blue colors (for like thermostat )

Keep the price low, but give people the option for upgrades. So you can keep the price right

1 Like

@mickey30m

Yeah good points. I will have keep an eye on this. What I can say 99$ is not possible.

I will close this thread and Create a new one. With a detailed plan. So that the discussion is more specific. Thank you for all the information and the interesting perspectives!

The new thread will be opened soon - stay tuned!

Please post it here when you’ve created it.

1 Like

Yeah no problem.

Great opensource project SmartKnob by scottbez1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip641WmY4pA

Android Tablet
Wall mounted above light switch, with USB charging, easy disconnect and carry them anywhere
Kiosk or Wall Panel
Ok … no “cool” knob
Cost? $50 tablet, $1 Romex Wire, $5 mount, $2 cable, $2 wall plate with USB = $60

Simple answer. No

Short Update … New thread will take some time - Discussions with the manufacturer Stay tuned - no Tuya is already possible.

I am currently checking how we can make the price as low as possible. I am targeting a MUCH BETTER PRICE as on AliExpress (this means MUCH LOWER THAN 299$!!!)

Here is a new Poll for all of you:

Which are the most Important Options which I should have in mind…?
  • Amplified Speaker Output
  • Different Screensizes
  • Pre-Installed Apps (Spotify, Snapdroid, Amazon Alexa …)
  • DeskStand
  • Wallmount without Drilling holes in your Wall
  • Something different (let me know in this thread)

0 voters

Crowdfunding a possible Way to order a Panel?
  • Yes!
  • No, why? Let me know in the Thread

0 voters

Only 3 Votes? Not more? Help me to make the best Wall Panel for Homeassistant!!!

You clearly didn’t read the first post properly. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

PoE would be epic if the screen power consumption isn’t too high for it.

3 Likes

It was mentioned in the first post
Generally, these are Tuya wall panels based on Android.
That was enough for me to give an unequivocal answer: no, he didn’t buy it

Yeah exactly, it was mentioned that the unit would be re-flashed to remove all sense of Tuya.

1 Like

BTW: This idea is still under development. I am working hard to make the project really nice.

• Different Screen Sizes are possible from 6" to 8" currently I also did some research about 10" Models
  • No Tuya is already possible
  • KNOB control is currently also under discussion how to integrate nicely with HA
  • Speaker Output is also under consideration to use the Wall panel also as a music station

For the knob, it would be great if this could be a seperate ‘device’ in HA such that automations canbe created to make it do whatever we want. ie: light brightness, volume control, blind/roller shutter control

1 Like

Hey guys,

Project is dead. Sorry for that. Manufacturers aren’t allowing small qtys and also the knob is more or less a black box (for me). Sorry about that.

Which Android tablet?

See here, full post with information: