Is this normal LAG for zigbee?

I just received my Zigbee devices. Some routers and some smoke detectors.
I’ve tried to manually turn on siren for one of them from HA from entities. But nothing happened. I’ve pressed couple more times, still nothing. Then went to second entity and made the same thing. Also nothing happened. After like 1 or 2 minutes, these sirens started to scream, then turned off, then started again to scream, again stopped. It was doing this for the next few times.

It looks like these tests where i pressed buttons manually had enormous LAG. WTF? Is this normal for zigbee?

I press the button and it only starts to work after 2-3min.?

I don’t have Zigbee sirens, but it definitely is not normal

2 Likes

but how to deal with it?

I have a Zigbee siren, and it definitely is not normal.

Edit: Just tried it - immediate response. Are any of your other devices showing delays?

I have only seen this behaviour when I selected my zigbee channel poorly and it was interfering with my wifi. Changed to a better channel and the response became nearly instant.

1 Like

It makes sense!! To join the zigbee network it took plenty of tries. I mean each smoke sensor failed at least 10 times each before joined.

@tom_l where do i change channel for these sensors in HA?

Are you using ZHA or Zigbee2mqtt?

ZHA: Zigbee Home Automation - Home Assistant

Z2M: Improve network range and stability | Zigbee2MQTT

1 Like

sorry my fault forgot to mention it’s Z2M. And thank you for the links, going to read.

Your links are very useful! Thank you.

Thank you @tom_l for the information.
I’ve worked around with channels, and now sirens are working as expected!

I still have another problem with these Friend smoke detectors, but opened another post for it: Frient (Develco) smoke detector temperature data