Is this some sort of weird april fools joke - crooked cards?

The Home Assistant team as a whole is innocent and did not know about this.

This was all my doing (and yours for installing card-mod - a third-party thing that exists solely to alter the appearance of the frontend).

9 Likes

I can appreciate it. :slight_smile:
So obvious it is an april fools joke. I donā€™t mind it, no negative effects on my side.
Thanks for making me laugh.

2 Likes

This made me smileā€¦ after it made me confused.
The changes were subtle and I wondered what was going onā€¦ when I saw it was not only on mobile but also the web, I realised, ā€œAh, itā€™s April Foolā€™s!ā€.
I loved it, and now am happy for it to go away. Thanks @thomasloven ! :smile:

2 Likes

I still have crooked cards after uninstalling the card-mod, have tried different browsers and clearing the cache, its still the same. Any suggestions?

I couldnā€™t agree more. I understand that the idea is funny at first, but the risk of issues and time wasted trying to fix this before understanding itā€™s a part of a joke is imo just silly. Itā€™s somewhat comparable with:

The idea is great at first, but not if you give it a thorough through. Still appreciating @thomasloven 's work. No hard feelings, just sharing my opinion about this matter.

Edit: The update in HACS is really appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna call you out on this, donā€™t care that youā€™re a moderator, actually that should mean you hold yourself to a higher standard. Your attitude here sucks. Itā€™s not ā€œjustā€ tilting the cards if itā€™s causing someoneā€™s instance to be unstable. Itā€™s like youā€™re brushing off this personā€™s issue as unimportant.

3 Likes

Itā€™s really decent of you to apologize. Thanks for making your cards available, they help a lot of people. Sometimes people have lapses in judgment, but you fixed it and did the right thing.

2 Likes

I was with you right up until that.

No need to blame the victim(s)ā€¦

Iā€™m glad that not everyone distrusts literally everything and everyone. especially those that are supposed to be the trusted ones.

I hope you didnā€™t just plant an idea in someoneā€™s head about doing something like this but really truly maliciously instead of just as a prank.

4 Likes

this is absolutely not funny and has had real and detrimental consequences today for me.

1 Like

it has stopped dropdown menus from input_selects displaying properly which has caused real problems for me today

1 Like

I got card-mod through installing the Lovelace minimalist theme.
Shows the dangers of installing anything

Ditto

Made me smile, and I had no issue at all!
Thanks for your efforts Thomas!

Had a lot of clients to apologise to this morning as a result.
I get this wasnā€™t done maliciously, however this has resulted in a lot of work and headache for me this morning which I didnā€™t need.

3 Likes

What browser are you using? Because this sounds like a hidden bug has been exposed, but I canā€™t reproduce it in Chrome, Safari or Edge.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Itā€™s a custom card and heā€™s swearing at me like I made the change. You think Iā€™m going to respond nicely when Iā€™m just passing along the information? No, Iā€™m not. Respect is a 2 way street.

3 Likes

omg, i was going to reinstall allā€¦ btw, nice when you know about itā€¦ just put a message somewhere on the dashboard to prevent panic

Well, I didnā€™t had card mod but my whole HA is f**ked, anyone know why? android HA app is same as well

That interface looks pretty normal. I suggest you open a new thread. Make sure to provide logs and a detailed description of the problem.

Nm seems topical

Check the left menu :^)

1 Like

Yep, missed that