Is this some sort of weird april fools joke - crooked cards?

I’ll wait for today to pass, maybe another joke from another mod or who knows, hope for a better tomorrow :))

Do you have card mod installed but not using it?

Nope, I did install it with HACS now and uninstall it but nothing changed, I’ll try to make a new threat on this problem a bit later.

I had the same issue, i figured out that I had Lovelace minimalist that had the card-mod installed within it. Uninstalling Lovelace minimalist fixed it for me.

I thought COVID had a new symptome :smiley:

No hurt here, it was just driving me mad !

yes I have that as well, so I guess need to wait for today to pass or unistall minimalist? damn :expressionless:

I was pulling out my hair for the past 2 hours trying to figure out the issue. effected my ocd.

1 Like

same, same :rofl:, I can’t look at the dashboard, good that everything is working and I don’t really need to make changes or work on today.

**disabling minimalist ui from integration is solving the issue/joke. I guess this will restore to normal starting from tomorrow.

like this you mean? :roll_eyes:

I saw the dev said that the update should fix the crooked dashboard. But now im on 3.1.4 and everything is still broken : )

I also updated to 3.1.4 and did a shift+f5 in chrome and that fixed the crooked dashboard and the dropdown menus

No need to uninstall UI Minimalist. It just rolled-out the fix from card-mod 🌻 Lovelace UI • Minimalist - #1826 by basbrus

CTRL+F5 your browser

Hahahaha I love it!! :rofl:

What a smart way of getting a bit of numbers/feedback of users using card-mod :grimacing: :+1:

As I was made aware of this topic even before I discovered anything crucial on my UI, I find it quite funny.

Otherwise I think I would be a little pissed especially when I would have spent a bit of time to investigate.

So for me: great April’s fool Thomas :grin:

Update: found this in the release notes. Great hint making us aware of the meaning of „custom“ !

I did this as a bit of fun. I hope some appreciated it a bit. But it could have been something else entirely…
When you install custom components or plugins outside of Home Assistants control and strict quality checking - you are vulnerable.

I did freak out a little bit when it happened, then I found this thread.
It is kinda of a funny joke, but I think you missed one crucial thing : an easy way for people to turn if off.

I think if you had added like an extra button somewhere in the UI to easily turn if off, you wouldn’t have so much blowback.

But thanks for all your work anyway !

Yeah.
I’ll keep that in mind when I never do anything like this ever again.

3 Likes

I’m not gonna say I never misread something in my life because I would be lying, but he did not swear at you, you should read what he said again. He said the prank is fucked up, and I totally agree. HA is not a joke, lots of people including myself depend on this application and put a lot of time and effort into it. I spent hundreds of hours fine tuning my setup since 2018, I have over 250 automations and my dashboards are intricately created. Some people even sell HA as a service by building home automation systems for their clients. It was a lapse of judgment by thomas and he fixed it, but it is a fucked up prank. The guy didn’t swear at all, he has been very respectful, I have to say if it was me, I would have lost my sh*t, I have to applaud the OP for keeping his cool.

1 Like

My two cents worth - maybe we shold look back on these couple minutes of scrambling this morning to reflect on how much work Thomas (and all other devs) have contributed to Home Assistant and thank them for all of their time and effort. I think back to my early dashboards and what they looked like compared to today and know that I could not have done this without them.

So Thomas, thanks again for everything (even a little humor).

6 Likes

Please i beg you do not do this again. HAHA!
This morning sucked!
Off topic - Keep up your excellent work.

1 Like