Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

Ah sorry, sensitivity adjustment is mentioned in the blackadder link, I played around with it until it worked for me

Yes, I use Automagic (not FK), but here my notes and XMLs flows:

5. Automagic (not in the store).
        1. adb connect 192.168.1.183:5555 adb -s 192.168.1.171:5555 install Automagic_1_38_0.apk
        2. Get the flows and copy them over to the new tablet
            1. adb  -s 192.168.1.163:5555 pull /sdcard/Download/flow_Launch_Home_Assistant_20240316_103005.xml flow_Launch_Home_Assistant_20240316_103005.xml
            2. adb  -s 192.168.1.163:5555 pull /sdcard/Download/flow_Proximity_turn_screen_ON_20240316_103335.xml flow_Proximity_turn_screen_ON_20240316_103335.xml
            3. adb -s 192.168.1.171:5555 push flow_Proximity_turn_screen_ON_20240316_103335.xml /sdcard/Download/flow_Proximity_turn_screen_ON_20240316_103335.xml
            4. adb -s 192.168.1.171:5555 push flow_Launch_Home_Assistant_20240316_103005.xml /sdcard/Download/flow_Launch_Home_Assistant_20240316_103005.xml
        3. Import the flows
            1. Menu -> “Import flows/widgets”
            2. Enable both flows
        4. Reboot the tablet

flow_proxymity.xml

<data version="1.38.0">

<trigger type="proximity_sensor">

<useDefaultName>true</useDefaultName>

<name>Proximity Sensor: Distance < 4.0cm</name>

<enabled>true</enabled>

<less>true</less>

<distance>4.0</distance>

<keepDeviceAwake>true</keepDeviceAwake>

</trigger>

<action type="execute_command">

<name>Execute Command: input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP in</name>

<command>input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP</command>

<workingDirectory/>

<timeout>30000</timeout>

<variableStdout>stdout</variableStdout>

<variableStderr>stderr</variableStderr>

<variableExitCode>exit_code</variableExitCode>

</action>

<action type="sound">

<name>Sound: Adara as Notification</name>

<soundSourceType>BUILTIN</soundSourceType>

<alarmName>Adara</alarmName>

<uri>content://media/internal/audio/media/29</uri>

<path/>

<audioStreamType>NOTIFICATION</audioStreamType>

<startPosition/>

<showStopSoundNotification>false</showStopSoundNotification>

<waitForSoundToFinish>false</waitForSoundToFinish>

<requestAudioFocus>false</requestAudioFocus>

<audioFocusType>TRANSIENT</audioFocusType>

</action>

<action type="turn_screen_on">

<name>Turn Screen On: Bright for 15s</name>

<bright>true</bright>

<duration>15s</duration>

<resetUserActivityTimer>true</resetUserActivityTimer>

</action>

<flow type="flow">

<name>Proximity turn screen ON</name>

<enabled>true</enabled>

<executionPolicy>STOP</executionPolicy>

<emergencyStopCount>100</emergencyStopCount>

<triggercontainer id="t1" x="104.999985" y="157.5">

<trigger>Proximity Sensor: Distance < 4.0cm</trigger>

</triggercontainer>

<actioncontainer id="t2" x="-140.0" y="402.5">Turn Screen On: Bright for 15s</actioncontainer>

<actioncontainer id="t3" x="245.00006" y="612.49994">Sound: Adara as Notification</actioncontainer>

<actioncontainer id="t4" x="70.00003" y="612.5">Execute Command: input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP in</actioncontainer>

<connection from="t1" to="t3" type="NORMAL" sourcePosition="SOUTH" targetPosition="NORTH"/>

<connection from="t1" to="t4" type="NORMAL" sourcePosition="SOUTH" targetPosition="NORTH"/>

</flow>

</data>

Hey ! The download url for Automagic (https://automagic4android.com/download_en.html) is dead… is there an alternative for screen wakeup? thx !

On Ubuntu,

I get …Device Detected :slight_smile: then it just stays there.

It never gets to

main - Mode detected: sahara
Device is in EDL mode .. continuing.

Maybe try this? GitHub - seaky/nspanel_pro_tools_apk

So I tried this - as per on the internet, putting in this, with the android.hardware.usb.host.xml file and handheld_core_hardware.xml line update with the usb host line. Also got 3 more usb-otg adapters, tested working with my phone, multiple micro-usb cables.

Still no dice on USB host OTG functionaliy. Wondering if I’m missing something, @mattmon any advice? What versions are you on, what base version of the device were you using, before flashing with EDL, maybe that’s the difference?

@mattmon - I’ve been using A11 for a while now and it’s gone further up my list of the most stable and usable ROM version. Audio and touchscreen sleep issue fixed. Better system options and more of the Fully Kiosk options work (with a caveat). Webview is easy to install.

The only remaining issue is a crash to the Lenovo logo IF a replacement launcher is used such as Fully Kiosk’s kiosk mode. This means that you can run Fully Kiosk but not in full kiosk mode if you want unattended startup (on power cycle etc). I use Autostart Manager to start Fully Kiosk after a reboot/power on. For me, this is fine but others might want the full kiosk functionality.

So for me, A11 has won out and just feels more modern (duh! 'cause it is!).

So at the very beginning of this mammoth post, you mentioned possibly moving to another ROM when proven. Is this the time now? PMOS is nice but offers far less functionality compared to Android (lack of fully kiosk). It also has fairly major issues with display performance and glitches in my testing. It might eventually get there but still needs more work IMO.

What do you think?

1 Like
  1. Check cable
  2. I found if the device sits in EDL or it’s the 2nd or more attempt the same happened. Try to start the flashing process, then put in EDL mode

Agree - I’m on 100% A11 on my devices now. I’m sure the Google play apps are probably chewing more resources than the alternative options if someone customized the A11 ROM to level only this community could do.

I don’t have the device start up anything, or connect to the wifi automatically and haven’t had a single crash. I manually launch fully kiosk, which forces the SSID joining, and launches RTPMic.
The updated web view beta is solid.
And RTPmic is perfect for streaming audio to the HA assist pipeline.
I’m using swipe card to display the main dashboard, baby camera and then a Sonos card, and so far between voice assistant and this dashboard I’ve not used my phone once.

This group has been amazing getting to where this solution is now! A11 also allows multiple apps to access the mic (and streamassist could bring in the camera if you wanted some kind of face detection?)

I would 2nd that A11 is stable (we just need to figure out how to launch an app on startup. For me just needs to be one app as FK will load the rest in the background).

It’s so reliable I have one in the guest room. This might be the closest (even exceeds it) that I’ve seen to a proper control 4 in room control system screen/tablet in a hotel.

1 Like

So although you are manually launching, are you using the full kiosk mode in FKB? When I’ve tried that, it wants to change the launcher app to itself and if you don’t set it, it won’t let you proceed.

I didn’t set up the kiosk mode (preventing other apps being launched you mean?) as it’s only me who uses it currently. I have kept the back, circle and square buttons accessible).

Didn’t know that was an issue. I have only FK as an app on the Home Screen. If you plan on running this at an airbnb or something like that I can totally see the need to lock down to just FK.

Did anyone get closer to understanding why the startup of an app on boot was an issue?

Once the device is connected to the WiFi I can do the usual (check for the current URL, or bring fully to foreground, or go to start page).
If WiFi auto connect worked, I could do the rest of the stuff remotely to check if fully is running, and if not start it/reload it.

So I can set WiFi auto connect and it works as long as I don’t set FKB to kiosk mode (which sets it as the launcher). Then I use autostart manager to launch FKB (just not in kiosk mode). Autostart manager does take a while to start it after power up though but at least it’s an unattended solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

pictorial guide?

Yes done that, tried different USB cables, starting the process holding down the buttons, before connecting, even tried putting a hub in between. Same result regardless of method.
I do get the dots across the screen and as soon as I plug it in it goes to the next stage but just gets stuck on the device detected.

Hi all,
I’m reporting back after doing some test with the thing…My setup ATM is using A11 build found on

BTW, many thanks @mngarchow!!
Clean install following the instruction, after that install of WebView from Playstore and Wallpanel APK via ADB USB. Nothing on autostart, wifi configured during setup, screen off after 2 minutes.
So far so good, in HA create a dedicated user with the default dashboard that fits the screen and has the cards I need. Wallpanel take care of wake up on camera and all is good.
The problem I’m facing are “only” 2:

1. at night with low light the wake up on camera struggle, I need to turn on the living room lights or tamper with the camera hide selector
  2. after a power off (planned, by unplugghing the plug or unplanned by grid failure) the thing almost everytime start to boots and then lock in the Lenovo splash screen. After a couples of retry, setting it on landscape mode, setting and unsetting the camera privacy slider it boots up.

For the first problem, that is minor for me, I’ll be testing some app to unlock screen via double tap on LCD, if i got one to work (any suggestions?)
For the second issue is there a way to avoid the problem?
OK, I’m editing this because I overcome for a little time my huge lazyness and found on the view-assist github wiki a follow up on the thinksmart build, the boot hang on Lenovo logo seems to be related to autoconnect to wifi. I’ll make some test and see if deselecting it solve the issue
It seems that unplugging the power for some minutes also kind of solve the problem, I’m thinking of not removing the wifi autoconnect if the unplug for some time works on avoiding the boot loop.

I’m reporting it also here so it may help other people lazy like me to find it :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

The second issue is well-discussed. If you have anything set as launcher it will crash to the logo screen. Don’t have anything set as the launcher? Fully kiosk can do this but you’re not using that.

No apps as launcher, nothing on auto start. I manually start wall view after boot. It seems bfrom what I found on the view assist repo that the build I’m using (A11) has this issue.
I’m going to do some test to see if, at least in my case, it’s related as suspected to wifi auto connect. This weekend I should have a little time, I ll report back.
TY

I have mine starting ok with WiFi auto connect on. Not sure what it is causing the problem.

When I was testing, blocking the device in my access point enabled it to start so there is something to do with networking.

@mattmon and others - you might be interested to hear that Deadman has just posted the image files for Lineage 15.1 stable on Discord. I’m just trying the install out now :slight_smile:

Oooooh, link?