Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

So i have everything up and running with lineage and wallpanel. Does FK expose the device as a media player? Doesnt seem like wallpanel does but i guess i could hack something together with browser_mod to get that stuff.

Yes FK does. You have to be careful naming as I have a long list of audio player entries now! Gets confusing.

And if im reading this right, its $8 per license for FKB or does one license work across all devices?

One licence per device but you can buy a multi device licence which is quite a bit cheaper

When flashing with edl I get a lot of errors saying firehose - [LIB]: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'totalsectors' . And it will no longer boot. Booting in recovery mode and edl mode still works.
I guess my partitions are gone? Anyway to restore from this state?

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen that error. What have you done so far and what image are you flashing?

I had A8.1 installed. Then tried to flash Lineage, but it failed with this error message.
Tried to flash A8.1 again but that also shows the same error.
After all that i flashed 200628.084 from XDA, but the same result.

Can anyone help explain why a dashboard wouldnā€™t work on the Lenovo vs any other tablet I have in my system? I built a new dashboard for the 3 Lenovoā€™s Iā€™m using and I used the Lovelace Button-Card add-on for it. If I open the dashboard on my computer or on my FireHD8 Plus, it works perfectly fine. If I open it on the Lenovo which is what it was built for, I get the ā€œCustom element doesnā€™t exist: button-cardā€ error.

Iā€™ve rebooted, refreshed, etcā€¦ Nothing seems to work. If I load my old dashboard (which I thankfully backed up) it works as expected. Super baffled why Iā€™m getting this error only on the Lenovo.

Try the official Lenovo recovery tool?

Yeah good option -

Iā€™ve just posted my Lineage install guide to GitHub if anyone is interested. If you do have a look and follow it, please let me know if there are any questions, issues or anything missing.

Iā€™ve also written up my dashboard install and shared the yaml for what itā€™s worth:

14 Likes

Amazing. I thought I had bought a dud, couldnā€™t get the install right somehow. This thing worked like a charm! Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I had my thinksmart upgraded from stock to A11 I used the mngarchow tutorial from view-assist GitHub discussion.
Iā€™ve then followed your instructions and ā€œdowngradedā€ from A11 to lineageos 15 using the windows laptop I used for the previous upgrade.

All went smoothly, the only problem I had was that after the lineageos first boot and configuration I had problem using adb to push some APK (wall view and virtual buttons). My laptop recognized the TS as MTP device and do it didnā€™t loaded the adb drivers.

Iā€™ve lost no time in troubleshooting and fired up my Linux machine to end it quickly.
I donā€™t know if it could be a setting error that I made or a driver conflict, you may set a note in that regard if you feel itā€™s worth.

Thank you for the clear and reassuring guide (I almost sweared when the Gapps install freezed at 47% then I saw your note and relaxed)ā€¦

1 Like

Excellent. Glad it worked out :slight_smile:

Does this Lineage 15.1 also make USB OTG work easily, or will I still need to learn how to do use the pin-connector thing I just got from Amazon (that you previously linked)?

I donā€™t know. Wasnā€™t me that linked that I donā€™t think?

I have just been experimenting with a newer version of WebView on the TSV. Iā€™ve added new instructions to the install guide here:

Lineage 15.1 Installation guide

At the time of writing, Lineage 15.1 ships with Android System WebView 100.0.4896.127. You can install a newer version if you like but you need to ensure itā€™s compatible with Android 8.1. Iā€™ve tried Android System WebView 125.0.6422.165 (arm64-v8a + arm-v7a) (Android 8.0+) which seems to work ok. In basic, non-scientific testing, loading a fairly complex web page app side-by-side, the newer version performed slightly faster. The mealie web app, running within an HA dashboard as a popup and loading the home page with recipe images, was around four seconds faster than the old WebView version. I swapped the WebView version over on both devices and saw the same performance increase, showing it wasnā€™t some other setting affecting performance.

Probably cuz the webview apk is old. Look at updating your android webview.

1 Like

If anyone has installed the gapps, i able to update my webview via the Google play store to this version i think.

1 Like

Iā€™ve also seen this with some custom elements - it normally gets resolved if I refresh or reload the dashboard. Iā€™m wondering if the relevant js code isnā€™t getting loaded in time (or at all)? The error seem to think it canā€™t find it. Also on an HA restart, I often see these kinds of errors until the page finishes loading or is refreshed.There are loads of cache settings to play with if using Fully Kiosk Browser.