Is this wifi switch supported? ANKUOO / MS6126

Great! Finally someone took to those switches. 80% of my light-switches are rec-app switches, so THANKS!

But how to I get them working in Home assistant now?

The component should be integrated in 0.81 until that release it can be tested cloning the dev branch

3 Likes

AWESOME WORK!! 0.81 works perfectly with my 21 MS-6126 devices. Off/On and Status of switch! Great work marco.lertora !

1 Like

@marco.lertora You legend!!!

I assume you have to use the rec app to get the device into your WiFi in the first place?

That’s right

@marco.lertora I’ve noticed that the status gets updated in Home Assistant within about 30 seconds. Can you advise what the rule is around this? Do you poll for the status every 30 seconds or a minute?

I was hoping the status update could be pushed real-time so that i could use the Ankuoo and my wall switches as real-time triggers. i.e. For example, turning on a switch in one spot would immediately trigger other switches to turn on (it still works but i have to wait for the 30 second delay). Theoretically, I could turn on and off all lights in the house with one switch. At least pushing out instructions via Home Assistant is real-time.

Now that these are supported, anyone know how to factory reset it so I can change WiFi SSID’s?

EDIT: Apologies, there is a setting in the app as there is no button on the in-wall module.

I’m seeing same. Rec app updates instantly but HA takes up to 30s to reflect correct state after change. When activating switch from HA though, response is instant.

You rock @marco.lertora!! Just for reference this also works for Malmbergs smart module (Sweden) https://malmbergs.com/Products/9917014. Thank you.

Has anyone had any trouble pairing to network, mine just fails everytime. I hear the beeping for pairing mode it sometimes beeps twice but then wil go back into pairing mode.

Also there is no WiFi network for the device like REC…

At a guess, try turning 5GHz off on your AP. Most iot devices don’t support 5GHz wifi and it confuses them. You can turn it back on after pairing.

If anyone is trying to stop the MS6126 from beeping… I put together a post about it : http://www.home-assistant.com.au/index.php/2018/12/13/stop-the-beeping/

Nice howto.

How did you negotiate the rights to the homessistant.com.au name?

Please do tell

Hi @sebdoan, this is a great diagram. A question, the documentation with the MS6126 says it can be wired with no switch and only app control, are you able to provide any advice as to what the wiring would be with no light switch at all?

https://community-assets.home-assistant.io/optimized/3X/f/d/fd7b793abb427984fcaed42dae5952c7be2b8e3e_1_281x500.jpeg

@pc_66 referring to the above image. If there were no switch in the circuit then you’d you’d only connect the “power for light” and “power for ankuoo” points. You’d not need the “switch sensor” wires.

WARNING: you’re dealing with live voltages, so if you’re not certain about what you’re doing get an electrician. You could kill yourself!!!

1 Like

Thanks @sebdoan …and noted. Wanted to be certain before I waste the time of an electrician. The documentation isn’t all that clear.

Does anyone know if these can be operated/configured without “phoning home” to the manufacturer, ie any Internet connection? At the risk of sounding paranoid, I’d like to be confident that my WiFi connection details (SSID, Password) don’t get sent off to the manufacturer.

TIA,

Thanks a lot for the HASS integration of these ANKUOO/MS6126

You have to know that they are also rebranded in France/Belgium as “chacon”
It works perfectly with… !!! I tested both the wall switch and the wall socket